[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
colorperfect or what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 2016-01-19.jpg (225 KB, 1000x681) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-19.jpg
225 KB, 1000x681
How do you turn your scans from negative raw to usable hi rest print file? First time scanning at home, using vuescan and colorperfect plugin but can't find a key to get rid of that annoying grid in trial version. Any pro tips?
>>
that was a serious question
>>
>>2747408

if you ever get the serial come an share it, m8. make the spam worth it.
>>
ok, I see. So what are the other options, there must be some other way to doing all the work manually, right?
>>
/p/'s best friendo Alex Burke has a good process, check out how he does it:

http://www.alexburkephoto.com/2013/06/02/scanning-and-editing-color-negative-film/

http://www.alexburkephoto.com/2015/03/10/luminosity-masks-and-film-scans/
>>
>>2747522
thank you
>>
Colorperfect and silverfast negafix are the best software to turn negative-to-positive. Photoshop curves are in no way recommended, by the way curves works -- tho it can be corrected, it would require manual profiling of curves for your camera, lens and film type -- which exactly what Silverfast does automatically to fit your scanner. There are work arounds in PS through luminosity masks but I would not recommend it if you want to precise, tho it can get you fine pictures.
>>
One free software alternative is the negfix8 (not silverfast negafix). It is my favorite tool for b/w negatives, very simple and efficient. It also works quite well with Porta and Fuji 160s, if you're negatives are well developed.
>>
>>2747408
>but can't find a key to get rid of that annoying grid in trial version. Any pro tips?
Pro Tip: You get the key when you pay for the software.
>>
Lightroom. Invert the negative, and colour correct with purple/magenta and cold/warmth. thats it
>>
>>2747895
>I literally dont know what the fuck im talking about! Look at me, im making an ass of myself HURRR!

Translated by Bing!
>>
>>2747909
see
>>2747408
>How do you turn your scans from negative raw to usable hi rest print file?

The anon only answered his version of the first question. Technically there's nothing wrong with the post.
>>
>>2747915
>usable hi rest print file
>>
>>2747920
>dimensions of print specified
>scanning "high res" with a flatbed
10/10

I'm not even the autistic DSLR scan-anon.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.