[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Official Youtube Photographers Power Rankings
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 26
File: 5159421836_019f99a20e.jpg (94 KB, 238x500) Image search: [Google]
5159421836_019f99a20e.jpg
94 KB, 238x500
Official Youtube Photographers Power Rankings
1. Matt Granger
2. Snapchick
3. Theoria Apophasis
4. Weekly Imogen
5. Spyros Heniadis
6. PhotoRec Toby
7. Fstoppers
8. Chuck Jines
9. DigitalRevTV
10. Karl Taylor
11. The Art of Photography
12. Tony & Chelsea Northrup
9000. Jason Lanier
9001. Jared Polin
9002. Eric Kim
9003. Channels that only review gear
>>
File: 1421514482889.jpg (38 KB, 362x346) Image search: [Google]
1421514482889.jpg
38 KB, 362x346
>>2737724
>9003. Channels that only review gear
>1. Matt Granger
>>
>>2737738
Have you looked at his channel? He definitely doesn't ONLY do gear reviews.
>>
>>2737738
he also takes photos of naked chicks, man
>>
>>2737738
>tfw Tina will never get her gear out on camera
>>
>>2737724

John Free is at least in the top 15
>>
Just googled Jason Lanier I knew I hated that smug fuck for a reason (didn't know his name). HDR cancer.
>>
>>2737724
>Theoria Apophasis and Tony & Chelsea Northrup
>Not over 9000
Also Imogen is awkward as fuck and her accent drives me nuts. Good lookin though.
Matt is okay at 1st place, just for the humour of it. Spyros needs to be second, has a great way of clearly explaining things. Take some notes, Tony!
Jared is a cunt and doesn't go too far in explaining things but he slips enough information if you know where to look. Rawtalk sucks but his photo critique and processing videos are mostly helpful.
>>
File: 4621857401_cc8484d923.jpg (131 KB, 333x500) Image search: [Google]
4621857401_cc8484d923.jpg
131 KB, 333x500
>>2737821
>Imogen is awkward as fuck
>implying that it is actually a bad thing

>Spyros needs to be second, has a great way of clearly explaining things.

I should have but I do believe Snapchick, Theoria Apophasis (Angry Photog) and Imogen seems like a better photographer than him. I do believe he is a nice guy and if I would pick a teacher among them, he is among my chosen few. He is gay as fuck though.

>Take some notes, Tony!

Tony comes from the "geek" background so he mostly cares about DxOMark and shit that don't matter. He's not as shit as JL and the others though.

>Jared is a cunt and doesn't go too far in explaining things but he slips enough information if you know where to look.

His information is mostly hit or miss and his gear reviews depends on the smell of the gear. But I should have placed him higher than Jason Lanier because being a shill is a bigger cunt than just being a cunt. And he does lift.
>>
Choby & Tailpipe #1
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 483x546) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 483x546
>>2737847
Fucking damnit, anon

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution96 dpi
Vertical Resolution96 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width483
Image Height546
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>2737724

I'd only watch T & C for the awkward. They both look like they hate being on camera.
>>
File: absolutely-disgusting.jpg (74 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
absolutely-disgusting.jpg
74 KB, 720x540
>3. Theoria Apophasis
>12. Tony & Chelsea Northrup
>9000. Jason Lanier
>9001. Jared Polin
>>
>>2737724

Jason Lanier is like embodiment of half the people posting in gear threads.
>>
>>2737724
>No Mike Browne
>>
Also

