[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/p/, i have this rollei and i changed the screen for a mamiya
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: art-the_find_380x300.jpg (87 KB, 380x300) Image search: [Google]
art-the_find_380x300.jpg
87 KB, 380x300
/p/, i have this rollei and i changed the screen for a mamiya RZ67 one. now its improved as fuck, but i think it has problems with focusing marking. if you put the weel on infinite it is almost infinite but kinda soft, if you dial back it a little bit it gets sharper, ie. true infinite. how to calibrate this?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS Macintosh
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2009:05:04 20:12:04
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width380
Image Height300
>>
Flip the focusing screen
>>
>>2694829
shimms
>>
>>2694831

but doesnt it have a "correct" position?

i guess the matte side goes facing the camera, and the bright side goes up.

>>2694834
iirc the original screen had this too. so i dont know if its a problem of the seeing lens or the screen. i guess it should stop on proper infinity no matter what? i dont want to waste film trying stuff
>>
>>2694844
could be that the mirror has shifted over the years
>>
>>2694844
>i guess the matte side goes facing the camera, and the bright side goes up.
ground glass is the opposite m8
>>
>>2694888

tried it with glossy side to the camera, now its contrastier and stuff "snap into focus" more noticeably

focus got less than infinity so by using shimms i got it, i think

will deliver test roll
>>
>>2694844
>i guess it should stop on proper infinity no matter what?
Yes it should.
However the only way to perfectly align your lens, groundglass, mirror and film plane is to take it to a technician who knows what they're doing. They will use a collimator, and precision measuring tools to adjust it correctly.
If your camera is in good condition, it's worth the money.
>>
>>2694950

mechanically its in top condition, optics not so much. got it for relatively cheap
>>
>>2694829

It doesn't really matter if it hits infinity exactly or not, it matters that what you see up top is what you are getting underneath. The two lenses have to be in synch.
You are going to have to place GG on both focal planes and make sure you that what you see on the top is the same as what you see on the bottom, or its all pointless.

In a pinch, that matte Scotch tape makes for an acceptable GG surface - run a strip across both planes and pull out a loupe to verify proper top GG placement. If its a little off, shim it until it matches, no matter where the infinity stops.
I have cameras where they go slightly beyond when properly set up. These were hand fitted, hand built units, there were shims used from the factory for a reason.

If its way off, take it to someone ho knows whats up, the lenses themselves can be adjusted, but that is very much not not for pikers to try at home.
>>
File: rolly.jpg (11 KB, 812x512) Image search: [Google]
rolly.jpg
11 KB, 812x512
>>2695637

thats cool. and it seems like a legit way to get spot on adjustment.

but does the focal plane happen in point 1 or 2 (see pic related)?

just put the old gg where the film should go, but i dont know if the focal plane happens where the light hits, or by the side where it gets projected (the one i see)
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.