[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
Hey /p/, I'm buying myself a Nikon D3300 for Christmas with the standard kit lens, any advice/tips? Pretty new to photography and have been saving up for a while to start off.
>>
Buy a 50mm f/1.8
A lense >200m can be cool too.
>>
>>2714937
Just buy the camera w/o kit lens.
Buy 35mm f/1.8 instead.
>>
>>
this one?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nikon-AF-S-NIKKOR-35mm-1-8G/dp/B001S2PPT0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1449238879&sr=8-2&keywords=35mm+f%2F1.8
>>
>>2714939
>>2714938
take this advice, you will learn to shoot faster with a prime lens, and that 35mm is great cheap glass.
>>
>>2714943
That's DX only.
DX = APS-C crop sensor
FX = Full Frame sensor
I got a D3200 w/o kit lens and opted for the 50mm G instead. The 50mm F1.8G should have better resale value and cost about the same as the 35mm in your link. It performs very well and can double as a portrait lens on a crop sensor without to much distortion.
The only reason to get kit lenses is if they're VR and you want to do video. To many flaws appear at higher resolutions.
>>
>>2714937
Ignore everyone who tells you to buy any lens except the kit lens. if you are new to photography, that kit lens will allow you do several things due to the range it provides. Most importantly, you'll learn what you can and can't do, and as a result, will understand your limitations better when they come. You'll also know better what kind of photography you like to shoot. then you'll know what lenses you need to get to take your photography to the next level. Hell, it may be that you dont even like photography as much as youd expected. Spending money on gear that will go unused wont be fun. Dont be like these degenerate faggot le gear whores. Buy your camera with kit lens and go outside and take pictures. that's how you git gud. Also, read Understanding Exposure. Everyone should read that book when you start off. Its short so you can read it in a few days, but make sure you understand what you read. Lastly, Dont ever go to gear threads
>>
>>2715050
Also, read the manual of your camera. Its the best resource that will tell you how to use your camera. Seriously
>>
File: steal.jpg (53 KB, 633x662) Image search: [Google]
steal.jpg
53 KB, 633x662
>>2714937
I was going to purchase one myself and realized something. The base unit is listed on Amazon for $396.95. I clicked the "Wi-Fi bundle" option and the price didn't change. So you basically get a bag, sd card, and the wifi adapter free.

http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-Digital-Focus-S-18-55mm-3-5-5-6G/dp/B00HQ4W1QE/ref=sr_1_3?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1449280085&sr=1-3&keywords=nikon+d3300
Merry Christmas, anon
>>
>>2715211
SD cards are cheap. you can get a 64gb ultra SD card for like 25$
>>
>>2715211
Nikon rebates the WU-1a to $0 for all D3300's currently. It should come included anywhere you buy it.
>>
I am in a similar situation to OP, looking at getting the same model even, but I am a pretty patient person. Am I gonna be able to pick up one of these for cheaper if I wait till after Christmas?
>>
>>2715327
Well this one is free, I don't see your point. Its not like you need to go out of your way to get the deal
>>
this is all great advice, thanks guys :) and yeah I'll definitely buy Understanding Exposure
>>
>>2715342
lulno. Camera stuff seldom go on actual good sales/deals. Just buy it now, Its pretty much guaranteed that that price won't change any at all.
>>
>>2715429
It was a suggestion
>>2715478
you Dont have to buy it if you're low in funds. You can very easily find it online
>>
Advice? Use the Gear Thread.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.