[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /p/ I am looking for some photography advice. I need to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: diy_light_panel.jpg (169 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
diy_light_panel.jpg
169 KB, 1366x768
Sup /p/

I am looking for some photography advice.

I need to take photos on washing machines in a very dark warehouse with a tablet.

I have a photography area where I can paint the walls / floor.

What would be the best colors to use?

In regards to lighting. the budget is tight and I've not got grands for a kino set up. What would you recommend I use to make it as bright as possible.

I was thinking about making a fluorescent light rig, would LED be better?

cheers
>>
>>2702763
>What would be the best colors to use?

Show us a picture of the space and we'll probably be able to give you some better suggestions. Also, what are you aiming for? Is it going to be a decorated set, are you going to be cutting the pictures out, or do you just want a plain unobtrusive background?

Depending on your space/goals, there's a few options available, even on a low budget.

I'd lean more towards fluorescent over LED. You'd need pretty big panels to crank out enough lumens to shoot a washing machine with a tablet and not get noise. But again, seeing the space would help.

Also, what's the final application for the images?
>>
Don't do fluorescent, it will show banding on a tablet camera. Led may give funny results as LED's don't give off a wide spectrum of colour.

You'd be better off spending the money on an old dslr and tripod, then you could just use a desk lamp and a long shutter speed, and set the white balance off the presumably white washing machine.
>>
>>2702788
>Don't do fluorescent, it will show banding on a tablet camera.

Surely that's only with fluorescent tubes.
>>
>>2702763
>What would you recommend I use to make it as bright as possible.
YN560 (I-IV, get a III or IV if you want to really get into photography at some point) on s1 mode (or s2 if the tablet has pre-flash).

Order from China, it's $60 or so tops then.

It will illuminate anything to the degree you need it.

> I was thinking about making a fluorescent light rig, would LED be better?
Yea, usually. You could of course just use a 5500k Cree LED bulb or flashlight (zoomie, they allow you to get a bigger somewhat-even circle of light at SOME distance)... but you better get photo gear like a YN300 II led panel or something.
>>
>>2702763
>I need to take photos on washing machines in a very dark warehouse with a tablet.

No you don't.

You're just a faggot.
Buy a proper camera or go back to /g/
>>
>>2703649 (cont'd)
PS: Let me tell you right now, that all of these options will look like unprofessional shit anyways with most tablets.

Wouldn't even use that for an eBay or whatever sale ad as a private seller. Maybe it's good enough for an insurance claim or something though...
>>
>>2703654
Especially the flash because it can't be triggered or exposed for with a tablet. Making it totally useless.
>>
>>2702763
go to walmart.
buy a couple of flashlight.
it's just light, not rocket science.
anyone complicating it just want to look cool.
>>
>>2703794
Of course it can be triggered with a tablet?

Just use the typical S1 or S2 mode - dinky on-tablet flash triggers big flash, which you bounce off a wall or something.
>>
>>2703891
I just tested that with my YN560IV. My phone flash in both S1 and S2 failed to trigger the flash.
>>
>>2703822
Exactly. People over complicate light, all you need to understand is soft vs. hard light.
>>
>>2703822
lol
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.