[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
C 41 Home Processing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: Tetenal C41-500x500.jpg (164 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Tetenal C41-500x500.jpg
164 KB, 500x500
I've been Developing my B&W Stuff at home for almost a year now and its been going pretty well.honestly its ez as fuck.
Id like to shoot more 120 negative color film, but developing it in the next city is 7 Euros per roll.
That's more than most of my film costs and it really keeps me from shooting more of it.
So how Hard is it really to delevop color negatives at home AND get decent Results of it.
All guides i found so far are by some Lomography Hipsters and the Results posted in those articles can't really convince me.
Can one recover colors from eventual color shifts in post after scanning or are the negs fucked if you make the tiniest mistake in the process?
>>
If you have water with reasonable pH and a way to keep the drum warm, it is not a problem. I do it all the time but I have a CPP2 which makes it much easier.
>>
File: scarves-0016.jpg (694 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
scarves-0016.jpg
694 KB, 1000x667
>>2706879
It's fairly hard to mess it up. The only time I encountered severe shift is when I tried push processing.

This is from my first attempt at developing my own snapshits. If you already do B&W, I'm sure you won't struggle.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera Model9000F Mark II
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.6 (Macintosh)
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2015:11:20 16:48:44
>>
File: image771.jpg (501 KB, 814x1024) Image search: [Google]
image771.jpg
501 KB, 814x1024
I've been doing all my c41 at home for years now (pic related), using those cheap 3 bath powder kits. I use distilled water to mix chemicals and a microwave to get the temps to about 1 degree over the developing temp of 39 Celsius. I use a water bath in a Rubbermaid tub that's around 41 degrees. Works perfectly and it's quicker and possibly easier than black and white. I just got a jobo machine which makes it easier but I had been doing hand inversions for a long time. Next up is e6.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5 Windows
PhotographerAlex Burke
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2014:07:21 17:11:48
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width814
Image Height1024
>>
>>2706879
I put the chemicals in glass bottles and let them warm up in my sink to 102F. The developer is the only real temperature step. the blix can be a few degrees above or below.

The first time i tried i didn't measure the temp of the chemicals properly and it was probably way too cold, resulting in a thin negative, but it was still perfectly usable. It sounds a lot harder than it is.
My advice would be to use glass bottles so you can let them warm up in a sink/tub without worrying about them moving around, and a dial thermometer.
I recommend these for the 1L kit. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/315918-REG/Photographers_Formulary_50_1200_Amber_Glass_Bottle_with.html
>>
Has anyone bought or made any kind of heating contraption for a tank of water?
>>
>>2706931
Can you re-use the chemicals a bunch of times, like you can with B&W?
>>
>>2707224
Not that hard, just some kind of heating element and thermostat, or temp probe and arduino to keep at it 38c etc.

>>2707231
Yes, you have to increase times, tetenal provides instructions for that.

It is however better to replenish developer if you wanna do that. Replenishment is cheaper. I've done it at home, it works well.
>>
>>2706931
based Alex
>>
>>2707224
>heat water
>mix with cold water to temperature
>use thermometer
>add hot water as temperature drops, swish it around to keep temperature constant
>>
>>2707224
Look up diy immersion cookers for a similar idea. You'd need less heat, but it'd work the same.
>>
>>2706931
>microwave
Why the fuck have I never thought of this?
>>
>>2706879
Anyone know where I can get one of these kits cheaply in Australia? I'm gonna have like 15 rolls to develop when I get back from my trip to America and it's gonna cost me an arm and a fucking leg to get all this shit developed otherwise
>>
>>2707943
Vanbar stocks them IIRC
I was in the same situation a few months back and only now just caught up on scanning.. If I were to do it all over again I'd outsource the whole process or would have just stuck to b/w film (I preferred those shots anyway)
>>
Lots of tutorials on YouTube.
I've never developed film, only enlarged it and developed the prints.
People who have developed film C41, how much is the initial outlay excluding the film it's self and how much does it then cost per roll? Doing it myself would be fun to try but the financial savings is a big intensive.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.