[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sigma 20mm f1.4 Art
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: Sigma_20mm_f1.4_Art.jpg (319 KB, 2000x1429) Image search: [Google]
Sigma_20mm_f1.4_Art.jpg
319 KB, 2000x1429
What's your opinion on the new Sigma lens?

I'm considering getting it as a landscape / astrophotography lens since my 24-70mm f2.8 isn't as wide or as open as I'd like it to be. I was also looking at some of the Samyang / Rokinon primes which were a lot cheaper, but I fear 14mm is too wide, and I don't see much point in getting a 24mm f1.4 since I have that angle already (and I'm going to be doing landscape more than astrophotography so I doubt it's worth it). So, do you think the 20mm f1.4 meets the bill? What do you lenses does /p/ typically use for landscape primes?

PS: I use a Canon 6D
>>
File: img-thing.png (54 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
img-thing.png
54 KB, 300x300
they don't even make one for pentacks
>>
Nikon 16-35mm f4 landscape master race
>>
>>2701271
Who makes anything for pentax other than pentax?
>>2701274
What focal length do you find yourself using most on the 16-35?
>>
File: img-thing_imad.jpg (13 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
img-thing_imad.jpg
13 KB, 300x300
>>2701276
sigma makes lots of stuff for pentax anon and so does everyone else
>>
>>2701276
Probably between 16-24 most of the time, with 16 being most common.
>>
>>2701271
Might come later? Lot's of other Sigmas where the Pentax version came out a number of months after in tow.

Then again, also lot's of Sigma lenses with no k-mount version D:
>>
Lens info:

Aperture Range: f/1.4 to f/16
Two FLD Elements and Five SLD Elements
Two Aspherical Elements
Hyper Sonic AF Motor, Manual Override
Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
Built-In Petal-Shaped Lens Hood*

*kind of a bummer since you won't be able to use any filters
>>
>>2701332
You can get a filter holder to go around it. But they're larger and more expensive.
>>
>>2701270
Although I like this look of this, I'm still personally going for the Sigma 18-35mm f1.8. I'll be using it for landscape/astro as well. I was also looking at the Samyang 16/14mm, but seeing as I'm a poorfag and don't own any quality lenses, I didn't want to be limited to only having a wide angle lens when upgrading. However seeing as you said you already have the 24-70mm f2.8, the 20mm f1.4 seems like a solid choice.
>>
>>2701383
The 18-35mm seems attractive as well with the 1.8 aperture, but I reckon I'd just use the 18-24 range. Also another reason I'd like the prime is I've heard they handle ghosts / flaring much better. Is this true?
>>
>>2701883
Modern high-end lenses generally tend to handle ghosts / flaring very well.

Primes in general do little to nothing about flaring, but ghosting is less common.
>>
File: 2dd[1].jpg (38 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
2dd[1].jpg
38 KB, 560x560
>sigma

idk about that one senpai

i need to see reviews of how it handles coma
>>
>>2701883
You mentioned looking at the Samyang 14mm, did you look at the Samyang 16mm f2 as well? 2mm may not seem like much of a difference but it is quite significant. Also the 16mm can take standard filters without fancy/expensive adapters, and of course has a lower aperture.
>>
>>2702139
It's built for APS-C cameras unfortunately and I recently upgraded to a 6D a few months ago. Damn shame as well, it's a lovely looking lens for the price.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.