[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/compact/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 21
Compact Camera thread

Post results, talk shit, get hit
>>
I'm in the market for an advanced compact, and my choices atm are down the Panasnoic LX100, Sony Rx100m3, and the Ricoh GR
Really difficult to pick though
I'm looking for a combination of portability, good video, good iq, and manual controls
Anyone know anything else that might fit the bill or know something about those three that would make choosing easier?
How unpocketable is the lx100?
How non-manual is the Rx100?
How dusty does the GR really get?
>>
>>2689719
forgot to mention obviously that price is also an issue, I'm generally looking for something that's sub £500
I can the GR for £360, the LX100 for £400, and the RX100m3 for £420
>>
>>2689719
they all get dusty after a year, someaybe a little linger, and it isnt all that difficult to clean the sensor

personally id go for the rx100iv (if you want good video options as well) or the ricoh (if you just want good pictures only). both are definitely pocketable, but with the ricoh you'll want to get the ovf to go with it.
>>
>>2689723
rx100iv isnt an option for me because of the price and the fact that the 4K is practically unusable

tbh if the LX100 was more pocketable it'd be a no-brainer for me

does the ricoh not get dustier than the others?, ive heard some terrible things about it
>>
>>2689723
sorry for typos, typing on phone

as for the lx100 the lens is a little too bulky to really be "pocketable". if you must have good video as well as decent pics the rx100iv (note the 4th edition in particular) is really your only option. but the ricoh will give you much better pictures with its larger sensor and better rendition of color.

sony is great when it comes to sharpness but the colors always look bland and washed out (inb4 Ken). I own the RX1 and regret the purchase. beyond many of its other issues, despite the amazing IQ, the colors are all quite bland until I twiddle with each pic a good amount in PS.
>>
>>2689725
4K is a moot option anyway and just a marketing gimmick for this grade of consumer cameras.

4K won't be relevant for another 4 years minimum for the technology to catch up. 90% of anybody looking at your video won't be able to tell the difference because their monitors only account for 1080p tops.

the video options for the rx100iv are great for the slomo feature (that actually looks surprisingly very good) and good 1080p. thats all you really need. askingn for more than that in a compact is very wishful thinking.
>>
>>2689727
I use 4K on my gh4 all the time, downscale it to 1080 and it looks gr8
>>
>>2689729
again, its just wishful thinking...

...asking for smooth 4K video, APS-C pictures with great quality, in a pocketable form factor with as many manual options as a larger DSLR, and at a compact price point, is literally not on the market.

Probably in 5 years time. But not now.

The closest you'll get to having all 4 listed above, but with a smaller sensor, is the rx100iv. The closest you'll get, but without video, is the gr. There is currently no magic device that does it all at this size.
>>
>>2689719
The Ricoh is no more prone to dust than any other collapsible lens compact.
>>
>>2689719
>How unpocketable is the lx100?
it's coat pocketable
no shirt or pants pockets
cargo pants maybe, but you'd only be wearing those if you were some kind of disgusting neckbear
>>>/fa/ to cure yourself

>How non-manual is the Rx100?
not very
it's best used on auto, or on settings that don't require much adjustment
lx100 better for manual stuff
most pocketable all-rounder

>How dusty does the GR really get?
D U S T
U
S
T

the gr is best for slipping out, switching on in a flash, taking a snap and then secreting it away again
the others can't really do this
the rx100 in particular can be frustrating (in comparison) as you wait for it to boot up and for that long lens to telescope out

IMOtbhfamfag,
lx100 is already getting too big to be a true compact - as in, a secondary smaller cam you take on your off days or whatever

the gr is
D U S T
U
S
T
and from all accounts it IS more prone to dusty dust and dust
they others will get dust one day, but the GR it's a given
i've been luck so far

but very good for what it is: discrete, quick
but limited in other ways (28mm fov only; no VF, though I've only used the one on my rx100 once or twice on sunny days)

most all-rounder is the rx100

if you can't afford any of these there's also the canon g7x
which has some frustrating issues but still usable (best for auto snaps) and just as pocketable as rx100 and gr

>I'm looking for a combination of portability, good video, good iq, and manual controls
it's a lot to ask, as you're going to have to compromise

other questions:
what is your main rig
for what purpose do you want this compact?
supplementary?
replacement?
just for travel?/nights out where something bigger would be inappropriate?
>>
>>2689742
>if you can't afford any of these there's also the canon g7x
about the canon:
it's colors OOC are better than sony
but the rx100's have more going for them for my purposes
>>
>>2689742
comprehensive answer, thanks

