[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the most capable film SLR? I say it is the Minolta Maxxum 7
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: 4173724906_4b4fb39ea4.jpg (130 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
4173724906_4b4fb39ea4.jpg
130 KB, 500x500
What is the most capable film SLR? I say it is the Minolta Maxxum 7
>>
File: konstruktor_stickers_new_6.jpg (111 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
konstruktor_stickers_new_6.jpg
111 KB, 1500x1000
>>
>>2770048
EOS 1V always and forever.
>>
>>2770048
The late stage Canon or Leica film SLRs. The R series looks goofy as all fuck but they're quite a serious piece of kit. And, as far as I know, one of the only film SLRs with an optional digital back
>>
>>2770048
that minoltas crazy but realistically it would be a late model high end EF mount canon

especially considering the amount of rental lenses for the system
>>
>>2770130
It makes sense. The high end EOS film line is what fired Canon to the place they're at right now, and in a lot of ways, they're still riding that wave as their innovation has cooled considerably.
>>
>>2770064
If you spray paint that puppy gold it is limited edition.

>>2770075
I mean yes that is a crazy impressive camera and takes those EF lenses but the Maxxum takes the A mount lenses we still use as well. Technically it is less feature rich. What makes it more "capable" in your opinion? The build? something else?
>>
>>2770150
The viewfinder, the autofocus performance, the burst, the flash sync speed, the lenses, the build quality.

The 1V is the top of the pile in terms of sheer power and possibility in a film camera. Others had more soul, or more "fun" but in terms of pure capability, the 1V is it.
>>
Probably the F6, since it's essentially the most modern film SLR ever made, and integrates a lot of DSLR (D2-series) tech. It has the most convenient interface of any electronic SLR, too, and a lot of other nice features like illuminated focus points and the like.
>>
>>2770162
https://www.google.com/shopping/product/12839622634599888885/specs
https://www.google.com/shopping/product/5378608831558814849/specs

Obviously doesn't speak to the AF performance but they are very close on paper. Of course that doesn't always translate into good to work with but to me I'm most interested in the sheer technical spectacle here.
>>
>>2770173
I didn't know that logged to a CF card. That's quite funny in a way. NEAT
>>
>>2770173
Eh, I'd F5 before F6. Yeah, the 6 has better electronics, but the F5 was mostly there and built like a fucking tank.

That said, I far prefer the 1V, but that's more personal choice than anything objective.

That said, any of the SLRs from the very end were pretty awesome. I mean hell, the Elan 7ne had fucking eye-tracking focus that worked! (it focused on what you looked at in the viewfinder).

Really and truly, in the vast majority of cases with film, body truly did not matter. It was just a light tight box for your lenses to hang on.
>>
>>2770207
I'd take the F5 or the 1V too, but I think the F6 still wins in terms of being the most capable film SLR ever, although I guess it depends on what you're shooting. (The 1V is crazy high FPS and the F5 comes close, which might make them the 35mm sports camera of choice, although the metering and AF of the F6 might put it back ahead.)

I'd cream myself a bit if Nikon decided to come out with an F7 and based it on D4/D5 tech.
>>
File: 5489264639_5ccd2123d7_b.jpg (163 KB, 800x550) Image search: [Google]
5489264639_5ccd2123d7_b.jpg
163 KB, 800x550
As far as sheer sexiness goes, Pentax MZ-S by far.
>>
File: PentaxZ1_FA31_2.jpg (49 KB, 800x638) Image search: [Google]
PentaxZ1_FA31_2.jpg
49 KB, 800x638
>>2770262
yes, it's a beauty

from functionality i'd say pz-1/z-1, pz-1p/z-1p
>hyper-program-automatic (one dial aperture, one dial shutterspeed)
>1/250 flash sync
>1/8000 shutter
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.