[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Video Editing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: easy-video-editing-software.jpg (68 KB, 682x512) Image search: [Google]
easy-video-editing-software.jpg
68 KB, 682x512
Hey guys,
i have to cut/edit a small movie for my university and they told me to use the program AVID. But I dont like it and I wanna use Premiere instead. Can anybody tell me if you can see, if you only have the final cutted movie, which program has been used to do this?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon PowerShot S3 IS
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.7
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Firmware VersionEG
Owner Nameon 1.00
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution180 dpi
Vertical Resolution180 dpi
Image Created2009:04:09 15:52:35
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Exposure Time1/60 sec
F-Numberf/2.7
Lens Aperturef/2.7
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Auto, Red-Eye Reduce
Focal Length6.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width2272
Image Height1704
Image Number107-0036
>>
>>2764288

Just use AVID faggot, learn something new
>>
>>2764288
Avid is the professional standard. Premiere is a piece of shit.

Stop being a fucking amateur asshole.
>>
>>2764288
I usually use AE but it's garbage.
>>
>>2764288
go for final cut pro
>>
>>2764288

Definitely just use this as an opportunity to learn Avid, it's the industry standard.

You're being a whiny little faggot.
>>
>>2764288

Just use what they told you to. You're not genuinely retarded enough to be unable to figure it out, are you?
>>
>>2764288
to answer your question: in principal there is no way to see the editing software in the end product. of course only if you are not stupid and use for example effects (for fades e.g.) which are abolutely typical for a specific software. also double check that there is no meta-data in the final file, which could reveal the editing software.

different from all the other sheeps here, I support your denial of working with something you don't want to. people saying that "hurr durr muh industry standard" bullshiting brain-vomit, are the reason that everything looks just the same and there is no originality in the "muh industry". these are the cancer of the world. they shall penetrate they brain holes with their shit-covered avid obsession.

said that, it is still true that you might learn something when following the task. i would try it and switch to a different software once <you know the reason> for it.
>>
>>2765435
>different from all the other sheeps here, I support your denial of working with something you don't want to. people saying that "hurr durr muh industry standard" bullshiting brain-vomit, are the reason that everything looks just the same and there is no originality in the "muh industry". these are the cancer of the world. they shall penetrate they brain holes with their shit-covered avid obsession.
>RESIST USING SABLE BRUSHES THEY MAKE ALL PAINTINGS LOOK THE SAME
>CHARCOAL IS LIMITING ART
>TOOLS ARE THE EXPRESSION
>TOOLS ARE THE IDEA

While there is some truth to the idea that if your only tool is a hammer the world looks like a nail, that's only true of tools with limited functionality. The various pro level editing suites do not really offer anything functionwise that any of the others do not. The differences are in implementation optimization and workflow. This does not affect the creative process, does not limit the creative process in the way.
>>
>>2764288
Just print it onto film and edit with a Steenbeck like a real man.
>>
>>2765464
gosh you moron. the point that 'everything looks the same' was not related to the claim, that the SOFTWARE would produce the same look. it's about the general attitude to assimilate. in tech, look, aim, talk, idea and even thought.

how idiotic to think somebody would think that e.g. avid would look different than premiere in the result.

i mean people here are stupid, yes. but THAT stupid .. c'mon.
>>
What are the main differences between Avid and Premiere? I'm in my second semester of film school and even the most experienced dudes from my class use Premiere. Genuinely asking.

This is coming from someone who has a diploma in Premiere and has always advocated it.
>>
>>2764295
Premiere has actually gained a lot of pro market share recently, largely thanks to editors that are pissed with the direction Apple has taken FCP.

But yeah, AVID is definitely an industry standard and an editor should know how to use it.
>>
>>2769719

premiere is intuitive, but with annoying glitches. avid is the opposite of that.
>>
I hate video editing (so I don't do that) because I don't have feeling for rhythm but if I need tool for cutting I use Nuke Studio/Premiere pro.

I advise to listen to this guy about software (besides reading his books and listening to his interviews)
https://vimeo.com/142198470

In short - big no no to final cut. Yes to Avid, Premiere.
>>
Hey, hijacking the thread to ask a question. Friend has a Mac workstation, Mac Pro 2013, and we're wondering if a 5K monitor needs two Corning Thunderbolt-Optical Cable. We know it would need to optical display cables otherwise, we're just curious if one of these would do it.
>>
>>2767310
You're the fucking idiot that disagreed with everyone else in the thread and then fucking told the OP to do the same fucking thing that everyone else in the thread told him to do.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.