>>I'm looking for a combination of portability, good video, good iq, and manual controls
>it's a lot to ask, as you're going to have to compromise

I know, at best I'll get 2/4 of those

>what is your main rig
I use a GH4 with an assortment of large and heavy vintage lenses, mostly for video and for when I have a photoshoot where I have good transportation and know the time & place

>for what purpose do you want this compact?
street photography, simple video on the go, it would be nice to always have a camera with me
>>
>>2689747
>street photography, simple video on the go, it would be nice to always have a camera with me
well, then out of these i'd look at either sony, gr or even canon

check out a youtube guy name bigheadtaco - all his vids are taken on a gr, but they're mostly his taken hand held by his wife who doesn't move around much

gr lacks any form of stabilization
canon's IS is better than sony's, but at least sony does have it
if you've got steady hands, or won't be walking around much then the gr might be doable for vids

vid autofocus:
can't speak to gr's, as I've never used the video mode
sony's c-af for video is shite
canon's is better
with sony, manual focus for video is generally advised, even if it's a vlog on a tripod - shit jumps around a lot for no reason
mf video on the canon is as bad as c-af on the sony due to stupid retarded controls

>I use a GH4
well, with the lx100 you'd at least have comparable IQ, well, sorta, it's just a little big to be something I for one would like to take everywhere.
if I was going to take a lx100, I would probably just take my main cam
I handled it in store and found that it was not for me

canon feels solid, better built than the sony (which feels flimsily put together in comparison), but has numerous flaws that are just annoying
sony has its own flaws, but perhaps fewer of them (sony's menu's are a nightmare)
gr seems very well put together, but a cursory search on the net will find you looking at quite a large number of complaints concerning dust
and it is a concern
a guy that dismantled his attributes the dust problem to poor design and implementation of a gasket by ricoh
still, it's a sweet camera to own if you have use for it

try them all out in store
I found that the rx100m3 ticked enough of my boxes for what I had in mind for it.
that being said, I do have a gr, but it serves a very specific purpose
the rx100 would be more the generalist.
>>
>>2689718
sony rx100 i, ii, iii, iv
canun g7x, g9x
nikon coolpix a.
ricoh dust gr.
fuji x100t.
panasonic gm1.
olympus epl6 + panasonic 20mm f1.7 lens.
sony a5100 + 20mm lens.
>>
File: RX1RII_front_1444834812.jpg (85 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
RX1RII_front_1444834812.jpg
85 KB, 1000x750
W-wait for me! I want to be in this thread too!!
>>
>>2689762
what about them fam?
>>
>>2689767
nope. I've owned this camera and plan on selling it (if I can ever get a decent price for it). too many issues going for it:

- Not a compact in the slightest. The lens, while amazing, makes this beast too large to fit in a jacket pocket. It's very light though.
- AF is just not fast or accurate enough, even in bright daylight. This is the biggest killer.
- This would be fine if the lens had any sort if reasonable method for MF. It doesn't. There's no markers on the lens itself for focus distance and prefocusing is not a possibility (focus ring rotates indefinitely, resets upon turning off)
- No hotshoe if using the EVF, and no other method of using it with an external flash.
- The picture quality doesn't justify its price. Even though I've bought it used for half the price, it still doesn't feel worth it. It isn't to say the IQ is bad, but the IQ isn't leagues ahead of actual compacts. Add that color rendition is disappointing.

I really wanted to love this camera but these issues ultimately kill it. I'm not really hoping for much with the mark ii version either. "30% better" AF seriously isn't enough, it was that bad.
>>
>>2689844
Your opinion is outdated. That's the 42 Mp Mark 2 with OSPDAF and built in EVF + variable lowpass filter.
>>
Coolpix A

/thread
>>
>>2689880
it's fucking shit
it's only saving grace is that it was cheap for a period of time
>>
>>2689845
more megapix and a toggle filter aint gonna make a big difference fam.

the only notable differences are the built in EVF and better AF. But they STILL havent fixed this lens for MF, which is disappointing. And again "30% better" of already pretty bad AF performance is not a promising quote. Its just not worth the price they're trying to sell it for new.
>>
>>2689888
>But they STILL havent fixed this lens for MF
does it still have that completely retarded mf assist mode?
so easily fixed via firmware
>>
>>2689888
Here is where you are being retarded.

