[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hasselblad 500C
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: hasselblad500c.jpg (39 KB, 626x582) Image search: [Google]
hasselblad500c.jpg
39 KB, 626x582
I've decided on getting a Hasselblad 500C.

Can anyone that has used one comment on them?

Also, could anyone recommend a reputed place for buying older cameras? Looking for excellent cosmetic and functional condition.

I'm having issues with most I find being worn or having superficial corrosion.
>>
>>2767795
Do they have camera shops where you live?
>>
>>2767795
keh.

Hundreds of reviews over 40 years.
>>
>>2767804
They're all pretty poor in selection.

Living in Alabama gets you sometimes.
>>
>>2767795
If you want absolutely no doubts, keh
>>
Speaking of KEH, does anybody have any experience with their BGN glass?

I just got my first Hassy, a 501C, and the only lens it came with was a 4/120. I'd like something wider and I'm not on a huge budget, and I notice some 50mm and 60mm lenses for pretty reasonable prices in BGN condition. They claim that they shouldn't have anything that would affect image quality or shooting, but how true is that?
>>
>>2767834
KEH literally lives and dies by its reputation. If they say that it'll work, it'll work or they'll take care of it in some manner.

If you have any questions about specific pieces of gear, you can email them directly and ask them questions about those pieces (like why specifically the x lens at price y was rated as it was). Might take a couple of business days for them to get back to you, but they will.
>>
>>2766194
>>
>>2767848
Thanks everyone, much appreciated.

Anyway, KEH actually seems pretty fantastic.

They have a body in "excellent plus" condition at a reasonable price. I'll ask since I've never dealt with them, what does that rating actually translate to?
>>
>>2767834
What they call BGN, Craigslist/Ebay calls Like New. It might have minor cosmetic wear that in all likelihood you would have added to the lens during the course of its use.
>>
>>2767857
google is your friend

http://www.kehblog.com/2010/05/our-grading-and-checking-system.html
>>
>>2767860
Saw that, I just like to have customer perspectives in addition to the claims of the business itself.
>>
>>2767865
I've gotten many BGN items that look brand new to me. They are super conservative. Unless they specifically tell you something is going to affect usage, it wont'.
>>
>>2767795
why are you set on a 6x6 slr? unless you plan on shooting in a studio with multiple lenses/backs and flashes, a tlr or a 6x4.5 slr is a better and cheaper option
>>
>>2768103
I'll use digital for anything pragmatic.

Just getting it for fun.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.