[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
canon ae-1
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
my canon ae-1's manual is broken. does anybody have any cheap/diy fixes? im desperate to revive this camera, please help

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
PhotographerCharles Lanteigne
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
>>
get a new one for $5
>>
>>2713565
lets assume i dont want a new one, just to repair my old one. honestly it has sentimental value so, humor me please
>>
>>2713556
>my canon ae-1's manual is broken. does anybody have any cheap/diy fixes?
look up the manual online, duh
>>
>>2713556
Just bought an AE1

It broke immediately

Canon is a shit. My FG20 has been strong since It was made.
>>
>>2713603
you think i havent done that.
it swings around limply. is there a spring inside thats broken?
>>
>>2713611
There are three springs and bearings inside under the film advance lever. If it swings around wildly, there are two things that could have happened.

1. The twine that connects the film advance lever and the rewinding knob as snapped, or come loose and needs adjusted.

2. Springs have been lost, or damaged, and or bearings have been lost or damaged. Damaged less likely, lost is a possibility if the camera was ever serviced.

Does the lever advance at all? If so it may be a washer that locks it into place not allowing it stay still.
>>
>>2713556
Tape senpai. Fixes everything from shutters to keys. Trust me senpai.
>>
File: New canvas.jpg (3 MB, 1378x2039) Image search: [Google]
New canvas.jpg
3 MB, 1378x2039
>>2713614
the film speed gear doesnt advance the roller inside. its like tilted sideways and wont pop back in. the circled bit at the bottom pushes in and out. i really really appreciate the help. like i said, it has sentimental value
>>
>>2713622
its dirty cause its been in an attic for years, be gentle
>>
>>2713622
Watch a tutorial on taking the top off.

You use thin needles or something strong that wont break and turn the circle part of the film advance lever with the two holes on top.
Turn it COUNTER CLOCKWISE until it spins and comes off.

Take each part off in order, remember which parts were there first and last, then inspect that part of the camera. You should be able to see if you can fix it by realigning it.
>>
File: 1446457347450.png (155 KB, 240x312) Image search: [Google]
1446457347450.png
155 KB, 240x312
>>2713629
shit. i dont have any tools. thhank you so so much. im not ignoring your help, but i might just save up to have it repaired. im afraid of fucking something up really bad
>>
>>2713629
the "for future reference" of this though :D
>>
>>2713634
Have it repaired if it means something to you. These cameras are quite fiddly on the inside
>>
>Only one reply suggesting taking it to a repair shop
>Jesus Christ /p/

Take it to some service shop if it means so muck kiddo, they will do good knowing what they are doing. Trust me, i fucked up a Zenit on my teenage years trying to be handy
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.