>No David Hancock
>No Mathieu Gasqet
>No Gordon Laing
>>
>Chuck Jines
>gets confronted at some BLM protest
>tells them they don't want him to pull out his 'something' from his pocket
>can easily be misconstrued as him threatening them by saying he has a gun
>somehow doesn't get fucking shot
>surprised that some strangers he's never met before doesn't know he's obviously referring to his hammer that he always talks about on his youtube channel because literally everyone in the world must watch his youtube channel
I'm surprised his total lack of self awareness hasn't gotten him killed yet
>>
>>2737871
They just hate having to review /p/leb gear to sell copies of their yearly lightroom tutorials, but yeah their on camera presence is not welcoming.
>>
I like Tony and Chelsea. Tony seems like the dad who tries really hard to be cool and hip.
>>
>>2737943
>Tony seems like the dad who tries really hard to be cool and hip.
Instead he comes off as the awkward nerd going into full retard expanations of simple things or going into his gear all silent and head down on camera.
In one of his videos he showed off his film MF camera. Again, head down, silent click-click-click "this is the MF camera"
Not a single peep in the mean time to explain advancing film, cocking mirror and shutter mechanism, mirror up, release, advance, shoot again. I bet some of his audience who never had the chance to use or see one in use, like me, would've liked something said about it instead of the awkward nerdout scene.
That guy doesn't belong in front of a camera.
>>
1. THEORIA APOPHASIS
2. EVERYONE ELSE
>>
>>2737948
SARCASM LEVEL CRITICAL!
ABORT!
ABORT!
>>
>No Jenna Kirkup

shit list desu
>>
>>2737946
I think the first 30-40 seconds of this video perfectly manages to capture his autism and complete lack of self-awareness.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJrjt3q5s1w
>>
>>2737951
She's at 0., best of the best.
She's our eternal Queen.
>>
>Tony and Chelsea
These guys make me feel so uncomfortable, like the kind of neighbours that have never done anything wrong but you just there's something weird about them.
Maybe it's the mechanical way they act and do their videos.
Or the fact that he looks like a beverly hills middle life crisis guy who just got a shot of botox.
He also gives this kind impression of being gay and simply being married so that no one will judge him.
Chelsea is probably part of a cult or something.
>>
File: 1452096880201.jpg (90 KB, 403x604) Image search: [Google]
1452096880201.jpg
90 KB, 403x604
>>2737724
>1. Matt Granger
I dont even.

Once you know how to handle a camera Art of Photography's where it's at.
>>
>>2738068
Or they might be aliens trying to mimick human behaviors like in 3rd Rock. I gotta watch that show again.
>>
>>2737955
wow this is actually realy bad.
>>
>>2737946
>>2737943
>>2737939

I like their advice and recommendations, but you know those two have a nice house with a basement full of bodies
>>
>>2737847
what
WHAT
>>
>>2738072
I think it's ranked by most curvy hips.
>>
>>2738072
>Art of Photography
>My name is Ted Forbes and in this video I'm going to say absolutely nothing for 15 minutes

Guy is one of the best wafflers on YouTube
>>
From pure knowledge aspects
TC
Matt
DRev
Polin
>>
>>2738170

>My name is Ted Forbes and in this video I'm going to spray spaghetti for 15 minutes

ftfy
>>
>>2738186
Don't forget his huge varied portfolio: http://focus.nu

A single snapshit of some nuns at a table
>>
>>2738072
>The Art of Photography

Once you get past its name and the high production value you'll notice that he's just babbling and what he's talking about is getting far from the title of the video.
>>
matt day and christopher frost are pretty good, dont think theyre very big though

also think jared polin is pretty underrrated, videos are pretty decent despite the fact that hes annoying, gets to the point pretty quick
>>
>>2738636
Matt Day is my favorite. Really nice guy and I think the stuff he talks about is actually interesting and of value. Not for everyone probably.

I genuinely like DigitalRev. BigheadTaco has some good stuff and I like the guy, he tends to ramble and get confused with his words though. I'm sure he'll get better with experience.

Eric Kim is Eric Kim but man, I really, really liked his Daniel Arnold interview.
>>
>>2738663

All of Kim's interviews are so cringy. Kudos to him for somehow making a living doing mediocre photography stuff. A blog, bad workshops, no portfolio, and cringy interviews. How he does it, I have no idea o.O
>>
Matt Day and John Free need to be 1 and 2. They both have excellent videos that you either learn a lot from or that inspires you to go out and shoot.

