[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone remember dev, stop and fix? I used to have a Gnome
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: gnome.jpg (77 KB, 683x1024) Image search: [Google]
gnome.jpg
77 KB, 683x1024
Does anyone remember dev, stop and fix?

I used to have a Gnome enlarger (pic related), and my mum would get pissed off with prints washing in the bathtub

Trying to light-tight my bedroom with Velcro and inhaling chemicals

Rushing home excitedly with fresh chems in square boxes

I miss all that stuff
>>
Lots of people still develop
>>
>>2697873
fewer do traditional prints though. Easy to develop film at home, but to make prints you need some kind of a darkroom and enlarger.
>>
>>2697723

the other day i learn all that in one session. at a workshop.

i thought images coming out from clean sheets was movie stuff. or that it was very slow irl. shit pops out immediately, and i thought i was witnessing magic right there.
>>
File: IMG_5898.jpg (533 KB, 867x1300) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5898.jpg
533 KB, 867x1300
Used to print in a darkroom under the gallery of photography in Dublin. Met some really cool people from printing in there

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 1100D
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 4.4 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.8
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2013:10:13 19:27:21
Exposure Time1/50 sec
F-Numberf/2.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating1600
Lens Aperturef/2.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length28.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>2699025
Sounds like you're not developing your paper long enough, n00b.
90 secs is a minimum paper dev time to get a good black.
>>
>>2699047
I never had any lessons so there was some waste. I got there in the end though
>>
>>2699025
you meet some cool people in darkrooms.had dinner with a few people in the lab after printing for 6 hours last night
>>
just find a local darkroom that's open to the public or run as some sort of co-op, no reason to act like enlargers vanished along with the halcyon days of youre youth
>>
Anyone have recommendations on a good enlarger to buy? Plenty on craigslist here.

Beseler, Omega, etc. Many different models of the 23c. Any you recommend to get / avoid?
Been developing for a while but not printing.
>>
>>2699634
no matter what brand you buy, you should test the enlarger before handing over your money. vignetting and all sorts of similar issues can be hard to identify unless you literally print an image.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.