That camera has the fastest AF among all the cameras listed in this thread. But you're using AF argument to shit on it.
>>
What's everyones favourite compact?
>>
Does anyone know if it's possible to dustproof a ricoh gr with masking tape or something?
>>
My first camera I bought was a compact....

Did I fuck up?
>>
>>2689963
Depends...which one?
>>
>>2689965
Rx100 mk1
>>
>>2689718

i liked my CCD sensor Canon G10

image quality kinda lacked, but felt luxurious and gave me many camera boners
>>
>>2689948

D U S T
U
S
T
>>
>>2689957
Is just a matter of not getting a dud. If you get a speck of dust that's really irritating, demand a replacement instead of a cleaning.
>>
>>2689988
Do you have any personal experience of successfully doing that?
>>
>>2689974
Decent camera from what I've heard, covers all the basics and will be good for training until you move onto to something bigger
>>
>>2689963
Same. First digital's gonna be a GR.
Did I fuck up?
>>
>>2690053
Get ready to get memed to death about dust if you ever mention anything about a GR on /p/. I think it's an amazing camera, it's easily my favorite digital camera ever.
>>
>>2690067
I bought an adapter and UV filter, I'll put those on out of the box, I'm hoping that'll negate the DUST.
>>
>>2690070
Honestly I doubt it would help much, but it's really not a big deal at all. My GR has been in my bag with me or in a jacket pocket for a couple of years now and it's still fine. I recently tested it just to see if it had a dusty sensor and I found a bunch of dust specks, but I have yet to actually notice it in a real photo.

But of course on the internet every little tiny issue gets blown up into a massive shitstorm.
>>
>>2690067>>2690067
dun get me wrong
gr is awesome and picture game amazing
but the dust is ridiculous

D U S T
U
S
T
DUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUST THE SMALLER ONE DAY COURSE IS GOING WELL AS THE STORY OF THE MAN WHO IS THE BEST WESTERN HOTEL IS UNABLE TO FIND OUT MORE THAN A WEEK AND A HALF MEN ARE NOT THE INTENDED RECIPIENT OF DUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUST THE SMALLER THE LANDMARK IN A FEW WEEKS AGO BY THE WAY TO GO TO THE DUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUST the UK and Ireland for the first time in a few minutes to any other DUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUST DUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUST
>>
>>2690229
I just bought a GR used (shutter count 35 if you can call that 'used') and I'm really scared that the whole dust issue is gonna pop up and ruin the camera. Anyone know if camera repair places will clean the sensor?

Apart from the dust possibility I absolutely love this camera. Taking DSLR quality images in this package is unbeatable. The lens is so sharp, holy shit
>>
>>2690231
You can clean it yourself if you can wield a screwdriver.
>>
>>2689886

It's like a GR, except good.
>>
>>2690231
tis enterprice sole fix himshelf

>http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/161-ricoh-gr/261769-disassembling-gr-sensor-cleaning.html

D U S T

U

S

T
>>
Is the GR dust issue actually relevant, or just a meme?
I was walking around a few photography shops/service centres in central London, and nowhere had they or their customers had an issue with it
>>
>>2690262
Vocal minority. Unfortunately the minority is a little larger than usual in this case
>>
File: gr sealing vs big fat hair.jpg (116 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
gr sealing vs big fat hair.jpg
116 KB, 800x533
>>2690262
Do a search, there's a lot of discussion about it online.
More than other compacts?
Maybe, maybe not.
Maybe it's due to the fact that those that would be inclined to purchase a compact like the GR in the first place would be more discerning in general, and that the severity of the dust issue is over emphasized like >>2690264 mentions.

However, I have not noticed as much of a fuss being made in regards to say, the sony rx100's. Maybe the target consumers are different, and that could explain it. But the sony's far outnumber the GR's which really are a very, very niche camera.
Fewer people own them, but there's a lot more complaints.

Just know that there are more than enough complaints out there from "more discerning" consumers/photogs such as yourself that you should take it into account when buying.