DRev goes 3rd for comedy/bullshittery/kinda informative reasons.
>>
>>2737843
>apophasis
>better photog than anyone
how on earth would you know?
>>
>>2738813
relatability and the comfort of mediocrity amongst ... people like that
>>
File: l1048754974.jpg (240 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
l1048754974.jpg
240 KB, 1280x853
I used to watch FroKnowsPhoto, first photo guy i subscribed to, since it pops up everywhere and is hard to miss. Liked the content and the long RAWtalk format is right up my alley, but couldn't get over the presentation, guy is super obnoxious, so i eventually unsubscribed. And moved to DigitalREV TV! Shit was crazy fun, older videos are less informative, but great fun. Famous photographers with shitty cameras is a good entry point for people, instantly gripping. Then Alambi disappeared, Kai went somewhere else, shit fell apart and now they are making... i don't even know what the fuck that is. Moved to Tony and Chelsea! Mostly for T&C live, since they are less robotic and the long podcast-type format is my jam. Oh, and Imogen too, but not sure why i watch. Probably for the tits. :(

Subscribed to Snapchick, TA and Spyros from this list, will see how they are, thanks guys!

Couple (or the only two in existence) Russian channels, for your consideration.
1) Oleg Zotov Photoschool: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TueCra_QH9I
No Eng sub/audio yet, but probably soon. Guy is Russian fashion photographer, apparently for Vogue and Maxim. Does nice lesson videos, but presentation is even worse that the Fro. Sounds and behaves like a horny 13 year old, awful to listen to. But naked chicks.

2) Ilya Rashap: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr_qvzJwHtQ
Does wacky light setups and tits. Lots of tits. Not a lot of content yet, but right off the bat stated that will try to do English releases.
>>
tony and chelsea should be much higher

jared polin is bad but i feel like i'm the only person who thinks he isn't THAT bad

he's a gigantic shill and he's annoying (I always skip the first 10-15 secs of his vids for obvious reasons) but i dunno. his concert series was cool but i feel like he doesn't even shoot shows anymore. rawtalk is background noise for me and it's nice hearing two people make fun of him for an hour

does anyone fux with adam elmakias? he replaced jared for me for all music stuff just about. plus he seems like a dude i would hang with.

https://www.youtube.com/user/elmakias
>>
>>2738192
This gets me every time
>>
>>2739503
Couldn't really give a fuck about Alamby leaving even though she was 10x better than this generic, bland bitch Rita.. all I want is Uncle Kai back in Hong Kong where he belongs
>>
>>2739529
Rita is cuter and is more open to gags and humour.
>>
>>2739719
i'd gag her too t b h
>>
>>2737724
1. TERRY FUCKING WHITE
>>
>>2739503
Would Photigy/Alex Koloskov count as a Russian channel, too? Or just a Russian guy who does photogrpahy videos?
>>
>>2738170
i love listening to him talking anyway, his voice is so soft and beautiful

no homo
>>
>My name is Alamby Leung, a twenty-odd years old Photographer, Traveler, and Musician.

>What advice can you give someone wanting to start their own video review channel?
>If you don’t think you can be as clever and witty as Kai, or talk like Jared Polin from "Fro Knows Photos" (he’s got over 1500 videos uploaded!?), or have bizarre photo shoot ideas like Ben Von Wong’s, perhaps don’t do it.
https://fstoppers.com/originals/fstoppers-interviews-alamby-leung-digitalrev-tv-51068

wut...
wut
>>
>>2739503
>>2739511
I'll be honest senpai, The Camera Store TV has much more professional, concise content when it comes to reviews, and Chris actually takes more than the poorly composed, pedestrian snapshits that Kai always takes. If I wanted to hear a Jeremy Clarkson knockoff who can't pronounce "th" sounds whilst masking his inability to review cameras by making shit jokes, I'd just watch a camera unboxing with the audio of a Top Gear episode running in the background.

