[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Book Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3
File: images.jpg (21 KB, 994x1080) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
21 KB, 994x1080
The last one died, time for another one
Post the last books you bought, discuss about books, ask questions about books, all of that can be done here

Pic related is one of the last books I bought, apparently it was a good move, they are starting getting rare.
Also bought Alexey Titarenko's last book, The City is a Novel
>>
>>2775411
Starting to get*
woops
>>
>>2775416
Yup, that's the reason of the name I guessed too after reading the short autobiography he wrote for the book
He's quite the interesting guy, and I discovered lots of pictures in the book that I had never seen before
There are some really amazing pictures in it, also you can see a bit better how great he is in the darkroom, he sometimes colours some very small bits of the images, that you may not even catch right away, but as soon as you start really looking you can see the yellow sepia of the light coming out of a window, or the colours on the united states flag
Great read, great book, I recommend it while it's still being printed and affordable
>>
File: 511u1ATUyxL.jpg (41 KB, 428x500) Image search: [Google]
511u1ATUyxL.jpg
41 KB, 428x500
>>2775421
Looks interesting, I like the thematic and the pictures of some of those guys, I'll take a look at it !

I also got this one, it's really amazing, I love the pictures in it, how Kenna takes the time out of his pictures, the great composition and sometimes minimalist aspect, it's really great, even his early 35mm work is really inspiring
>>
>American Grotesque: The Life and Art of William Mortensen

A look at the work and methods of a photographer that Ansel Adams literally called the "anti-Christ." The actual photos are pretty mixed imo, but worth a read, some interesting historical context and commentary.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.