Check this >>2690241 pentax forum link for the diy dis-assembly tute.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 60D
PhotographerAndy Stow
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2015:09:04 08:46:38
Exposure Time1/100 sec
F-Numberf/2.8
Exposure ProgramShutter Priority
ISO Speed Rating2000
Lens Aperturef/2.8
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length60.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width800
Image Height533
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>2689718

Hi! I'm planning on getting a Fujifilm x-pro 1 and use Leica/Voitglander/other manual lenses instead of using Fujifilm lenses and I'm wondering if it's worth the money to buy a X-pro 1, use manual lenses or if it's just waste of money?
>>
>>2690352
this is a compact camera thread

you'll be wanting the general gear thread
check the catalog
>>
>>2690372
thanks lil niggah
>>
File: quebec.jpg (2 MB, 4148x2765) Image search: [Google]
quebec.jpg
2 MB, 4148x2765
Can anyone recommend me a small (pocket-portable) camera under $300? There are many, obviously, but I was wondering what you guys thought were the best ones.

It being manual would be nice, but not necessary

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS REBEL T2i
Image Created2013:08:07 10:36:37
Exposure Time1/250 sec
F-Numberf/14.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/14.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
Focal Length23.00 mm
Image Width5184
Image Height3456
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
>>
File: zorki-10-schraeg.jpg (46 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
zorki-10-schraeg.jpg
46 KB, 600x450
>>2690764
>>
File: 3610895334_e4f8df6466.jpg (96 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
3610895334_e4f8df6466.jpg
96 KB, 500x332
>>
>>2690923
>my dick is rhodium
>>
>>2690821
Yeah and where the fuck am I supposed to find something like that lmao

I'm looking for something modern that I can actually buy without travelling to Nepal
>>
>>2690764

S95?
>>
>>2690764
SX610 is the only right answer
>>
>>2690923
anyone on here ever actually use on of these?
>>
File: sIMG_7416.jpg (230 KB, 467x701) Image search: [Google]
sIMG_7416.jpg
230 KB, 467x701
>>2689718
what plant is that?

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 5D
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS4 Windows
Image Created2009:08:10 16:07:20
Exposure Time1/60 sec
F-Numberf/4.0
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating320
Lens Aperturef/4.0
Exposure Bias-1/3 EV
Metering ModeUnknown
Focal Length24.00 mm
Image Width467
Image Height701
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
>>
>>2691289
Battersea, I think
The same one they used for that Pink Floyd cover
>>
File: sIMG_7334c.jpg (230 KB, 450x679) Image search: [Google]
sIMG_7334c.jpg
230 KB, 450x679
>>2691291
oh cool, is that the same one from the pig flying scene in children of men? i used to have a thing for huge abandoned industrial facilities but havent done any exploring in half a decade.

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 5D
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5 Windows
Image Width2912
Image Height4368
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Created2010:12:07 17:46:18
Exposure Time20 sec
F-Numberf/4.0
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/4.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeUnknown
Focal Length24.00 mm
Image Width450
Image Height679
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
>>
>>2691295
>oh cool, is that the same one from the pig flying scene in children of men?

i literally can't even.
>>
>>2691297
cant even what? im not from across the pond so forgive me if im not up to date on my rooty tooty power making fizzleshacks.
>>
>>2691298

The pig flying scene in children of men is a direct reference to the pink floyd cover.
>>
>>2691299
pretty sure it had much deeper symbolism than that, but cool nonetheless.
>>
File: 81Zt1sgUDtL._SL1500_.jpg (367 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
81Zt1sgUDtL._SL1500_.jpg
367 KB, 1500x1500
>>2691301

lol no. have you seen the fucking cover in question?
>>
>>2691307
dude, dont be a nigger.
>>
>>2691311

It's cool, buddy. It's an anonymous board, you can totally cop to not knowing the reference and no one will ever know it was you. No one expects you to know every reference ever, but we do expect you to be humble and receptive.
>>
>>2691317
youre still being a nigger.
>>
>>2691317
anyway if i can elaborate, for me the pig represented a couple things.

1) the common phrase "when pigs fly" in meant to portray a completely hopeless situation, much like the situation that envelopes the entire theme of the movie. seeing a pig literally flying to me meant that there was a glimmer of hope to be found in this otherwise bleak, dystopian setting. if a pig could fly, there was hope for the main characters.

