[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Square Foot Gardening
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
I am going to be building a square foot garden over the fall winter season in my back yard. I used to have two huge beds back at the old house. (lived on a acre in WV, Now I am in a town house in zone 7). I figure if I want to grow anything worthwhile square foot and going vertical are my only options.

So far I am building 4-6 beds each with 6 squares in them.

Would anyone have suggestions for sellers of seeds. (heirloom or organic) Or what verity of veggies you have had a great experience with. I am ready to try more than yellow squash, zucchini, spinach, peas, and tomatoes.

Also post pictures of your garden guys!
>>
>>812988
You can find seeds online easy. But if you want to find something in your area that will for sure survive contact your local Master Gardener or ask around at a farmers market if you have one. Someone might be willing to sell you some seeds. BTW, Potatoes grow great in vertical drums. If done well a 50 lb drum can produce 40 lbs of potatoes.
>>
>>812988
see
>>812151

and learn to use: >>>/out/catalog
>>
>>813229
You do realize this was to start a general discussion on the subject of square foot gardening? I see post everyday about hiking and fishing that are repetitive. This subject after a search did not come up.
>>813097
I have tried local farmers and growers I know sadly most are very tight lipped around here. I was just hoping for suggestions of new variety to try as the options are endless. Potatoes are what I will be planting this weekend actually. Last year I got about 95lbs out of 4' of space.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.