Tony and Chelsea at least sort of have a focus with the reviews they do post, but they're very awkward and Tony is a master autist. They're much better photographers than almost anyone on Youtube, too.

Other than muh RAW and muh fro, Jared is just sort of boring and uninformative for a lot of videos. T&C and The Camera Store do his job a lot better for most purposes.

Also, suprised no one has actually mentioned The Camera Store like, why senpai baka.
>>
>>2740843
>suprised no one has actually mentioned The Camera Store
They are on another level bro, no need to mention them when we are discussing the rabble.
>>
>>2739529
this, pls kai get your ass back to chingchongland
>>
>>2740246
well, she has a point. You don't have to be the best to have a successful channel. You just need "entertaining content" for the masses
>>
>>2740843
>Also, suprised no one has actually mentioned The Camera Store like, why senpai baka.

Yeah they're probably the best at reviewing gear, entertaining enough and informative without being too autist

>>2737724
>weeklyimogen
Is it weird that I find her friend Emma hotter and easier to listen to? half the content aren't even photography videos either
>>
>Matt granger
Matt granger is pretty sweet. Like his channel. We are both australian so maybe thats why hes my fav.

>Imogen
I honestly dont like Imogen, her channel seemed really amateur but i think i just didnt like her photos. I havent watched her in a while.

>Northrup
Tony and Chelsea Northrup channels are nice. They are both really good speakers and have great production quality. Although kinda boring to keep watching their vids.

>DigitalRevTV
DigitalRevTV is pretty good to and funny, can watch a lot of their vids in a row.

>FROKNOESPHOTO!!!11!11!!!!111!!!
Jared Polins ok never really liked his vids that much but he still provides some useful information.
>>
>>2740934
>Is it weird that I find her friend Emma hotter and easier to listen to? half the content aren't even photography videos either

No, her voice is less cunty. Still the same bullshit though: Talk about cameras, wear low cut tops and overuse hand gestures to make tits jiggle. Such a shit channel but it works because lonely faggots follow them.
>>
I've never heard of this Imogen girl before. i ended up looking her up first video i see is how to use cleavage for photography.
>>
I love The Art of Photography. Fuck it, it's cozy.

Matt Granger is cool. I'm not even really gear-minded but the way he talks about some gear just sits right with me. Feels like a proper evaluation.

The Northrups are pretty alright as well.

DigitalRev is pretty entertaining to me, very easy to sit down and watch a bunch in a row.

Jared Polin isn't terrible, you just have to listen to him with a very high shit filter. Listening to him talk about the evils of cropping is hard as hell but you just gotta get over it. Like panning for gold, you have to sift though a lot of dirt.

I do not understand the appeal of that Imogen chick at all. Yeah she looks good but the few videos I've seen by her seemed incredibly skippable. And judging by her YouTube comments seems like she has a lot of permanent bachelor fans. I'm not saying she's bad, I just haven't seen the spark.

It's none of MY business but I wish the Snapchick would decide if she wants to be cute and ditzy or straight-up.

Eric Kim has a FEW good photos circling out there but he's mediocre and talks like he wants you to be too.
>>
>>2737820
Googled him too, it's not just HDR, looking through his landscapes he has no idea how to edit photos. 2-3 of those shots are actually decent HDR, but some have huge halos and some have crushed black shadows. I pretty sure he just plays around with the sliders.
>>
>>2744849
Is Impogen even a considered photographer? I always assumed she was primarily a model who just picked up very basic information about photography on the side.
>>
>>2737724
TheCameraStoreTV

It's gear reviews that are unbiased, and the photos they shoot are actual decent samples, in a lot of episodes they actually get other professions with them. They're like digital rev in almost every way except they're also informative and there's no BS.
>>
The only channel that I have really learn anything from is B&H.
Also, Capture with Mark Seliger.
John Free is not bad too.
Eric Kim while being a faglord, does interview some well known photographers.

