[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it just me or do these kinds of landscape photos look really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
Is it just me or do these kinds of landscape photos look really 'weird'? They don't look anything like reality, they look like a computer render or something. Not saying this method is inherently bad it just gives me a sort of uncanny valley effect for landscapes I guess.
>>
>>2802256
nah they look fucked up to me too with its no shadows and no depth
>>
>>2802256
>uncanny valley effect for landscapes

yup thats the right expression. the worst part is that not even b&w film photo causes that, being all abstracted and all. even high contrast, even shots that have been stenciled the fuck out of them, you still see the subjects in the photo, not a "render".

OP image is HDR, plus it has dumb fake digital colors. its going to look crap. like 90% of flickr.
>>
>>2802289
nah, looks like shitty stacked "long" exposure with adde satietam maximum and the clarity slider jacked up.
>>
>that fucking horizon
>and the rest
>>
not sure where you're from, but that's what the beach looks like here.
>>
>>2802256
They look weird because literally your entire life, your eyes and bran have been learning how things look, and how light works, and how shadows are formed, and when you fuck with it and do a bad job, your eye instantly notices. HDR beginners tend to use it to completely raise shadows to mids, which isn't how light works, so their results tend to look bad.
>>
>>2802256
Pic looks pretty similar to actual sunsets desu, and it doesn't even have to be HDR.
I've gotten similar results with a D810, stacking a circular polarizer with a graded ND filter. I used quuite little post processing.
>>
>Is it just me or do these kinds of landscape photos look really 'weird'?

oh fuck goyims started suspecting something.

>>2802369

lmao

>>2802384

This.
>>
>>2802420
Why not post your results then
>>
>>2802420
>Pic looks pretty similar to actual sunsets desu, and it doesn't even have to be HDR.

Yeah, just that: similar.
>>
>>2802420
>Pic looks pretty similar to actual sunsets desu, and it doesn't even have to be HDR.
>I've gotten similar results with a D810, stacking a circular polarizer with a graded ND filter. I used quuite little post processing.

/p/ is the only creative board where the people go beyond usual trolling boundaries and legit try to confuse newbs and bring false information with a straight face.

worst board ever.
>>
File: 1310483412100.jpg (80 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1310483412100.jpg
80 KB, 413x395
>>2802376
>>2802420

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS3 Windows
Image-Specific Properties:
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2010:10:16 20:45:06
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width413
Image Height395
>>
>>2802496
To be fair, /pol/
>>
>>2802496

And yet you didn't post the picture you supposedly took that resembles this without a ton of PP.

Fuck off m8
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.