[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/p/ 2015 book
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 7
File: 1457327075601.jpg (5 MB, 1610x7400) Image search: [Google]
1457327075601.jpg
5 MB, 1610x7400
So what happened to the two guys who were planning to make the books? Has anyone heard from them?
>>
>>2797326

what is your image a compilation of? submissions/curated? iggy fucked us i dont know bout the other mans
>>
Curated version was fucked by >le ebin XDD 14 year old troll voters who only voted for the worst pictures so I guess that's not happening

Iggy might still happen, he did a thread two weeks ago or so where people were still submitting shit so it might take a while though (even though it's mid March already ffs)
>>
>>2797343
>Curated version was fucked by >le ebin XDD 14 year old troll voters who only voted for the worst pictures

it was the IRC team, call it like it is.
>>
>>2797351
>call it like it is
I did
>>
>>2797351
>le ebin XDD 14 year old troll voters
> the IRC team

i dont see the difference
>>
Its nearly april for fuck sake. The voted book anon is most probably in a coma or dead due to his car accident.
>>
how can this board be such a failure that it tries two times to pull out a collective project and fails so miserably?

how can the envy be so high? the curated project was done because of that brazilian piece of shit being such shit, but the tripfag team boycotted it out of butthurt? i mean srsly?
>>
>>2797619
>the tripfag team
You are the exact reason. You and the couple of faggots like you.
>>
>>2797619
The curated version was always going to be shit. Anybody of worth who submitted to the first one wasnt going to fuck around and submit to a second by some passive-aggressive piece of shit. Not everybody wastes their lives away on forums, I am sure that iggy will deliver at some point. And even if he doesnt, the tears of newfags wanting to be feature in a completely incohesive and uncurated book are pretty delicious
>>
>>2797626
>You are the exact reason. You and the couple of faggots like you.

im the reason /p/ cant pull its shit together? LMAO

>>2797627
>I am sure that iggy will deliver at some point.

its all way past expiration date. not even worth it.
>>
>>2797635
>im the reason /p/ cant pull its shit together? LMAO
Yes. Angry accusitory faggots who paint the world as "the good guys and the bad guys" where the bad guys are anyone you don't like. in this case "the tripfag team" regardless of how retarded that sounds.

In stead of showing up to help, or contribute, or solve problems, you and people like you just throw your fucking feces and wait for the rest of us to clean it up. Why the fuck would anyone want to contribute to a community when you're in it?
>>
>>2797636
>faggots who paint the world as "the good guys and the bad guys"

most tripfags here are objectively bad, though.
>>
>>2797641
Then why would it be a problem if they boycotted the book?
Fucked by your own shitty attitude.
>>
>>2797644
The guy wasn't stating anything about the book either way. He was just saying that the tripfags here are mostly bad.
>>
>>2797645
I like that isi one a lot
>>
bump where the fuck is the book
>>
>>2797876

can't tell if you're isi not using her trip or just a white knight.

bad trips on this board include: natureguy, m.m.pickels, edwardd, isi, fucking sugar
>>
>>2800598
it's obviously someone trying to make a lame joke
and you forgot omi
>>
>>2800599
And Vosh.
>>
>>2800598
>m.m.pickels

hes not that bad nowadays, post photos, gives brief advice, does janitor labor. the rest, i agree, they are shit.
>>
>>2800598
I dunno man, The isi ones are at least better than the catsby ones or the people who submitted snapshits of their cats.
I'd also take that over a macro shot of a bee too if I'm being 100% honest.
>>
>>2800598
lol no, I actually just think isi is clearly pretty talented compared to much of the board.
I didn't say she was the nicest person to be around.
>>
>>2800598
thanks bb :^)
>>
Where's the fucking book?
>>
>>2802789

its pretty fucking dead m8. do your own book, this shit aint happening.
>>
i believe iggy will happen some time, he had done it before m8s but things like these take time and he might be busy
>>
>>2797517
this is the 4th time it has been done m8 2014 was by far the best and was done by iggy so I believe he will deliver
>>
I still say the title should be 2015, a year of advanced faggotry
>>
>>2802807
It wasn't "done by iggy." It was done by /p/ as a hole. People e-mailed decent photos to one guy and he uploaded them to a website. That doesn't make him some highly artistic patron saint of photography.
IIRC that one was curated too, maybe even by people who actually cared and weren't just circlejerking.

