[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BEGINNER
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: pizza.jpg (8 KB, 224x168) Image search: [Google]
pizza.jpg
8 KB, 224x168
Hey folks, no photos to show yet, picture unrelated.

Long story short.

Haven't photographed anything with a real camera in years.
Dug out old Nikon D90.
Bought AF 50mm 1.8 D.

Need advice.

I bought a lens and dug it out because I want to shoot small landscapes, like a 20cm square area where dunes meets moonscape rocks, air pockets in sand etc.
>>
>>2707375
You need advice doing what exactly?
>>
>>2707385
maybe a pointer in a good direction for a crash course in the basics, whether theres a video or guide that /p/ sends newbies to so they dont ask stupid questions
>>
Go read books, visit galleries, get lessons.

Imagine turning up on /mu/ saying "I just dug out a guitar from the attic, how do I music?"

You need to leave this place and take a minimum of 10'000 photos, use this time to become fluent with your camera and editing and decide on what things you enjoy shooting.

There is no definitive starting guide, it's a long and dedicated path. Unless you just want to click a button and apply a colour preset - calling this photography is akin to pressing the demo button on a casio keyboard and claiming you made music.
>>
>>2707393
I think that is exactly what I needed to see, thanks man!
>>
>>2707397
Good for you!
As you didn't whine like a little bitch (a reoccurring theme around here) I'd recommend getting "the 35mm photographers handbook" it's in 90% of second hand stores for 50p and will give you all the technical knowledge you need along with some creative guidelines to help you start linking up a vision in your head to what needs to be done in camera. I know that book inside out yet it's still the one I go back to for a booster.
>>
>go out
>find beautiful things
>point your camera to it
>shoot

Wew, ain't that hard.
>>
>>2707521
>go out
>find beautiful things
>point your camera to it
>shoot
>perpetually butthurt fags shit all over whatever you post regardless of how beautiful or well composed it is because someone at some point here did the same to them
>>
>>2707375
Read the sticky, dipshit.
>>
File: 1440453842889.jpg (43 KB, 960x637) Image search: [Google]
1440453842889.jpg
43 KB, 960x637
>>2707525
>perpetually butthurt fags shit all over whatever you post regardless of how beautiful or well composed it is because someone at some point here did the same to them
Maybe you should stop sucking.
>>
>>2707390
Oh okay. Just go to youtube and search dslr basics. There's several videos. Learn the relationship between aperture, shutter speed, and iso; then look up a quick tutorial on exposure best practices for the kind of pictures you wanna take.

Dont buy any more lenses until you run in to something you cannot capture effectively with your 50mm.
>>
>>2707375

damn, could really go for that pizza right now
>>
>>2707521
if your a tourist, that's a great way to bring back an interesting story for the family.

As far as becoming a good photographer, it's just about the worst advice going.

>>2707525

Reel in the butthurt, if your photos were of notable quality you would be selling them instead of desperately seeking validation on an american maymay sharing supersite.

>>2707535
>Dont buy any more lenses until you run in to something you cannot capture effectively with your 50mm.

Bad advice, do whatever the fuck you want with your money, if you want to take tighter shots, get a longer lens. if you want sider shots get a wider lens. If you're more about convenience, get a decent 24-70.
>>
>>2707525
>perpetually butthurt fags shit all over whatever you post regardless of how beautiful or well composed it is
$10 says you wouldn't know.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.