[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Old Lens New Camera
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: Nikon3100.jpg (166 KB, 1200x842) Image search: [Google]
Nikon3100.jpg
166 KB, 1200x842
What old lens can I use for my NIkon D3100?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
>>
>>2736262
Ask in the gear thread. Disregard the arguing idiots.
>>
>>2736346
Hmm, never though about that, alright I'll do that, but I still want people's suggestion from this broad.
>>
there's this thing called google
>>
>>2736461
yeaaa, did I that, but I wanna know what "you" guys think its best.
>>
Anything that says "G" on it if you want auto focus.

Anything else, except for pre-AI if you don't mind manual focus and some metering issues.
>>
>>2736832
Wrong. The 28-80 3.5-4.5g lens doesn't have an AF motor.

He should be looking for AF-S lenses.
>>
The D3100 does not have an in-house autofocus motor. You have two available scenarios of use:

1) Get Nikon F-mount lenses with integrated autofocus motors. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nikon_F-mount_lenses_with_integrated_autofocus_motor

2) Get any other Nikon F-mount lens and exclusively manual focus with it. The D3100 poses one problem if you do this: the viewfinder is pretty small. If you use S or A modes (but not M) you can compensate by enabling the rangefinder option under Setup. Alternatively, you can get a DG-2 eyepiece magnifier that will magnify the central portion of the image by 200% but cut off the view of the corners as it's round.

Once you have decided whether you're willing to use the limited selection of lenses with internal autofocus motors or use others with autofocus, you'll want to head for the reviews.

I'm personally a poor-as-fuck D3200 user, so I can't help you with that. But the Angry Photographer is a trusty guy, in my opinion. Here's his review of an out-of-production 135mm lens now that you mentioned old ones (it's a manual lens, too): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fn4v4I40Fvo
>>
>>2736262
In short, only old nikon F-mount lenses because "long flange focal distance." Unless you're willing to sacrifice infinity focus.

>>2736903 f2.8 135mm
First lens I bought for my d3200 after the 50mm 1.8g
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.