2) i thought it could also have been a reference to the book animal farm by george orwell, which has a drawing of a pig on the cover, and the theme of which this movie seemed to draw a pretty strong parallel to.

so yes, im sure in retrospect the pink floyd album cover was another reference that i happened to overlook, but like i said im pretty sure there was much deeper symbolism at play there. maybe i just look too far into things, i dunno, im not a nigger like you.
>>
File: P1060579.jpg (4 MB, 3776x2520) Image search: [Google]
P1060579.jpg
4 MB, 3776x2520
>>2689719
LX100 is my main camera.
The LX100 is not pocketable at all. I came from a LX5 which already barely fitting in a jacket pocket, the LX100 is way bigger and heavier.

But it's so nice to use, all the control are easy to reach, the EFV is great, only downside for me is the 24-75mm being a bit short for outdoor pictures.

Equipment MakePanasonic
Camera ModelDMC-LX5
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Elements 2.0
PhotographerMATT
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.0
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)24 mm
Horizontal Resolution180 dpi
Vertical Resolution180 dpi
Image Created2015:10:25 21:42:29
Exposure Time1/13 sec
F-Numberf/2.0
Exposure ProgramShutter Priority
ISO Speed Rating640
Exposure Bias0 EV
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length5.10 mm
Image Width3776
Image Height2520
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Gain ControlHigh Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>2689719
fw still completely undecided about which to get
Went into a shop and played around with all of them, size wise the ricoh gr would be perfect, but I'm just in love with the LX100, even though it is bigger than I would like
>>
>>2691801
>that shitty silver paint
should have bought the black.
you should sand paper the paint to reveal the brass.
>>
File: P116066ty2.jpg (3 MB, 2000x1502) Image search: [Google]
P116066ty2.jpg
3 MB, 2000x1502
>>2691806
Then go for it dude, dont fight love.
>>2691811
But I'm sort of a hipster, I HAD to take the silver
Damn, those "Your image contains an embedded file" and size limitation are so annoying.

Equipment MakePanasonic
Camera ModelDMC-LX100
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Elements 2.0
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)70 mm
Horizontal Resolution180 dpi
Vertical Resolution180 dpi
Image Created2015:10:25 22:15:09
Exposure Time1/30 sec
F-Numberf/8.0
ISO Speed Rating200
Exposure Bias-1 EV
Metering ModeSpot
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length31.50 mm
Image Width2000
Image Height1502
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Gain ControlLow Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
Does anyone know of a good small case for the LX100, other than the leather ones?
>>
>>2691319
*you're
ignorant nigger
>>
>>2691299
this

>>2691301
>>2691326

really? you wrote an entire paragraph to rebut a point you could google in 5 seconds and understand you're wrong?

The dude's penthouse was built atop the SAME FUCKING POWER STATION. hurr
>>
>>2691287
I had one, it was great, fun to use, metered really well and pretty compact for MF. It was easier to lug around than a small rebel. Sadly had to sell it since needed cash
>>
/p/'s thoughts on the X100T? also lookin' for a take-everywhere street camera
>>
>>2692986
It's pretty good. Better than some that are cheaper, worse than some that are more expensive. Won't be the weak point in your process.
>>
>>2692986
It's pretty big, I was surprised when I saw it in a shop
>>
>>2693004

It's big compared to a Ricoh GR, but I just got one and I can't believe how tiny and unnoticeable it is compared to my D800.
>>
>>2693013
>It's big compared to a DUST
ftfy

D U S T
U
S
T
>>
File: DSC04144.jpg (303 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
DSC04144.jpg
303 KB, 1200x800
Taking this on its first trip this weekend~ Anybody know if the 'NP' mode is actually useful? As far as I can tell, it just seems to try to 'intelligently' overexpose by 2 stops?

Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelILCE-6000
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.2.1 (Windows)
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)45 mm
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2015:10:19 18:00:04
Exposure Time1/20 sec
F-Numberf/5.6
ISO Speed Rating1600
Lens Aperturef/5.6
Brightness1.3 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length30.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>2693020

Is there any fixed lens camera that doesn't suffer from dust? it's just sort of something you accept in compromise.
>>
>>2693023
>it's just sort of something you accept in compromise.
oh
we all know that

D U S T
U
S
T
>>
>>2692817
>simpleton can't into deeper meaning
>"it's album cover hurr nothing more u stoopid"
I bet you're one of those faggots who thinks Lost in Translation sucks because it "isn't about anything". Go jack off to your latest spike lee joint you fucking dilettante.
>>
>>2693023
coolpix a.
>>
>>2693052

i doubt that very much.