This year's book isn't even curated. Everything goes in. How is it taking him several months to just upload the photos to whichever shitty printing site he prefers? How can you praise this lazy shit?
>>
>>2802916
but he's not just uploading them, he also has to make multiple book versions out of them (because /p/ wasn't satisfied with just one). Then there were also people who only submitted two weeks ago or so because "lol sorry my mail got lost". Personally I find it to be too long too, but there's certainly more work to it than just uploading them to a site
>>
>>2802916

this.

even if he only had a single half hour spare each week to work on it there's no excuse for it to not be done by now.

I get that he doesn't owe anyone anything and he doesn't have to do it... but fuck just jam the shit in a book and post it here. It's not that hard.
>>
2011 /p/ is best /p/. This shit is gay
>>
>>2803686
2008 /p/ was best /p/
>>
Where
Is
The
Fucking
Book
>>
>bjdrew's russian mail ordered hurricane strikes brazil
>iggy ded
>>
Two photobook fails in one year, what a community!
>>
No, but for real...
>>
In all honestly, I don't blame Iggy one bit. He tried again to get a community project going, something he's done a couple of times before, and he got constantly shat on by /p/.

Is this place an angry shit hole? Sure. I'll give you that. And Iggy knows that. He was here long enough. But, at the end of the day, if we're going to be an angry shit hole then we don't really have any fucking right to get pissed when we don't get our way.

As for the other book, that shit was a non starter from the beginning.
>>
>>2809470
He jumps in to do it ahead of anyone else because of the recognition it gets him, or he pretends to begrudgingly do it after his name magically comes up yet again.
He always takes weeks or months longer than it should take to do anything of this scope, and makes it seem like far more effort than it actually is. While dilligently lurking the board and reminding us how much work he's going to do on it, but isn't.
For him to have all the photos, everyone waiting, and then just fuck off is vindictive smallman dramawhoring at it's finest.
If he's not been hospitalised in a coma, or dead , and physically incapable of posting a status, then he's just a total faggot, and should never be trusted to do one again.

Keep in mind:
Submissions were in April.
Three months ago.
>>
>>2810038
*Submissions were in January.
fixed
>>
>Biff and fultron submissions

Holy shit /p/ stepping up their game, good job fellas
>>
>>2810225
>Sugar sucking major dick of other tripfags

Holy shit Sugar stepping up his game, good job on being the biggest faggot on /p/
>>
>>2810038
Oh, come on. You hated Iggy before he did this, and now you're just using it as an excuse to shit on him.
>>
>>2810337
I was indifferent.
But every time he does this it pisses me off a little more.
>>
>>2810038
>because of the recognition it gets him
???
because he's here on his trip all the time being showered in affection and attention for it, right? He's really getting so much benefit from it.
Bias is retarded and obvious.
>>
>>2810361
>I was indifferent.
Fuck you, cunt. You're complaining about stuff that stretches back years. Best I can remember, I didn't see Iggy trip at all in 2015 until the book thread came about in December. He used a trip in that thread because it makes sense for people to know who they're talking to about the specific project. He only ever tripped again when talking about the progress.

It's because of whiny little cunts like you that we can't have nice things.
>>
>>2810038
>vindictive smallman dramawhoring at it's finest.
Because he's here stirring it up and being part of it, right? For all we know, he literally got hit by a bus and died.
>>
>>2810374
>iggy's brazilian
>tfw iggy died of the zika virus
>>
IRC kuk team caused all this.
>>
File: stop.gif (333 KB, 289x149) Image search: [Google]
stop.gif
333 KB, 289x149
>>2810435
>>
>>2809470
>As for the other book, that shit was a non starter from the beginning.

no, that was an actually interesting project that we could've tried at least but no, /p/ is so immature and afraid of change if it's not done by one of the oh so glorious tripfag, that it had to >le epic trolle XD the fuck out of it before it could even be started properly

that's why this "community" is utter shit and very few people will ever amount to anything in relations to photography in their life
>>
>>2797326
Why are so many of these so bad? Just a quick look into the recent photos or film threads is better than most of these.
>>
>>2810446
Because /p/ has worked hard for the past three years to drive away anyone with any talent or positive attitude about photography. Success and talent are literally derided as a gimmick. All threads devolve into petty arguments and same fagging. Why would anyone capable of consistently taking good photos ever come here? There is no good discussion to be had, and anyone with talent, creativity, and drive, has no peer to have a pleasant conversation with. So you're left with pretenders, gear fags, shut ins, and assholes. And those are the photos that come out of it.
>>
>>2810446
theyre actually all pretty solid, proud of my /p/ bros
>>
>>2810444
>/p/ is so immature and afraid of change if it's not done by one of the oh so glorious tripfag
Oh, for fuck's sake dial back the anti-trip hate. The second book was a terrible idea because it came immediately after Iggy's book. For the past four years, we had one single, end of year book. Iggy started that book again this year, in the same way he did in the past two years. Everything was rocking along fine and then somebody came in trying to do another damn book. It was a shitty idea from the beginning.
>>
>>2810462
>came immediately after Iggy's book

which book? It's April 7th, submission closed over 3 months ago
>>
>>2810450
>Because /p/ has worked hard for the past three years to drive away anyone with any talent or positive attitude about photography.

