[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I create a "misty" effect on a photo like in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: misteffect.png (478 KB, 400x596) Image search: [Google]
misteffect.png
478 KB, 400x596
How do I create a "misty" effect on a photo like in that picture?
Is it some kind of filter or what?
Do you have any link to good tutorial?
>>
In photoshop, create new fill layer (gradient), set blending mode to "screen". After that adjust the gradient map to whatever looks good
>>
>>2697018
There you go, anon.

http://petapixel.com/2013/03/26/shoot-hazy-and-ethereal-photos-using-a-sandwich-bag-and-colored-markers/
>>
Cum on the lens before shooting.
>>
>>2697018
new layer with gradient mask. then play with the curves
>>
Thanks guys. I think I will go with the cum method.
>>
Light hitting the lens at a 45ish degree angle, could be from the side or front, works either way. Low aperture. Inner reflection of the lens will give it a hazy look.
>>
>>2697018

use a really old lens
>>
>>2697018
Diffusion filter, raise the output black point on the levels tool for smokey blacks if you want.

Another way, duplicate layer, gaussian blur, play with radius, set layer to screen blending mode, opacity to bring back effect if too much etc.
>>
>>2697102
Good choice.

A quick and dirty method is to reduce saturation and contrast, then fuck about till you get the Playboy look you were after.

Or just cum on your lens...
>>
+1 cum on lens
>>
File: 1435511665572.jpg (114 KB, 802x550) Image search: [Google]
1435511665572.jpg
114 KB, 802x550
>>2697045
>>
Play with offset/curves and gradients. Also Split toning+curves works wonders.
>>
>>2697125
use a lens without coating.

older m42 lenses can do the job.

for example industar 50-2. its cheap and center sharp. only a little slow.
>>
increase your black point and bring down your shadows to get nice contrast, then push up your black point output to make the shadows brighter. Put more blue in the shadows and a touch of yellow in the highlights, then apply the whole thing on a gradient.
>>
No matter what you do for the effect, it won't look as good without a ripe C-cup on the lower third intersection.
>>
>>2697018
Take cheap uv filter and make a crack on it: https://vimeo.com/142468491
>>
1/4 pro mist filter.
>>
File: IMG_0019.jpg (217 KB, 2912x4368) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0019.jpg
217 KB, 2912x4368
Canon 5d2 with a very old, broken m42 Mamiya Sekor 55mm 1.8 via adaptor

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 5D
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.3
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2015:07:03 14:01:48
Exposure Time1/160 sec
F-Numberf/0.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/inf
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeSpot
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length0.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width2912
Image Height4368
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>2699677
What the fuck did you do to that poor photo?
Why 3k x 4.3k??
Are you mongoloid?
>>
Lightroom dehaze filter, move it into the opposite direction.
>>
>>2698189
Or just coat a lense yourself with your cum
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.