[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am thinking about getting into photography. I know nothing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: images.jpg (5 KB, 274x184) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5 KB, 274x184
I am thinking about getting into photography. I know nothing about it. Any suggestions?
>>
File: 1450181783792.png (264 KB, 500x531) Image search: [Google]
1450181783792.png
264 KB, 500x531
>>2727954
Buy a camera.
>>
>>2727954
Borrow someone's camera and see if you enjoy it
>>
I'm not OP but I just got a Nikon D3200 for Christmas. Is it any good?
>>
No advise will suit a lazy ass like OP. "Thinking about getting into photography" it's much like saying "thinking about going to the gym"; there's not much to think about, there are no shortcuts. You start doing it, and if you enjoy it, you keep doing it.
>>
>>2727971
Yeah it's a great beginner DSLR. I can't imagine you'll feel constrained by it for a good 2 years. Look for a good 35mm or 50mm prime when you get bored with the kit lenses
>>
>>2727971
Let's see that Christmas light bokeh!
>>
just start shooting stuff. If you dont have a camera use your phone, and if you don't have a camera on your phone borrow someone's camera. You'll get better over time, we all do
>>
>>2727954
what are good dslrs to begin with , for under $500? probably all purpose lenses, since i dont have a specific photography subject in mind. is the canon t5 rebel good?
>>
>>2728058
>what are good dslrs to begin with , for under $500?
Whichever one you can get your hands on for under $500.
>probably all purpose lenses, since
any beginner DSLR is probably going to come with a kit lens which is not really great at anything but can do most things pretty well.
>i dont have a specific photography subject in mind.
That's fine for now but eventually you'll probably be more interested and stick with it more if you have something in mind that you want to photograph rather than just buying a camera so you can idly snap away with it.
>is the canon t5 rebel good?
Yeah, if it takes pictures it's good enough.

If you really want to go more in depth first and read a whole bunch of bullshit there's plenty of it to go around on the /p/ sticky or on the gear threads or on a million different websites. Just be aware that, past a certain point, wasting a bunch of time reading and arguing about cameras on the internet is not going to make you a photographer.
>>
>>2728014
Not the other guy but I also got a d3200 that came with the 18-55 kit lens and the 55+200 kit lens. Is bokeh possible on either of them?
>>
>>2728106
u retarded or something?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.