https://www.flickr.com/groups/2158552@N24/discuss/72157644012651144/

https://www.photographerslounge.org/threads/34660/
>>
Do you guys think a Ricoh GRD 3 for 100$ because the play button, down button, and fn2 button dont work is worth it? I'd mostly treat it like a film p&s
>>
>>2693365
no.
peanut sensor.
>>
>>2689721
I saw on craigslist that Fuji x100T for £350 once ... ONCE. Ishould've bought it but I had to save my shekels for a trip ... to Israel.
>>
>>2693780
are you a goy?
>>
>>2693784
Nope. Just another Australian living in London. UK is so fucking close to everything cool (Europe). And since watching the movie Almost Famous, I've always wanted to go to Morocco. So I'm saving up for that next.
>>
>>2693787
I live in London too. Love traveling but always send up spending all my dosh on AV gear
>>
File: c2.jpg (2 MB, 1792x1344) Image search: [Google]
c2.jpg
2 MB, 1792x1344
>>2693886
I'd buy an expensive guitar here if I could, too ... but my cousin is coming over for xmas and she can get it tax free, plus £ pawns AUD, so it ends up being £749 CHEAPER IF she's bothered to get it for me. Anyways, here's something from Cambridge, who fucking hate people touching their beloved grass.

Equipment MakePENTAX RICOH IMAGING
Camera ModelGR
Camera SoftwareGIMP 2.8.10
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)28 mm
Image Created2015:09:06 09:47:39
Exposure Time1/250 sec
F-Numberf/14.0
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/13.9
Brightness9.7 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length18.30 mm
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>2693973
Are you here to study?
>>
File: c1.jpg (2 MB, 1344x1792) Image search: [Google]
c1.jpg
2 MB, 1344x1792
>>2693973
No. Teaching because I didn't want to work in Yass/country/rural NSW. How about you?

Camera ModelGR
Image Created2015:09:06 09:46:45
Exposure Time1/350 sec
F-Numberf/14.0
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/13.9
Brightness10 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length18.30 mm
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>2691289
it's fallout 4
>>
>>2694175
moved here 10 years ago, studying atm
What do you teach?
>>
>>2691289
>>2691295
Where are these two? I have a thing for abandoned industry too
I'd love to go to Chernobyl some time
>>
>>2694220
I'm the same way

I want to go to Chernobyl one way. And get a radiation suit.
>>
>>2694227
too bad that french graffiti guy ruined it
>>
File: sIMG_1920.jpg (214 KB, 467x758) Image search: [Google]
sIMG_1920.jpg
214 KB, 467x758
>>2694220
>>2694227
First one is Richmond Power Station, second is Delaware Power Station. Both in Philadelphia oddly enough.

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS4 Windows
Horizontal Resolution3200 dpi
Vertical Resolution3200 dpi
Image Created2009:08:15 03:35:45
Image Width467
Image Height758
>>
File: yIMG_7481.jpg (362 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
yIMG_7481.jpg
362 KB, 1000x667
>>2694220
>>2694227
>>2694449
Also fun fact, the time machine scene from the movie 12 Monkeys with Bruce Willis was shot there. Picture is a shot I took while there, and the link is a screencap from the movie.

https://41.media.tumblr.com/01262d82e3dbe1a2144a0319a3a33970/tumblr_nhfpfyFqlp1swoihzo1_1280.png

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 5D
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5.1 Windows
Image Width4368
Image Height2912
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Created2015:10:29 17:09:41
Exposure Time1/80 sec
F-Numberf/2.8
ISO Speed Rating1600
Lens Aperturef/2.8
Exposure Bias-1 EV
Metering ModeUnknown
Focal Length24.00 mm
Image Width1000
Image Height667
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
>>
>>2694449
>>2694452
very nice.
have you seen this short by David Lynch? You might like it - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d999tai5E1Q
>>
File: c3.jpg (943 KB, 1792x1344) Image search: [Google]
c3.jpg
943 KB, 1792x1344
>>2694219
- English (ironically)
- Drama (because free theatre tickets are an excuse to NOT teach)
Last one, The Fitzwilliam Museum. I would show my Gay Pride + Nottinghill Carnival photos, but I haven't scanned and edited them.
What are you studying? And are Welsh girls (if I go to Cardiff) as easy as I've heard?

