[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was invited to shoot this event up in Orlando Florida this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 12.jpg (387 KB, 1440x960) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
387 KB, 1440x960
I was invited to shoot this event up in Orlando Florida this year and i was wondering what a good all around short zoom lens i should rent.

For reference i have the Fuji XT1 (pic related) and i will be shooting exclusively indoors at Hotwife Convention 2016. Thoughts?
>>
>>2790763
What kind of venue? What time of day? What kind of event? How much access will you have?

I'd hesitantly say a 24-70mm 2.8, but depending on the above, you might be better served with a 70-200mm.

Also, fucking gear thread asshole.
>>
>>2790765
As i said it's a indoor event called Hotwife Con. I will be shooting in dimly lit rooms and mostly people. I have full access to the entire premise and i'm allowed in and outside the premise. I will be up close and personal with the people and the rooms are quite small. I may be shooting video but photography is a must. Sorry for not posting in the gear thread.
>>
>>2790767
>hotwife con
This is an actual convention in my city. What the fuck.
>>
>>2790777
Yeah it's pretty big but goes under the radar, this will be my third time coming, this time i'm getting paid.
>>
>Cuckvention
Flash, wide-to-normal zoom, portrait prime.

>fuji
>flash
kek
>>
>>2790792
I don't have a need for flash. Flash would just bother the people and might make thing look unnatural. I was thinking of just going with fast primes to get that extra stop of light but i don't want to be constantly swapping lenses.
>>
File: _DSF6576.jpg (274 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
_DSF6576.jpg
274 KB, 1000x667
>>2790767
I have shot a few events with my xt-1. I found that my 50-140 was very useful, as well as my 23mm. I have found myself wishing for a 56 f/1.2. I did not feel that my kit zoom was fast enough, so if you are stuck on a zoom, I would suggest the 16 - 55 F 2.8.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeFUJIFILM
Camera ModelX-T1
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.4 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.4
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)35 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution200 dpi
Vertical Resolution200 dpi
Image Created2016:02:16 23:25:06
Exposure Time1/100 sec
F-Numberf/1.4
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating1600
Lens Aperturef/1.4
Brightness-1/4 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceTungsten
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length23.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
>>2790796
The 2.8 sounds like a good option for video work. I'm bringing along a 35mm F2 and the 56 f1.2 for portraits. Thanks for the the suggestion.
>>
>>2790849
video work? With an X-T1? Are you sure...?
>>
>>2790860
>Fuji XT1
Mostly photographic, video if they ask. Either way i need a lens with a wide aperture for low light.
>>
>>2790795
>Flash would just bother the people
Their problem, not yours
>might make thing look unnatural
Git gud. Off camera, softbox, bounce, gel.
>I was thinking of just going with fast primes to get that extra stop of light
56 1.2 a gud
>but i don't want to be constantly swapping lenses
Rent a second body. The best way to shoot any event is either one body one zoom, or two bodies that cover your options. Besides, I thought mirrorless fags were all about muh lightweight systems letting me carry more.
>video
You'll want an OIS lens for that.

Rent a XE2 to go with a the 56, put the 56 on the XT1, bring a manual flash. Bam, done. I'd be happy with that kind of setup.
>>
if you have to ask, i question if you should be solo shooting events... anyways, just get a 28-105. or 35-150, something like that. if you are a good photographer you can make almost any lens work. 80-150 is a great range for portraits and wider for angles for trying to fit everything in without worrying about artistic style.
>>
File: _DSF6705.jpg (262 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
_DSF6705.jpg
262 KB, 1000x667
>>2790932
>if you have to ask, i question if you should be solo shooting events...
Most events aren't that important, and the photos from them are usually just used for records and "memories of last year!!!" slide shows. He'll do just fin.

Those super zooms are going to give him trouble in the dark. Even with an f/1.4 lens, I'm usually up around ISO 3200 at these things. No guarantee his location will be as dark as I'm used to, but I wouldn't be able to deliver if I were stuck at f/5.6.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeFUJIFILM
Camera ModelX-T1
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.4 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.4
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)35 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution200 dpi
Vertical Resolution200 dpi
Image Created2016:02:16 23:27:29
Exposure Time1/60 sec
F-Numberf/1.4
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating800
Lens Aperturef/1.4
Brightness-0.7 EV
Exposure Bias-0.7 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceTungsten
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length23.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
>>2790938
...Except this one, where I was apparently at ISO 800. So...
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.