Digital Rev is entertaining.
Mike Browne is great for beginners.
The StreetHunters channel does decent street photography videos.

But the rest I don't even bother with.
Especially Gerald Poland and Squatz 'n Oats Granger.
>>
DPReview is getting better.
>>
What's the closest thing to Digital Rev? I like Kai's autistic sense of humor. It might not be the most informative channel, but I find it the most entertaining.
>>
>>2745936
A kindergarten
>>
>>2745936
Bokeh
>>
>>2737724
Your list blows

>1. Matt Granger
Only takes pictures of nude chicks and reviews gear. Has way too much shit for what he needs. Also, terrible photographer.

>2. Snapchick
Only has a youtube following because she's somewhat attractive for her age. Photos suck.

>3. Theoria Apophasis
Good. Kind of whiney, but good reviewer of gear. He knows what he's talking about. Bad photos, though.

>4. Weekly Imogen
This is a model, not a photographer. You only pay attention because she's hot and has a hot accent.

>5. Spyros Heniadis
This guy has good guides. Haven't seen any of his photos, though, which makes me think they suck.

>6. PhotoRec Toby
Videos and guides seem fine. Photos are technically very good, but really have no value.

>7. Fstoppers
Good photos, but they over edit. Their best videos is when they interview real photographers (see their coverage of Sports Illustrated).

>8. Chuck Jines
Guides are super authentic. The guy seems very approachable because of how rachet he is. He also takes very good photos AND is doing things with those photos (see: Heroin book coming out sometime soon).
>>
>>2746403

>9. DigitalRevTV
Gear reviews are good. Photos are bad. Oh look a lady in Hong Kong pushing a cart. Whoa.

>10. Karl Taylor
Cool accent. Guides seem good for studio work or on location work with like 10 assistants and shit tons of gear. Not my bag, but I guess to each their own. Photos are very good for the style he uses.

>11. The Art of Photography
Bleh. No focus in his videos, it seems. His Instagram has some nice photos of coffee and stuff?

Videos seem decent. Photos seem decent. Not a bad choice.

>9000. Jason Lanier
Fedora. Do I have to say anything else. See my review of Matt Granger above.

>9001. Jared Polin
FRO KNOWS how to be annoying as s hit. Better sniff test. Polin should be lower on your list. Has some decent photos, though. Not enough to restore confidence from how annoying he is.

>9002. Eric Kim
Not as annoying as Fro, but photos suck just as hard. Would rather listen to him talk about shit he knows nothing about than Fro
>>
File: tumblr_inline_my8gtr1jS41r8ebmt.gif (962 KB, 245x200) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_my8gtr1jS41r8ebmt.gif
962 KB, 245x200
>1. Matt Granger
>>
File: imgres.jpg (5 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
5 KB, 259x194
>>2737948

Others might be good, but this guy is (typically) no BS, and informational. It seems that everyone has an agenda to push and product to sell—

You're f'ing photographers, not PewdiePie—

TA at least gives you DIY solutions, empirical/objective insight, and won't gear whore you into massive debt.
>>
>no phlearn
I mean I know they're mostly photoshop (at least on youtube) now, but their old videos should still count for something.
>>
Why haven't Ken "Saturation" Rockwell made any YouTube videos?
>>
File: image.jpg (97 KB, 680x443) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97 KB, 680x443
You're pretty much dead if this isn't your team as well.

Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Image Width680
Image Height443
>>
File: wut.png (49 KB, 135x164) Image search: [Google]
wut.png
49 KB, 135x164
>>2746499
>Why hasn't Ken Rockwell made a YT channel yet

Because the fanboys of this schmuck would just comment troll every upload to oblivion.

