[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Given one day to do an assignment in photography class >I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
>Given one day to do an assignment in photography class
>I have to "photograph a poem or song"

I can't think of anything that's not cringe worthy kinda stuff like pic related or some black and white photo of me in pain with some fucking shitty linkin park lyrics photoshopped in.
I'll probably try and take a picture of a cracked egg and call it humpty dumpty, but I want to do something good.. I have a lifesize poseable skeleton I can use for something too maybe.

Have any of you done something like this? What did you do?
>>
>>2804458
Songs would be an easier choice, personally. Just a frame of reference, let's use the Rolling Stones as an example. Specifically, their song "Paint It Black." The very first lyrics are "I see a red door, and I want it painted black."

So as a photo, you could just take the lyric literally as a photo of someone in the process of painting a red door black.

That's a very simple (and pretty crappy) way of doing it, so I'd stretch out your creativity and see how complex you can make the photo in reference to a specific song.

Bonus points if it's a song, band, or genre your teacher likes.

I hope that helps.
>>
>>2804472
I appreciate your post, thankyou
>>
>>2804458
>I can't think of anything that's not cringe worthy kinda stuff like pic related or some black and white photo of me in pain with some fucking shitty linkin park lyrics photoshopped in.
Use "Melancholy Man" by The Moody Blues.
You can literally do a sad photo of yourself without lyrics.
http://lyrics.wikia.com/wiki/The_Moody_Blues:Melancholy_Man
>>
Here's some idea I thought up in a second.
David Bowie's Sound and Vision, a man sitting on a bed, an open door visible in the background, perhaps a white line (meaning cocaine senpai) on some bedside table next to the man. He might be looking at the cocaine, or generally at the floor (but the floor at the edge of the room, not just straight downwards), in a look of surrendered despair. He wants to stop taking that cocaine, but he won't and he knows it.

If that helps you I can try thinking of some other things. Some songs lend themselves very well to creating images, you can listen to them and something just comes up.
>>
>>2804756
Rolling Stones-guy here, David Bowie's music is pretty perfect for that kind of stuff. You gave a much better example by using him.
>>
Go downtown during the rush and find someone that looks out of place. Call the photo "Mad World".
>>
File: 1449194367600.jpg (109 KB, 878x494) Image search: [Google]
1449194367600.jpg
109 KB, 878x494
or you could be lazy and do a war memorial theme with the poem flanders field
>>
Take a picture of a baby,

Bam - Justin Bieber's 'Baby.'

Or a person reading a dictionary,

Boom - justin's 'what do you mean'
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.