[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I now regret selling my Leica lenses
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: autofocus.jpg (19 KB, 338x521) Image search: [Google]
autofocus.jpg
19 KB, 338x521
I now regret selling my Leica lenses
>>
>>2777703
oh shit its actually on sale now?

also the video said it would work with any manual lens just get an x->lecia adapter
>>
>>2777703
TGFW sony makes a better leica than any of the leicas today.
>>
>>2777705

Yeah, basically anything that has a Leica adapter for it like old Canon and Nikon lenses.

>>2777718

It's not really Sony's doing, rather the hacking community.
>>
>lenses have a perfectly good focusing scale
>uses molasses speed AF instead
>on an adapter

Sasuga /p/ee
>>
>>2777752
>zone focusing
>muh street
when will the meme end?
>>
Pentax did this before.
Tair 300 photosniper with AF mm...
>>
>>2777703
Why did you sell them in the first place? For the price of that adapter you can buy a lens.
>>
>>2777783
Or the chemotherapy for the cancer the Leica "glow" causes.
Who the fuck came up with the idea to have the front element made from thorium glass?
Even Takumars have the radioactive elements covered most of the time, either by the rear cap or by the camera itself.
>>
>>2777792
Leica glow is not the result of radioactivity. Also how is a radioactive takumar any different from a leica? They both have rear caps and cameras in the way.
>>
>>2777807
Leica spreads radioactivity from the front element. You can cover it but then you can't take photos.
Don't go with your old Leica glass near government buildings, they might ask you to cover it after they shot you dead multiple times.
>>
>>2777809
So do takumars.
>>
>>2777809
you're an idiot for not checking
http://camerapedia.wikia.com/wiki/Radioactive_lenses#Radiation_Levels

at that rate if you sleep with the lens near your face it would take you tens of years to become an x man
>>
>>2777812
From the rear element, spreading back into the mirror box, blocked by the mirror, shutter and the camera itself.
>>
>>2777815
They are also radioactive from the front.
>>
>>2777816
nah

>>2777814
They can still detect it and ask with bullets.
>>
>>2777817
yah
>>
>>2777783
>Why did you sell them in the first place? For the price of that adapter you can buy a lens.

I sold them years ago to switch away from Leica M.
>>
>>2777847
You did right, brother.
>>
>>2777782
So did Contax on the AX.
However, this is the first time we're getting this shit without serious drawbacks - Pentax's version was a teleconverter and Contax's version had very limited travel.
>>
>>2777782
Let's ignore the 1.3x and the IQ degradation just because...
>>
>>2777908
1.7x actually.
>>
File: 1456073200697.png (27 KB, 352x482) Image search: [Google]
1456073200697.png
27 KB, 352x482
>using a crippled autofocus system
>>
>>2777776
Damn homie...so close
>>
>>2777814
>it would take you tens of years to become an x man
>tfw sleep in the same room as my Leica
>tfw I have mutated cells
It could happen to you.
>>
>>2777982

It's worth it.
>>
>>2777982
> crippled
> it still works with AF-C
Pick one
>>
>>2777982
you have the choice of using AF as opposed to none before.
>>
File: Average Rangefinder focus.jpg (962 KB, 1106x738) Image search: [Google]
Average Rangefinder focus.jpg
962 KB, 1106x738
>>2778783
SEARCHING...
SEARCHING...
SEARCHING...
SEARCHING...

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeSEIKO EPSON CORP.
Camera ModelEPSON scanner
Camera SoftwareEPSON Scan
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution800 dpi
Vertical Resolution800 dpi
Image Created2015-11-04T16:10:09
>>
>>2777792
Thorium is not a danger to you, the reason it was phased out is because of the danger the ground dust presented to workers producing and working with these lenses in the factory, not to the consumer.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
If a post contains illegal content, please click on its [Report] button and follow the instructions.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need information for a Poster - you need to contact them.
This website shows only archived content and is not affiliated with 4chan in any way.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 1XVgDnu36zCj97gLdeSwHMdiJaBkqhtMK