[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Nikon buys Samsungs camera business This rumor is being
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
>Nikon buys Samsungs camera business

This rumor is being posted on a few different websites at the moment..

If true, would it be a good or bad move by Nikon?

I honestly liked the NX1 as a camera, though I did not need it I think the image quality seemed very good and the feature set (including huge firmware updates) was excellent.

But realistically, could the sensors compete with Sony offerings?

http://www.mirrorlessrumors.com/some-disruptive-samsung-rumor-coming-soon/

http://www.slrlounge.com/disruptive-news-coming-samsung-pentax-ff-update-cp9-announced-daily-roundup/
>>
>>2713674
>But realistically, could the sensors compete with Sony offerings?

Yes.

Is the thread over now?
>>
>>2713674

>Implying Samsung didn't buy Nikon
>>
>>2713679
>implying R I C O H didn't just buy both Samsung and Nikon

:^)
>>
>>2713674
apcs mirrorless nikon.
at least i won't be embarrass by the samsung branding.
>>
>>2713695
The new nikon mirrorless is FF
>>
>>2713696
pls maek look like old skool Nikon F pls nikon pls

take all my shekels
>>
>>2713698
I'd actually like to see it styled more after the F3 or the FA, desu. Mainly because a lot of the cameras from the 60s and 70s all tend to look a lot alike
>>
If RICOH bought Pentax and Nikon buys Samsung, what would Canon buy? Holga?
>>
>>2713738

It is actually more likely that Samsung will buy Nikon and keep rolling out products with the Nikon name
>>
>>2713742
>D400 with NX1 sensor
>It has an electronic shutter for burst rates on par with the 1 series cameras
https://youtu.be/pusZXECS0mM
>>
>>2713742
>gook buying nip
shamfur dispray.
sudoku.
>>
>>2713755
>you will never see Nikon leverage its god tier mirrorless AF performance into a camera that has good UI and a sensor larger than a peanut
feels really bad man. Olympus rocks it in CDAF, but nobody does on sensor PDAF like Nikon. Also subject tracking. But the cameras themselves are kinda shit.

>I wonder if you can squeeze a megapixel or two sensor for Color Matrix Meter IV
>>
Pretty sure that if true, is the other way around.

Nikon just announced the D5 development and then Samsung says that it will make a big announcement on CES.
>>
>>2713674
>But realistically, could the sensors compete with Sony offerings?
Yes, that's the current situation on Smartphones.

Samsung's tech / manufacturing may be slightly worse, but not generations behind.

But Nikon buying the respective divisions from Samsung? I very much doubt it - Samsung wants to keep its smartphones and sensors, I'd think.
>>
>>2713674

Rumors are claiming Nikon has purchased Samsungs camera division, they will build upon Samsungs mirrorless tech and transition to Samsung sensors.

Great move by Nikon.
>>
>>2713783
>but nobody does on sensor PDAF like Nikon.
Except for Canon, who does it better.
>>
>>2713837
>better
>Canon M series has the slowest AF of any mirrorless camera
>>
>>2713783
> but nobody does on sensor PDAF like Nikon
But Sony does it better on all their newer cameras? (Like, the A6000 / A7 II / A7R II).

Also, the new Panasonic and Olympus cameras are reportedly also good.
>>
It would be amusing if the D5 is a mirrorless.
>>
>>2713914
It won't, but perhaps it could perform like the NX1 in live view mode.
That would be a huge deal.
>>
At least now we are sure that the next Nikon DF won't be a POS.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.