[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How has this photo been post-processed? I really like the washed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: SE-Asia_CHeads_ChiaraGerek-49.jpg (213 KB, 1200x801) Image search: [Google]
SE-Asia_CHeads_ChiaraGerek-49.jpg
213 KB, 1200x801
How has this photo been post-processed? I really like the washed out colors, and I'd like to replicate it on some of my own work. Thanks

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON D800
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5 Windows
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Color Filter Array Pattern906
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)28 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width1600
Image Height1068
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2015:11:09 13:31:30
Exposure Time1/400 sec
F-Numberf/10.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating250
Lens Aperturef/10.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeSpot
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length28.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1200
Image Height801
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlNone
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
>>2702302
bump
>>
>>2702302
curves
>>
>>2702315
who would have guessed
>>
>>2702302

these are some disgusting lightroom mustard yellows (TM)

i sure hope you guys dont do this
>>
>>2702302
Pick this point up at curve tab in your converter
>>
>>2702316

Washed out = low contrast, lighter blacks
color balance = difference between R, G, and B channel
So, remove contrast/raise black, and play with the RGB channels until you have the balance you want.
>>
>>2702320
Ok that's actually useful, thanks
>>
>>2702323
Generally, if someone says "curves", and you think "that doesn't help me at all", you didn't understand curves (and possibly digital image files/histograms) enough. Read up on documentation, google tutorials, and experiment A LOT with curves, and exposure/color balance (while looking at how the histogram and the image change).
>>
>>2702302
reduce vibrancy and contrast.
white balance to 4000K
>>
>>2702315
>>2702316
i don't think either of you actually know what post-processing is
>>
Looks like mainly vibrance reduction and, a little bit of shadow/highlight recovery to me
>>
>>2702328
>>2702773
>reduce vibrancy

whew getta load of these losers

more like reduce saturation, increase vibrancy

see ya, losers!
>>
>>2702302
Yes, it has. The contrast has been lowered dramatically. There isn't a LOT of processing, so with the right scene, you could get away with making a camera profile with the contrast turned all the way down, and getting close straight OOC.

>>2702328
>>2702773
Color saturation and virbancy decreases when contrast decreases.
>>
>>2702933
this dude is right, looks fucking horrible though desu senpai
>>
those are some big ass bananas
>>
it's simply a layer of cross-processed film at about 70-80% transparency over the original, which has had its contrast increased but its saturation decreased to taste

it's important you keep your secondary color wheel in mind when choosing the saturation/type of your cross-processed effect so it combines over the original colors to increase vibrancy/color character the way you want (i.e. you might want to make your greens yellowish in the cross processing so they become bluer when layered with the original green, etc).
>>
>>2702302
Is that a 3rd world Oscar Meyer Weiner machine?
>>
>>2702975
>Weiner
Why is this so hard for your people?
>>
File: I-before-E-except-after.jpg (148 KB, 650x466) Image search: [Google]
I-before-E-except-after.jpg
148 KB, 650x466
>>2702977
Our "i before e" rule is fucked, and actually incorrect more often than not.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareGoogle
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width650
Image Height466
>>
>>2702982
but "wiener" isn't an English word.
Why are you applying your moronic rules to it?
>>
>>2702985
Because we all think that it is, and if we can't even learn OUR rules, why would we know German rules?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.