Sorry, not sorry, but when you dedicate an entire RAWtalk episode just to say how "dangerous" Rockwell is for posting and maintaining an info site (that's laced with opinions and subjectivity to be sure) FOR FREE, I can't take a single word you say seriously. Polin is like the Penn Gillette of the youtube-photo world it seems… I'm going to be "smart," but pick and choose from fact bin.
>>
>>2746501
upvoted :)
>>
File: 1433709618925.jpg (2 MB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
1433709618925.jpg
2 MB, 5000x5000
>>2746501
>motherfucking Jenna

TRIGGERED
>>
>>2746501
Just swap Angry Photog with FroKnowsPhoto.
Gotta use dem gains for brawlin'
>>
Chuck Jines can be quite funny:

>Oh, to the folks who said that I'm evil and exploitative for photographing Kermit passed out in the middle of the road, he said to tell you - "Fuck you." Lol. Thought I'd pass that along (Kermit says him and I are "under contract." Lol).
>>
>>2746501
tfw jenna kirkup's search rankings are going up because of autists like us
>>
>>2737724
>no tcstv
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQmKcmC8Kmg
>>
>>2740843
he can't pronounce r.
camewa.
what a fatal flaw.
>>
>>2737724
>9001. Jared Polin
makes me sad
>9. DigitalRevTV
why is his nose so pocked

I like TheCameraStoreTV from Calgary
>>
>>2746501
When she dies, can I have her REALLY EXPENSIVE $300 LENS?
>>
File: CameraStoreTV.jpg (38 KB, 908x511) Image search: [Google]
CameraStoreTV.jpg
38 KB, 908x511
>>2751880
>TheCameraStoreTV

Yeah I would say so since /p/ is full of fags who love gear.

Camera SoftwareGoogle
PhotographerTulio
Image Width908
Image Height511
>>
honestly. i've never watched and of these without thinking they're tasteless morons.

weekly imogen gives me creeped out midsommer murder vibes. + she's just clickbait

grainger looks like he photographs to see girls in bikinis

fro is obnoxious

etc
>>
>>2737724
No Thomas Heaton?
>>
>>2752895
My favourite of them all. No gear reviews, just pure adventuring and photographing.
>>
>>2752895
Why didn't I hear of him before? Subbed right away, definitely the most entertaining channel.
>>
File: Homeless_usa.jpg (26 KB, 300x211) Image search: [Google]
Homeless_usa.jpg
26 KB, 300x211
>>2752928
>>2737724
you are just fucken stupid bitch
>>
File: 1374500401326.gif (2 MB, 450x245) Image search: [Google]
1374500401326.gif
2 MB, 450x245
>>2737724
>Theoria Apophasis (Angry Photographer)

Is he /p/'s version of fit's Scooby?
>old enough to be very knowledgeable on their chosen fields
>have their own professions outside lifting and photography
>have that "uncle" vibe who will help everyone who asks for it
>>
>ctrl+f
>no Damien Lovegrove
>no Michael Zelbel

the fuck are you watching

Equipment MakeFUJIFILM
Camera ModelX-T1
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.1 (Macintosh)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/4.0
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)22 mm
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2015:09:02 12:16:37
Exposure Time1/350 sec
F-Numberf/11.0
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating400
Lens Aperturef/11.0
Brightness8.8 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length14.50 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
File: 1453049405959.png (144 KB, 356x283) Image search: [Google]
1453049405959.png
144 KB, 356x283
Digitalrev when I want a chuckle, john free when I want to feel ~motivated~ and I guess it's a bit of a cop out but the B&H space has one or two good speakers, good for refreshers.

Watch Piana for solid 10/10 economic advice.
>>
1. Benjamin Jarworskyj
>>
File: image.jpg (152 KB, 998x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
152 KB, 998x1600
>>2737821
>Jared is a cunt

You know what? Fuck you.

Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
CommentEdited with Afterlight
Image Width998
Image Height1600
>>
>>2758255
the FRO is RAW
>>
>>2745476
really enjoy their reviews
highly informative and fun
shoots in cool outdoor locations and Calgary's streets are also fine
lots of information on videography and grading stuff
>>
File: Fro_1.jpg (107 KB, 1371x772) Image search: [Google]
Fro_1.jpg
107 KB, 1371x772
Yes! Fro is Raw
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (43 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
43 KB, 1280x720
Jared Polin is the Yoko Ono of photography.
>>
>>2758255
Who are you?
>>
>>2737921
this
>>
File: Mungo-Jerry_9623.jpg (17 KB, 400x408) Image search: [Google]
Mungo-Jerry_9623.jpg
17 KB, 400x408
>>2758341
looks more like Mungo Jerry
>>
Don't you guys notice that all Youtube Photographers suck in photography?
>>
File: 1454420720484.png (620 KB, 725x680) Image search: [Google]
1454420720484.png
620 KB, 725x680
>>2757534

lol are you kidding me? cringe king.
>>
>>2759360
They are not doing it for the photography, they're doing it to sell cameras
>>
>>2759360
Not Thomas Heaton.
>>
>>2737724
>1. Matt Granger
>9. DigitalRevTV
>no Thomas Shahan
>no Mike Brown
>no Thomas Heaton
>>
File: 123213231.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
123213231.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
>Weekly Imogen
>>
File: 4.jpg (32 KB, 650x468) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
32 KB, 650x468
Chelsea Northrup is an attention whore and Tony is a cuck
>>
>>2759601
You know he's the best!
>>
>>2737847
kek
>>
File: GOAT.jpg (201 KB, 800x1202) Image search: [Google]
GOAT.jpg
201 KB, 800x1202
1. Jared

>>
>>2766644

fuck off faggot
>>
>>2766644
I get his whole "I shoot RAW" thing as a fucking branding mechanic, but what the fuck, everybody shoots god damn RAW, or at least RAW + JPG, with the exception of Rockwell... It's a god damn "needless to say" kinda' thing.
>>
>>2766650
Ignore him, it's easy to do
>>
>>2766650
It's a double entendre.
>>
>>2766711
wow you're brilliant. i never even noticed.
>>
>>2737724
>Spyros Heniadis

Holy shit, I took a photography class this guy taught.
>>
>>2739529
>she was 10x better than this generic, bland bitch Rita
Lel, Rita seems like a genuinely nice person, but that insect Lok doesn't allow her to say more than one word per episode.
Actually, I think that Kai and Rita in HK would be the best combo. Plus a few seconds of Lok purely to laugh at his inability to speak English.
>>
>>2756520
>2048px
>fucked up reds, babby's first vsco
>typowy student informatyki
the fuck are you posting
>>
>>2739511
hey guys FFFRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOO KNNOOWWWSSS PHOOTTTOOOO
>>
>>2737724
>4. Weekly Imogen
>alright I'll check it out
>first video Do Mark and I ever FIGHT?

woman content
NOT
EVEN
ONCE
>>
Theoria Apophasis should be #1 because he provides the most important information in the best way about the two most important areas:

1) The philosophy of photography. No one can beat him here. Everyone else just comes up with random nice thoughts that are not thought properly through, but if you listen to several of his videos on this you'll find that he actually has and is constantly developing a consistent framework of ideas that hit the nail on the head in terms of nearly everything about what makes "the good photo". (Not that he is able to TAKE "the good photo" himself, but his thoughts are leagues off anyone else online.)

2) Gear information. He's a massive autist and has loads and loads of experience with gear. He manages to keep a perspective on what gear to get and what not to get that others can't, because they don't have the same autistic insights and experience that he has. Or the same amount of money to get gear.
>>
>>2767533
This. Fucking attention whores can't be taken serious for shit.

Please excuse my language.
>>
>>2737724
Never really watched them, looks like an infomercial but found this gem yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdQortqj9Ig

What I learnt:
>Caves kinda suck
>Aristotle was a sexual deviant
>The Arabs invented the alphabet
>Chelsea knows more about Art History than Tony

God bless wikipedia
>>
>>2767627
if white privilege existed, the northrups would be the poster crackers. also their shill level for their books and shit is almost at /p/ sony shill level
>we wuz kangz and shit of photography
Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.