[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
State with the best outdoors.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7
File: a place in washington.jpg (71 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
a place in washington.jpg
71 KB, 600x300
Which state has the best environment for activities such as hiking and camping? Unfortunately, I'm not that wealthy and I'm stuck in Nebraska which completely lacks forests, natural lakes, and mountains.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>814188
I would say New York. The Adirondack Mts. are beautiful there and it isn't that hot in the summer time. It's filled with lakes and big creeks. Pic related is when I drove through Lake Placid. Nice little town. It has some hiking shops if you need anything like that.
>>
File: Blank_map_of_the_United_States.png (56 KB, 1512x1116) Image search: [Google]
Blank_map_of_the_United_States.png
56 KB, 1512x1116
>>
>>814190
Please stay out west. That's a great containment unit.
>>
>>814190
>muh West
Dude the Appalachians are amazing to hike through, as well as the forests in Tennessee. Very picturesque stuff. East is just as good as West.
>>
>>814190
Bruh, you should show this bait to the people in the fishin' threads
>>
I enjoy a bit of /k/ with my /out/ so my vote goes to every state with a coastline that isn't California, New Jersey, or Maryland.
>>
>>814190
This is 100% true. Do not come to the west we are bad for outdoors.
>>
>>814199
or rather, the states like Montana and lower
>>
Every state has /out/ areas, you just have to know where to look.

The Midwest states are tough, since they're so flat with mostly grassland, but you can find places here and there.

No reason to argue about which state is best.

My favorites are
New York
Maine
West Virginia
Kentucky
Pennsylvania

That's just where I've been out mostly,.
>>
>>814188
ALASKA
L
A
S
K
A

And by a lot.
>>
>>814190
I've been /out/ in 48 states and I have to disagree with this map
Not all of the east is shit tier, just most of it
And Idaho isn't bad
>>
File: IMG_3913.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3913.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>814215
If they come to Alaska and become a resident they qualify for the PFD. The more people here, the less money I get.

tl;dr please stay out of Alaska.
>>
>>814190
Fuck off Californifag. Minnesota, the Dakotas, and Wisconsin are not shit. The same goes for Just about everything east of the Mississippi. Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, and Pennsylvania are more out friendly that Commiefornia is in more than one respect.
>>
Wassup OP im in nebraska too
>>
File: HUURRR.png (360 KB, 453x459) Image search: [Google]
HUURRR.png
360 KB, 453x459
>>814190
>Implying Vermont and New Hampshire aren't the best states for outdoor activities
>>
File: 5086947795_14eb83d703_o-700x450.jpg (151 KB, 700x450) Image search: [Google]
5086947795_14eb83d703_o-700x450.jpg
151 KB, 700x450
>>814300
>not including Maine

w e w l a d

e

w

l

a

d
>>
File: natstate.jpg (425 KB, 800x386) Image search: [Google]
natstate.jpg
425 KB, 800x386
it's called "The natural state" for a reason...you know?!

Ever been hiking through the Ozarks? Some of the most beautiful places I've ever seen.
>>
>>814188
British Columbia
>>
>>814193
>East is just as good as West.

Having lived many years in both, I can honestly say you are full of shit.
>>
>>814188
New Mexico has a lot of nice places
>>
I've only really gone /out/ consistently in Michigan, Wisconsin, and Illinois. Of those 3, Illinois is the worst. I've been to Wyoming and Minnesota a lot though.

Michigan is actually pretty good, you have the Great Lakes, but also a few National Forests that allow dispersed camping (free). Plus none of the people from Detroit come north past Flint or Grand Rapids. And the Upper Peninsula is fucking great. Also good gun laws.

Michigan is definitely not as good as states out west though. Or Maine. Or any state in Appalachia. Or New York. Or Vermont. Or Minnesota. Maybe not even Wisconsin.
>>
>>814311
PA here. Taking a trip to Katahdin in August. Hoping it's as hype as everyone says it is. Any other trails around there I should check out? I'll have a day or two extra because Katahdin is only a day hike.
>>
>>814190
>Oklahoma is shit tier

How dare you sir. Mountains, lakes, rivers, forests, valleys, plateaus, great plains, national park.

There's a reason the government relocated the 5 major Native American tribes here. It's a wild and still largely undeveloped land
>>
Malaysia.. Jungle survival ftw.
>>
>>814188
Depends on what you're looking for, I've lived in New York all my life so I'm biased but there are a lot of nice spots : Catskills, Adirondacks, all sorts of lakes and lots of skiing and snowboarding spots
>>
>>814311
Sure, Acadia is nice in the summer, but that's it. NH and VT are nice year round.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.