[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help, pretty please
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: DSC_0464.jpg (779 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0464.jpg
779 KB, 1920x1080
I am leaving for a trip tomorrow and will bring my trusty A7.
But I can't decide if I want to bring my Loxia 2/50 or borrow a Nokton 50/1.1.
I really can't decide. I like the close focus of the Lox, but the Noct is so nice and bright... I am sorry if this shouldn't be outside the gear thread, I need opinions desperately.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeSony
Camera ModelD5503
Camera Software14.6.A.1.236_6_f1000010
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2015:12:28 22:55:17
Exposure Time1/8 sec
F-Numberf/2.0
ISO Speed Rating1600
Exposure Bias1.7 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length4.90 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1920
Image Height1080
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
>>2731312
It sounds like you have used the loxia a lot.
unfamilliar gear can help you push yourself in other directions.
also, what trip is this. if you are in a warm country, take the loxia. if its a cold country with lots of dark bars and people and indoor locations youll obvi be better off with a brighter lens.
>>
>>2731317
Reasonable enough. It will be a trip to Hungary so I expect quite a lot of darkess.
Nokton 50 and a backup Sony/Zeiss 35/2.8 seems pretty reasonable then.
>>
>>2731317
>unfamilliar gear can help you push yourself in other directions.
It's still a 50mm lens... it just gives more BOKEH. This is not a direction you should be trying to go in....
A tripod would be more beneficial.
>>
>>2731325
While I agree that a tripod is the absolut best solution, I will be using the 50 mostly for portraits.

In case I bring my 35 I will be using a tripod for some cityscapes and stuff.
>>
>>2731329
Why the fuck would you ever shoot a portrait in low enough light that you need to be at f/1.1 on a sensor as nice at high ISO as an A7?

Also, why not an 85?

Or by "portraits" do you mean snapshots of assholes sitting in basements that nobody would ever care to look at in the first place, so who cares that the light is shit, the shadows make people look like ghouls, and nothing is in focus?
>>
>>2731334
>Or by "portraits" do you mean snapshots of assholes sitting in basements that nobody would ever care to look at in the first place

Yeah, basically. I am the photographer in my group of friends and we will be travelling together. I want some keeper pics of us and this will probably be some of the best pictures taken of/with them.. So I thought why not bring some nice optics for the occasion.
I dont have an 85, sadly. You are kinda putting me onto the Loxia again though. Anything above F2.0 is kind of retarded even when it comes to subject separation.. And as you mention the A7 has pretty neat ISO per formance, heck it even looks kind of neat in B&W with high ISO..
>>
Why not both?
>>
>>2731312

I would just take whichever is smaller.
>>
>>2731755
I agree with this man. A lens is no use at all if you don't take it with you. Actually I wish the Nikkor 70-200 f/4 had been out when I bought the 70-200 f/2.8. It's just too fuckin huge for casual use. Maybe I should see about trading it in
>>
>>2731420
Of course Sugar would suggest bringing 2 50mm primes on a trip.
>>
what about autofocus sonyboy?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.