[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You guys are going to laugh at me for this. I pay monthly for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
File: 01-4-rootmass.jpg (38 KB, 383x285) Image search: [Google]
01-4-rootmass.jpg
38 KB, 383x285
You guys are going to laugh at me for this.

I pay monthly for creative cloud suite and I have been using windows photoviewer to go through my pictures. I want an easier way to view my photos more efficiently.

What software do you guys use?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareACD Systems Digital Imaging
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72
Vertical Resolution72
Image Created2009:04:20 01:32:31
Image Width383
Image Height285
>>
>>2761324

I'd say that there isn't really anything wrong with adobe CC, I use it at work but that's mostly because there's 20+ people who need to use it jumping in and out of different projects, and the adobe products are the only thing that *everyone* is familiar with.

Photo viewer is more a matter of preference than anything else.
>>
Infranview my nigga
>>
>>2761324
Why not lightroom?
>>
>>2761342
Thank you friend.

>>2761328
>>2761344
Will try thank you Anons.
>>
>>2761342
Irfanview a shit

Faststone a best, just remember to rebind the controls.
>>
Apple Preview, why would you download any other stuff if Preview works perfectly and you only have to press the space bar?
>>
>>2761369
not everyone has a mac you gigantic applefag
>>
Digikam masterrace reporting in
>>
File: 634535006557978058_icon.png (55 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
634535006557978058_icon.png
55 KB, 256x256
>>2761342
This.
Install the addons and use thumbnail viewer (t button)
>>
>>2761344
Seconding LR, this is basically exactly what it's made for. LR lets you organize and view images, do basic processing, and send them to Photoshop or other external programs for serious editing with minimal fuss.
>>
>>2761342
irfanview the best. setup photoshop as the external editor, Options>Properties/Settings>Miscellaneous> browse to the photoshop exe. now you can hit shift + 1, and images will pop into photoshop.
>>
File: 1435565926126.jpg (26 KB, 324x291) Image search: [Google]
1435565926126.jpg
26 KB, 324x291
>>2761324
>he actually pays for CC
>>
>>2761324
Creative Clod doesn't include Bridge?
>>
>>2761324
It's abandonware now, but for scrolling through large images Impression Eyes is by far the fastest image viewer. Very minimal feature set though. Look for a torrent and try it out.
>>
>>2761688

It does. And I'm curious as to why OP doesn't use it also.
>>
>>2761680
It's $10 a month, poor fag.
>>
>>2762385
For how many months?
>>
>>2761690
If you want something really fast, Photo Mechanic is also really great. I prefer Lightroom for most stuff, though, because it has basic editing built in, but when I used to shoot sports and had deadlines, PM was incredible.
>>
>>2762409
He won't respond, cause murricans can't wrap their heads around how shit perpetual payments are. It's kinda why most of them are in debt: they're paying so much shit monthly then can't figure out why they're broke all the time.
>>
>>2762409
>>2762523
Photoshop is made for professionals. Making $10 per month as a professional photographer is very nearly nothing.

Do you not pay rent? Do you not pay for electricity? Do you not pay for a cell phone plan?

With CC, you get all the updates, right away. Without it, you have to keep paying for upgrades. If you don't want the upgrade, get CS5 and shut up about it.
>>
>>2762409
For as long as you want to pay it? Until you cancel it? You can also pay yearly I think to save some money.

I just pay $10 a month for Photoshop and Lightroom.

It's cheaper than a WoW subscription.
>>
>>2762523

$10 a month is a fraction of what I might spend on booze and junk food in a week. It's not as big a deal as some people make it out to be.
>>
>>2762524
>>2762528
>>2762606
>This is what the 99% actually believes
>>
>>2762609

No, I literally spend way the hell more than that on whiskey alone. A single bottle of decent stuff is around $20 here. Do I need to show a fucking receipt or something?
>>
>>2762528
>It's cheaper than a WoW subscription
People actually pay to play those stupid fucking games?

>>2762667
That's half a bottle of booze you're tossing out the window every month
>>
>>2762680
You're acting like the alternative is free. If you don't want to be a teenaged faggot stealing something, then you either pay $10 a month, or a lot more all up front, and then re-buy the upgrades.
>>
>>2762680

I have to use the stuff for an actual business, I'm not about to pirate something for that. The subscription isn't even half a percent of the income generated, it's negligible.
>>
>>2762681
But it is free, anon. The only requirement is intelligence. Not my fault you're too dumb to pirate.
>>
>>2762909
I'm not too stupid to pirate. I used to pirate. And then I turned 19 and realized that I don't live in a vacuum and stealing whatever I want because I can is a really shitty way to live, for everyone else.
>>
>>2762912
What are you, some sort of communist? Who gives a fuck about everyone else?

But that's not the point. I refuse to pay for CC out of principle -- perpetual payments for software are a very very bad thing. Just go ask /g/.
>>
>>2762918
>perpetual payments for software are a very very bad thing.
Why
>>
File: durr.png (33 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
durr.png
33 KB, 400x400
>>2762918
>Just go ask /g/.
>just go ask 4chan
>>
>>2762523
I agree with you completely.

>>2762681
I got photoshop and Lr CC (actually just CS6) for free. If there is a new update, there's a torrent for it. As for games, every game in my steam account was for free. Including the Valve ones like HL and portal, CS serious etc. legally obtained.
> teenaged faggot stealing something
its not stealing, it's sharing :^) better than paying especially if you're just a hobbyist
>>
>>2762926

It's really only bad if you plan on using a single version of something for eternity. The subscription structure isn't that big a deal for certain businesses, which seems to be what adobe is going after anyway.
>>
>>2763112
Didn't MS publish a statistic that something like 60% of all Windows installs are pirated, and they don't give a fuck (read: don't implement stricter safeguards) cause enterprise is the only market they actually care about?

Literally everyone smart enough to pirate pirates everything they can. Simply because it's actual retardation that'd make you pay for something when you can get it free. There's just no reason.
>>
>>2763329

I recall it being something like that in *china*, and with non-business users.
>>
>>2763353
China is 90%. Worldwide is 57%.

https://www.quora.com/What-percentage-of-people-are-using-genuine-Windows-Operating-System-Why-does-Microsoft-doesnt-take-legal-action-though-it-identifies-illegal-copies-running-on-various-systems
>>
>>2762524
>he thinks paying for updates is okay
I bet you "upgraded" to Windows 10 too you cuck. It'll be subscription based soon, for "updates".

If you're an appul user you're probably already dumb enough to keep paying for software forever.
>>
>>2763358

Interesting, but not surprising.

Larger businesses with clients like government entities have a much harder time getting away with piracy, especially since they actually get pretty thoroughly audited every so often.
>>
>>2761324

You already have two: Lightroom and Bridge.
>>
>>2766367
This.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.