[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does one edit like this? Obviously increase exposure but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
How does one edit like this? Obviously increase exposure but I cannot understand how the colours are still kept from getting too washed out and the contrast is still there. Inb4 hipster
>>
More examples
>>
>>2699014
It's not the editing. It's the light. You need bright soft white light. That's about it.
>>
>>2699017

its literally the editing baka

OP, just pick the RGB curve upwards at middle/upper point and then pick the top down to prevent clipping, and thats it
>>
>>2699022
Post your results brother. Because you're wrong.
>>
>>2699014
having a high dynamic range.
>>
>>2699014
is this diffuse flash?
>>
>>2699040
No. It's lots of large lights on the ceiling. Probably big fluorescents.
>>
>>2699017
>>2699039
>>2699040
Yes obviously lots of diffuse light helps but there is some post work here too. I do not think diffused flash was used, these were travel photos.
>>
>>2699030

give me a picture to work in and ill give you results.
>>
>>2699060
You don't have a single photo? That explains a lot.
>>
>>2699017
It is both the editing and the light.

To achieve this specific style, you do need soft light (bright or not really just depends on exposure settings).

The other half of it, from a high key perspective, is careful and proper use of curve adjustments.
>>
>>2699071
Wow. Be sure to be more vague next time.

People who aren't actually photographers in this thread:
>All results are possible if you just edit it good! Muh Youtube tutorials! I never have to leave the house to produce photos that are good! Just you wait!
>>
>>2699075
What exactly was vague?

Do you want me to write a full tutorial on how to use the curve adjustment tool or something?
>>
>>2699078
> is careful and proper use of curve adjustments.

How do I paint a picture like this?
>Oh you just use the brush correctly.

Thanks. We all learned something today.
>>
>>2699079
Again, am I supposed to write out a technical document for you or something?

Are you the same dumbass who claimed it wasn't the editing?
>>
>>2699080
>How do I get a large bank account like this?
Just be good with your money
>How do I learn to drift my car?
Just apply the gas and brakes properly
>How do I lose weight while not feeling miserable?
Just eat food correctly.
>How do I build a beautiful shed like yours?
Just put wood and shingles and siding together in the right way.
>How do I do better on the next ACT I take?
Just answer more questions correctly

You're not saying ANYTHING. You're just saying "in order to get the results you want, take the steps that lead you to the results you want"

I don't give a shit what you say, but you should at least say SOMETHING. A screen shot of a sample curve, or a suggestion for which part of the image to adjust? Shadows? Highlights? Midtones?

You don't get to be cocky for saying nothing at all.

>INB4 you don't actually contribute anything, but you do tell me I'm mad/butthurt/a faggot.
>>
File: 1347205267262.png (90 KB, 301x286) Image search: [Google]
1347205267262.png
90 KB, 301x286
>>2699085
Bruh, I'm not your babysitter, and I'm certainly not here to fucking spoon feed you.

Take your whiny baby shit somewhere else.

The curve adjustment tool is pretty straightforward. Each area on the line is associated with a segment of the photo based on where the information falls on the histogram.

Play with it and figure it out like everyone else. This should be pretty straightforward. It looks like a lift on the highlights with a slight tug on the lower midtones.
>>
>>2699045
>take a nice, strong flash that you can fit on the shoe and that's small enough to be >kept in a travel bag
>have a white ceiling
>point the flash towards the ceiling
there you have a nice enough diffused flash that you can travel with

the main reason why these pictures look like that is because of the lightning
possibly raise the high highlights and the whites a bit in post, but it's still mainly a matter of lightning
>>
>>2699085

what a faggot
>>
>>2699086
>I don't know either
Translated by Bing!
>>
>>2699113
you do realize that every image is different? delivering stepwise instructions is not useful.

rather, he's pointing you towards the specific tool, and the parameters in that tool that need to be adjusted.
>>
>>2699113
>I'm attempting to make fun of someone else for their "lack of knowledge"
>What I am saying is simply showing how ignorantly stupid I am about the subject.
>Plan of Action - say more stupid things.

Brilliant. I literally just described how to use the tool. We can only show you the door, dude, we can't hold your hand and walk you through it.
>>
Come back a day later to check on thread and what a surprise, its been derailed by an argument between two twats and no actual helpful or insightful info beyond the obvious. Stay classy /p/
>>
>>2699481

already told you what to do, you blind kekold.
>>
File: yes.gif (573 KB, 267x199) Image search: [Google]
yes.gif
573 KB, 267x199
>>2699113
I love this meme
>>
Apply a high key S curve and slightly increase saturation.
>>
>>2699022

completely wrong
>>
File: L9X3lmD.gif (2 MB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
L9X3lmD.gif
2 MB, 375x375
>>2699113
>>
Shoot portra
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.