[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
RIP Holga
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 429x343) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 429x343
>http://www.freestylephoto.biz/holga-ceases-operations

So should buy a lot of holgas and sell them to hipster for a premium?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width429
Image Height343
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>0 replies

Kek
It's a good thing that no one cares about that hipster camera anymore. About time that hipsters already grew up and stopped bothering with photography.
>>
Man there was nothing more satisfying than running expensive film through a shit camera and ruining it. Then mailing it off to a company to develop it so I could scan it with my iPhone . . so rewarding.
>>
It's just a matter of time until some shop on aliexpress starts producing 1to1 copies and selling them for the same price.
>>
>>2712165
Glad they are gone.

>>2713242
>Holga tooling has already been thrown away

If that is true, the Holga clone is going to be even crappier than the original.
>>
>>2713255
>If that is true, the Holga clone is going to be even crappier than the original.

The set up costs for a Holga line are probably tiny. Considering the astronomical profit margin they have when sold at $30+ to hipster fucks, I imagine they will happily start churning out more as long as there is demand.
>>
>>2713272
This.

It's not like there's a ton of complex, precise moving parts to figure out. Just buy a couple of Holgas, make some injection molds of the parts, and start selling them again.

Honestly, part of the thing with Holgas to begin with was the fact that their parts were shit. I'm not saying that as an insult---hell, I own a Holga---it's just part of their whole schtick. They aren't light tight. Their aperture dial doesn't actually do anything. Their lenses are inconsistent at best. Honestly, it'd be relatively easy to make one.
>>
>>2713272
But if it's so profitable, why did they stop producing?
>>
>>2713282
It could be something as simple as already having huge stockpiles, or it could all be a scam & they haven't really stopped production but want to drum up more attention.
>>
this shit should get enough atention to have a boom of chinese olgas

and then, chinese should start making film massively and very cheap. then a film renaissanse. we can only hope.
>>
>>2713289
I'm under the impression that the only price and production limiting factor that stops china from flooding the world with cheap shit grainy film is the silver used in the emulsions. That's the one bit you can't replace with child labour and poisonous brittle plastic.
>>
>>2713290
>silver

its a huge land. they dont have silver mines inside all that space?
>>
>>2713293

china has ass for natural resources, hilariously enough
>>
>>2713293
Are you dense or do you have some certified illness? Yeah, "chinese silver", costs a tenth of the international one, 'cos it's chinese, right? Everything in china's cheap, you could probably make a fortune buying their cheap mass-produced chinese gold and selling it in the US or Europe, right? derp derp
>>
File: 1437521876561.jpg (65 KB, 785x960) Image search: [Google]
1437521876561.jpg
65 KB, 785x960
>>2712165
>inb4 the lomography society buys the molds and starts selling a holga+ pack for $250
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.