this. we would still have alphon if it wasnt for all those negative posters.
>>
>>2810467
1) Alphon was really the beginning of the problem, and he was really the seed of the obsessive anger that's grown to take over the whole board
2) Don't pretend he's not still here. We all know.
>>
>>2810464
Iggy had just finished taking submissions for his book when the second guy appeared trying to start his own 2015 book.
>>
>>2810468
>2) Don't pretend he's not still here. We all know.
I actually wish he was. I feel like trolling and arguing was so much more civilized back then. It was like the American Revolutionary War. Everything was nice and structured. Now, /p/ is stuck in some Vietnam tier quagmire shit.

If Alphon was still here, he couldn't resit posting his photos. There's no way. He thought too highly of himself to be here without trying to draw attention.
>>
>>2810471
Dude, every post he made was literally a mini explosion of rage and personal attacks. There was nothing nice or structured with him. That's how it was BEFORE he lost his shit. Maybe you're forgetting the 3 or 4 months preceding his "exit" from the board. He was in every single thread, attacking every single photo. The entire board stood up and was fighting with him, and then started fighting with each other, and people haven't calmed down since. Except the anger drove away all the photographers, So now people just get end-of-the-world angry about what camera they bought, and what cameras other people shouldn't have bought.
>>
>>2810450
>Because /p/ has worked hard for the past three years to drive away anyone with any talent or positive attitude about photography. Success and talent are literally derided as a gimmick. All threads devolve into petty arguments and same fagging. Why would anyone capable of consistently taking good photos ever come here? There is no good discussion to be had, and anyone with talent, creativity, and drive, has no peer to have a pleasant conversation with. So you're left with pretenders, gear fags, shut ins, and assholes. And those are the photos that come out of it.

all this salt.

there are still good convos here. no one talked about photobooks (real ones, not the "compiled RPT book") here 2 years ago, everything was about how to copy mike larremore, nouveau and carlos. now we do, so, for me, this is a better board now than it ever was.
>>
>>2810475
So you prefer talking about books to actually taking photos, and learning how to take photos? No wonder you prefer the "new /p/".
>>
>>2810473
>Dude, every post he made was literally a mini explosion of rage and personal attacks. There was nothing nice or structured with him.

wow calm the fuck down bro. not because he roasted your talentless ass it means he wasnt a steady source of board contribution. in my experience, he was a cool guy, always giving solid advice. i got plenty from him and learnt a lot. maybe if you werent so shit, youd get better critiques.
>>
>>2810479
Like I said back in #2...
>>
>>2810477
>actually taking photos, and learning how to take photos

im way past that stage, silly ass hurt anon lol
>>
I miss alphon's critiques. When I posted and asked for feedback he would be really blunt and honest about weaknesses in my photography. He helped me make huge strides in composition, lighting and post production (or at least I think that was him that posted in my threads).

He also had a lot of experience photographing architecture, and since he left there hasn't really been any serious architectural photographers around here.
>>
>>2810490
if alphon commented on your composition, it was to tell you that your composition sucked and that you need to give up photography. Nothing he said was ever constructive or beneficial. It was attacks. He look at a photo, scanned it for targets, and flung his rotten feces at those targets. If you improved, it's because you either put in the work yourself, or because someone else came in behind him to give you actual advice about the shit he attacked in his drive-by on his way to get into some personal argument with another anon.

>He also only had experience photographing architecture in one strange way, but thought that it gave him the experience to critique every single photo he saw, regardless of whether he understood your motivations, goals, or intent in the photo.
Fixed that for you.
>>
File: 1367895058780.jpg (812 KB, 2254x1265) Image search: [Google]
1367895058780.jpg
812 KB, 2254x1265
this is now an alphon appreciation thread.

remember when he picked one photo anon posted for crit and cropped 5 different photos out of it, all good? he was indeed a photographers photographer.

pic related.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5 Windows
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2013:05:06 21:33:29
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width2254
Image Height1265
>>
>>2797326

i want to see the italian qt of entry n°50.
>>
>>2810493
That's just the thing. I don't know if he was bipolar or if I was dealing with different people or didn't realize it. Ah, the curse of being anonymous.

