[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just had a fiddle to see what I could do with this technique
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: Poly1-1.jpg (258 KB, 1333x2000) Image search: [Google]
Poly1-1.jpg
258 KB, 1333x2000
Just had a fiddle to see what I could do with this technique - opinions, feedback, have you had any experience with the polygonal concept for editing?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.3 (Macintosh)
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2015:12:07 21:47:22
>>
>>2716930
post more
>>
It'd look a lot better if the background was polygonized as well.
>>
>>2716930
i attempted this effect a while ago but wasn't as successful as i thought
i got too impatient
>>
File: Geo_Comp.jpg (335 KB, 618x772) Image search: [Google]
Geo_Comp.jpg
335 KB, 618x772
Tried this several years ago, I think it works best if you follow the form. Unless you really want it to look messy intentionally I found that breaking it down more and more helps.

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2015 (Windows)
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution600 dpi
Vertical Resolution600 dpi
Image Created2015:12:07 20:40:55
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width618
Image Height772
>>
>>2717373
How did you go about doing this? I really like the gradient action going on.

In general, is this just done by using a polygon tool of some sorts over a photo and estimating colors? Or is there a more convenient way?
>>
>>2717408
Pretty much just lots of drawing over a b&w image to find the major shapes then pen tooling to make it clean. In some of the shapes I used them as layer masks then brushed in my own gradients on a high res render for more control.
>>
>>2717373
Thats beautiful, was it originally from a photograph? How did oyu get that texture to the different surfaces?
>>
>>2717413
Yes it's from a self portrait photo. The texture is just noise applied to the entire image, I thought it worked well with the gradients. There is also an extremely thin outline of a lighter color around some of the shapes on the face that I thought worked well with the gradients. I've been thinking about making more as I've been taking more portraits lately.
>>
this fucking thread
>>
>>2716930
Thats my friend, Initials KL
Either you are him.
You are the photographer.
Or you know him.
which is it?
>>
>>2718953
Yeah man, he just sent me a message saying you found this, I took the og photo
got experimenting a few days ago, thought I'd chuck it up here to see what response I got
>>
>>2718958
Its a small world after all, I never thought I would see his mug on /p/ of all places.
>>
Boys its me the glorious subject
>>
File: 567866.jpg (85 KB, 703x520) Image search: [Google]
567866.jpg
85 KB, 703x520
>amidoinitrite

Camera SoftwarePaint Shop Pro Photo 12.50
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2012:06:21 21:41:14
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width703
Image Height520
>>
>>2716930
give us a rough tutorial anon ?
>>
>>2719303
polygonal filter + layer mask?
>>
>>2719308
in what

detailsss
>>
>>2719303
>>2719308
>>2719310

Alright, OP here

Basically you grab your polygonal lasso tool in Photoshop, and literally create each triangle. Once you create a single triangle you need to hit the Fillter>Blur>Average button and it'll fill whatever area you have selected with the triangle with a solid colour.
Deselect, then create a new triangle beside it, Average Blur, deselect etc...
>>
>>2719390

lel. why don't you just use the cutout filter?
>>
>>2716930
It would work better if you didn't leave bits of unprocessed hair sticking out.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.