Camera ModelGR
Image Created2015:09:06 09:48:23
Exposure Time1/125 sec
F-Numberf/14.0
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/13.9
Brightness8.8 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length18.30 mm
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>2694465
Journalism
unfortunately I have no idea about welsh girls
>>
>>2694472
Any other (free) events in London I can take photos of? Not Christmas markets ... I've been to a few of them already. How's Somerset House when there's an ice-skating rink? Busy?
>>
>>2693021
>intelligent
kek
But seriously, that camera makes me wet.
I am jelly.
Does it use patrician-style see in the dark AF, or garbage contax-style phase detect?
>>
>>2693365
>Is it a good idea to pay $100 for broken consumer electronics?
Read that sentence aloud and decide for yourself.
>>
>>2694482
quite busy, yes
I don't really know about other stuff, there's also so much going on... check TimeOut
>>
>>2694490
*always so much
>>
File: IMAG2147.jpg (794 KB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
IMAG2147.jpg
794 KB, 2688x1520
Got myself the LX100

Love it, super sexy and nowhere near as big/heavy as I was lead to believe
I realised that I don't like the really small compacts, they're just to small to properly enjoy using them. Shouldn't be keeping a camera in your pocket with all the dust and shit anyway

Equipment MakeHTC
Camera ModelHTC One
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.0
Image Created2015:11:01 18:38:49
Exposure Time1979/500000 sec
F-Numberf/2.0
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/2.0
Brightness5.0 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeOther
Light SourceUnknown
FlashFlash
Focal Length3.82 mm
Image Width2688
Image Height1520
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Gain ControlNone
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessSoft
>>
>>2691307
such a good photo
>>
>>2695761
Always follow love man.
>>
File: fuji-x30-main.jpg (106 KB, 500x253) Image search: [Google]
fuji-x30-main.jpg
106 KB, 500x253
I went with the Fuji X30 to replace my dying Pentax Q. The Q's the perfect travel size. The Fuji is definitely a lot less pocketable but the IQ, EVF, 1/4000 x-sync, and tilty screen will undoubtedly be a welcome. If it's good enough I might even sell off the A7.

>>2691801
>>2695761
Considered the LX100 heavily too, but the electronic zoom is unbearable and there's been exactly 0 firmware updates since it's release over a year ago. Really shows how much Panny cares :/

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Elements 11.0 Windows
Image Width596
Image Height320
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Created2014:09:11 15:14:45
Image Width555
Image Height281
>>
File: hamburg-21.jpg (555 KB, 797x1000) Image search: [Google]
hamburg-21.jpg
555 KB, 797x1000
i have about 10 "nice" pictures from my recent Trip to Hamburg, that i took with my trusty old p7000
made a new thread to not flood this one with my pics, but you guys are more than welcome to check it and tell me what you think
>>2697371

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.3 (Windows)
Image Created2015:11:03 18:14:26
>>
>>2696154
Hopefully fuji play it smart with the successor to the x30 (x70) and at least give it a sensor that is comparable to the competition standard: 1".
>>
>>2696154
>2/3" sensor
hahahahaha.
are you a hipster?
>>
What's a good mompact?

Yuo know something better than the $150 ones made for people who don't have a smartphone, but not quite as expensive/advanced as the RX1

Also an EVF is nice (moms love those) but I do realize that's not likely to happen to be in a sub-$500 camera
>>
>>2697458
Panasonic LX100 for full manual control or RX100mk3 for pocketability
>>
>>2697459
>RX100mk3
Yeah been looking at that. It would be perfect if it didn't cost $580 before VAT in my yuro cuntry
>>
>>2697460
Order it from America or something
>>
>>2697458
Fuji x30 or xq2
Mom's love film simulations, especially classic chrome. They're also nice looking.
>>
>>2697466
>especially classic chrome
do you like classic chrome isisi?
>>
>>2697467
I don't have any cameras with it, but sure.
I got my parents an XQ2 a few months ago over an X30 because it's pocketable, which encourages my dad to use it more too.

They're both very neat compacts.
>>
>>2697469
would you buy the xpro2 isisisisi?
>>
>>2697473
what is this meme you're trying and why is it so shit
>>
>>2697497
>everything is a meme
time to take a break faggot
>>
As a beginner, should i get fujix30 (less than 400usd where im from) or go for sony rx100 iii (700usd). Will be needing for travel.
>>
>>2698107
Personally, I'd prefer the RX100 III. It is very good as a compact full auto shooter.
>>
>>2693052
Haha. You mean it doesn't suffer from being owned by enough people to generate a critical mass of complaints about dust in online forums?
Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.