In a couple threads I got comments like "your leading lines are shit" or "haha you fucking pleb, you should've waited 30 minutes for the light to change". In another thread I got stuff like "here's a primer on how white balance works, also your pano stitching is off and the composition could be better in some of these". All in polite, straight-to-the point terms, not a hint of aggression or vitriol. But regardless, I took what I could from all of those critiques, even the ones about my "lines being shit". And nowadays I am nitpicky as hell because whoever posted in my threads made me more aware of what was going on in my own images and how to judge for myself whether something was working or not.
>>
>>2810538

>"your leading lines are shit"
and
>"haha you fucking pleb, you should've waited 30 minutes for the light to change".

arent vitriolic nor aggressive, thats just 4chen, you delicate sissy. im pretty sure your lines where shite and your light reading was trash, so these comments were well earned.
>>
>>2810542
The point though is that those posts carried two completely different tones. Hence, possibly not from the same person. I never said his criticism was completely unfounded, either.

>I bet you deserved

Please tell me more about how you have never taken a bad image in your life.
>>
>>2810542
>im pretty sure your lines where shite and your light reading was trash, so these comments were well earned.
Because you know the image in question, and aren't just speaking directly from your colon, right?
>>
>>2810633
>two completely different tones
i do that too, everyone does im sure.

>Please tell me more about how you have never taken a bad image in your life.
ive done a lot and will continue to. and ill get the eventual criticism as something thats maybe true in all cases, its something i learnt here (that even your best may be a mediocre picture).
>>
>>2810767
I think you might give anonymous /p/ crit a tiny bit too much credit.

I stated my gratitude towards alphon - or whoever gave me that feedback - in this thread, and I won't renig it. However, there's been times where the /p/ crits have been wrong, I.e. accusing me of "cropping to fix composition" when I posted a 16:9 photo, even though it was actually two images stitched into a pano, and only cropped down post-stitching to acquire the composition I had in mind while out shooting.

I always appreciate being humbled by proper critique, but I still won't always agree with the feedback I receive. Its not that I am above being criticized, it's that not everyone who doesn't like your photos knows better than you. I've received critiques from various sources (not just /p/) that were "wrong" in the sense that they pushed me in the wrong directions or gave me false ideas about where my images should strive to be. Since then I have been especially sure to take any feedback, positive or negative, with whole heaping handfuls of salt.
>>
long live the alphon days

long live /p/
>>
>>2810840
kind of new to this board. anyone have some alphon screencaps?
>>
>>2810855
>kind of new to this board.

Here's your first piece of advice:

Disregard anything Sugar says. He's the second-worst trip on the board and by far the most pitiable.

Second: Anyone who says they liked alphon is either a troll or a shithead. Disregard them as well.
>>
>>2810867
>He's the second-worst trip on the board and by far the most pitiable.
Who is the first, and how are they less pitiable? Wouldn't that make them better, or, lower numbered?

What's the deal with your trip-hate, guy? Most of us anons just shitpost all day lol!
>>
File: 1393818978656.png (903 KB, 1600x3755) Image search: [Google]
1393818978656.png
903 KB, 1600x3755
>>2810855
Here ya go.

As an aside; why do all the cute redheads on /p/ turn out to be crazy?
>>
>>2810981
>posting the one, single alphon post where he didn't go absolutely apeshit ballistic on somebody

Good ol' Red was the most extreme mix of helpful when he wanted to be and absolutely, worthlessly angry the rest of the time.
>>
>>2810876

isi for 400 Alex.

I think the reason she would be voted worst is she will argue with anyone about anything even the most insignificant shit, at least I don't have her cognitive dissonance and I can laugh at myself because really, anyone who is dumb enough to let a 400-pound trailer door fall on them had better be able to laugh at themselves lol
>>
File: 1390977031895.jpg (551 KB, 1000x710) Image search: [Google]
1390977031895.jpg
551 KB, 1000x710
>>2810992
Why would I save the shitty ones?

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 5D Mark II
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5 Windows
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.4
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2011:10:13 19:41:13
Exposure Time4 sec
F-Numberf/22.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/22.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length50.00 mm
Image Width1000
Image Height710
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>2811021
Because they were 99.9999% of his condescending regurgitated photo101 posts.
It takes a special kind of bitch to fawn over such a giant cunt who's only redeeming feature was an autism-level love for architectural abstractions and constant spouting of textbook rhetoric.
>>
>>2811021
I dunno. Maybe for the same reason you saved his silly selfie? Because he was entertainingly insane.
>>
>>2811039
>>2811041
The selfie is hilarious. And there was more care put into than 90% of what's in the current self portrait thread, by the way.
I saved that one Alphon post, and only that one, because it was genuinely useful. If were to save all the autistic rageposts on /p/ I'd be a busy man.
>>
>>2811039
>Because they were 99.9999% of his condescending regurgitated photo101 posts.
>It takes a special kind of bitch to fawn over such a giant cunt who's only redeeming feature was an autism-level love for architectural abstractions and constant spouting of textbook rhetoric.

all this everlasting assmad.

get your ptsd checked, buddy pal.
>>
>>2811179
Ya know, I give Alphonso credit. He hasn't been here in what, three or four years? And people are still pissed off at him. Dude was a Samurai level troll.
>>
>>2811003
Jesus Christ you are pathetic.
isi's a cunt, but she's not pathetic.
>>
>>2797326

/r/ing alphon screencaps! I wanna see what the fuss is about
>>
>>2811201
>Jesus Christ you are pathetic.
>said the whiteknight

K E K
U
K
>>
Where's the fucking book
>>
>>2813112
Iggy died. Show a little respect, you fucking Neanderthal.
>>
>>2813119
>yay lets cover shit behavior and unaccountability with shit jokes!

disgusting t b h.
>>
>>2813152
>shit behavior and unaccountability
I hate to break it to you, bro, but you're on 4chan. If you're upset by sit behavior and accountability then you're in the wrong place.
>>
>>2813152
Shut up catsby
>>
I've been away from /p/ for two plus years. Is Iggy still taking extreme close-ups of people in Queen St Mall with an old Russian mirror lens on a pentacks?
>>
>>2813422
no one cares about tripfags these days. most just block them.
>>
>>2813422
>>2813427
I got mixed up anyway, I was thinking of Eggy
>>
>>2813461
He took it back and now uses a 24-70 or something like that.
>>
>>2813152
Oh fuck right off
>>
>>2813613

no.
>>
>>2813422
http://oh-hi.info
>>
File: 1378947047564.jpg (178 KB, 950x519) Image search: [Google]
1378947047564.jpg
178 KB, 950x519
>>2811259

Image Width950
Image Height519
>>
>>2813688
Yeah, that sounds about right for him.

The crazy thing was his consistency. That comments wasn't some out of the ordinary thing. It was really his MO for responding to anything. He would post his own pictures, and then he'd rage at every single thing else without limit. Somebody else posted a picture? Rage fest. Somebody commented on one of his shots? Rage fest. Two other anons having a conversation about Canon gear? Rage fest. Because of that, he always brought out the worst in people here. You think there's shitposting and trolling when isi posts a thread? Shit ain't nothing compared to the never ending shitposting that went on with Alphon.
>>
>>2813836
SOUNDS LIKE YOU'RE JUST ASS RAVAGED AND DON'T LIKE THAT I GIVE YOU CRITIQUE ON YOUR FUCKING SHIT PHOTOS YOU PILE OF FROZEN DIARRHEA WHY DON'T YOU SHUT YOUR FUCKING MOUTH, TAKE THE KNOWLEDGE I'M FUCKING HANDING YOU, AND PRODUCE A FUCKING PHOTO WORTH LOOKING AT FOR ONCE IN YOUR FUCKING MOUTH. I SWEAR TO GOD THIS FUCKING BOARD ALL NEEDS TO BE LINED UP AND SHOT YOU FUCKING FAGGOTS WOULDN'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO TALK ABOUT GEAR CORRECTLY IF YOU DIDN'T HAVE THE ANGRY PHOTOGRAPHER TO WRITE IT ALL DOWN FOR YOU TO SPOUT LIKE THE GOD DAMNED MARIONETTE FAGGOTS YOU ARE.

-This Alphon experience has been brought to you by the Center for Alphon Trauma Recovery Center. Helping rehabilitate Alphon victims since 2009.
>>
>>2813859
Didn't he show up out of nowhere and disappear really quickly around 2011-2012?
>>
File: 1374894992039.gif (4 MB, 450x248) Image search: [Google]
1374894992039.gif
4 MB, 450x248
>>
>>2813868
Yeah, he was really a flash in the pan, but he caused a shit ton of havoc while he was here.
>>
>>2813871
I legitimately miss both bass and sloth.

Deal with it, anti-trip fags.
>>
>>2813868
He seemed to stick around for a while. I found this board in 2012 and he had been making threads and posting for what seemed like even into late 2013. Then in like early 14 he was constantly ban evading before he finally nuked his Flickr and disappeared forever.
>>
>>2813688
For a while there I was suspected of being the evil pentax shill nemesis' secret identity.
>>
>tfw no book
Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.