[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How soon until someone gets lost and needs rescuing or dies playing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7
File: 025Pikachu_OS_anime_5.png (65 KB, 1254x1254) Image search: [Google]
025Pikachu_OS_anime_5.png
65 KB, 1254x1254
How soon until someone gets lost and needs rescuing or dies playing pokemon go?

>at least one rescue before the end of August this year
>>
probably won't happen, the people retarded enough to actually die from wandering around are usually the same people that cheat on games because they're bad at them.

you can just change the GPS data can't you?
>>
$5 says some pudgy white kid wanders into a ghetto and gets mugged/killed.
>>
>>811265
>you can just change the GPS data can't you?

Apparently spoofing your location gets you b&

I bet there is a way around it if you really know what you're doing but I'm referring to plebs. I'm waiting for the first causality of this game to happen. Like some idiot trying to catch a weedle on the train tracks.
>>
>>811267
Not so concerned about this, since you can usually start to sense you're in a bad area well enough before you're in the thick of it.

With the state of our property/trespassing laws in the US, I'm more concerned about someone wandering onto private property without realizing it, and end up fined or worse.
It's really easy to miss a little posted sign that's likely to be above the head of most users, likely rusted over, and nailed to a tree. (As is the custom here.)

I'm not going to miss someone shouting AYYYYYYY WHITEY! or burnt out rowhomes.
>>
>>811268
if anything happens it's probably going to be in the city rather than actually /out/

some dumbass that doesn't watch where he's going and gets hit by a car or walks through a red light.
>>
Some girl found a dead body while playing by a river didn't she?
>>
>>811302
Did she fuck it and post pictures?
>>
>>811267

That won't happen. Nobody wants a fucking Jynx
>>
>>811338
TOP KEK
>>
>>811251
would not at all be surprised

if people can somehow die in national parks while they're not preoccupied, staring down at their phone, it's only a matter of time
>>
File: ca.jpg (185 KB, 419x610) Image search: [Google]
ca.jpg
185 KB, 419x610
>>811338
>>
>>811267

$10 says some skinny black kid wanders into someones yard and gets shot/killed.
>>
>>811251

My mountains barely get cell reception.
It's gonna be a kid getting hit by a car, probably.

Or since it's a game for kids, the kids will get lost and fail to realize they can't even access the servers.
>>
>>811622
>access the servers
I read that as sewers, kek
>>
>>811639

Gotta get your Grimer and Muk at the source.
>>
File: 1464492517618.jpg (32 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1464492517618.jpg
32 KB, 480x360
>>811614
>cops get a report of a suspicious vehicle
>pull it over
>some black kids inside
>"what are you kids up to this evening"
>"well sir, were playing pokemon go, take a loo..."
>bang bang bang
>cop thinks he's raising a gun up when the kid just trying to show his pikachu
>protesters chanting "no pikachu no peace"
>skinhead says "go charizard" and throws a maltov cocktail
>/pol/'s wet dream of a racewar and day of the rope come true
>>
I heard there's been one related death already of someone actually getting hit by a fucking car.

Don't take my word for it though.

I just started playing Pokemon Go today too at work.

I just caught a fucking Rhyhorn.
>>
>>811267
already happened give me a sec to find the article
>>
>>811783
well it might have been a black kid by the name

http://www.cartelpress.com/teen-playing-pokemon-go-stabbed-mugged-iphone/
>>
Stupid people get lost all the time.
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 720x531) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 720x531
>>811784
Holy kek
>>
>>811800
It's fake you retard
>>
>>811805
I-i was only pretending
>>
Just wait until it's released in Europe.
Let's get dangerous!!
>>
>>811826
it's been released in parts of europe already.

I already caught like 60 pokemanz.
>>
>>811819
>I don’t think he had any idea where he was at or that he was being stabbed

This is what gave it away for me. That and when I checked the site it was all sensational pokemon stories like isis was crashing severs kek

I already ran into some guy playing and I was also creeping through neighborhoods looking sketchy muttering "not another fucking weedle"
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoQvu53lS3k

Ayy.
>>
>>811251
How many people have been lost playing Ingress? There are some remote portals that require several hours of hiking and cell boosters to capture.
>>
File: Untitled.png (584 KB, 916x782) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
584 KB, 916x782
>>811614
>>
>>811917
It's a guy who's afraid, that's all, see : https://medium.com/mobile-lifestyle/warning-pokemon-go-is-a-death-sentence-if-you-are-a-black-man-acacb4bdae7f
>>
>>811904
Ingress doesn't have pop culture appeal. People who play it generally understand the premise of AR games and have a better understanding of what they're getting themselves into.

Meanwhile, people who play PGo understand that there's another monster just on the edge of the map, and yeah I've been hiking for 6 hours and it's already started getting dark, but this is the last one, I promise!
>>
>>811759
>WE
>>
>>811920
You're saying that it'll lead to Darwin awards? If so, promote the fuck outta this game. I'll even start playing if it'll help.
>>
>>811917
>>811918
>Pokemon GO could be a death sentence for a Black man
No, nigger - being black could be a death sentence for a black man. It doesn't matter what you're doing.
>>
>>811917
Yet, if I see a black guy in a suit like that, I don't think thug...
>>
>>811784
>Chicago
He's lucky he only got stabbed
>>
File: Screenshot_20160710-105124.png (919 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160710-105124.png
919 KB, 1440x2560
does this count?
>>
>>811969
sleep tight meller
>>
>>811922
>WUZ

>>811969
Link fgt
>>
>>811947
If you cop an attitude and don't cooperate with the police.
>>
>>812061
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/pokemon-go-uk-release-date-teenager-finds-dead-body-playing-game-a7128441.html
>>
>>812061
SHALL
>>
>>812085
NOT
>>
>>812082
Damn
>>812134
BE
>>
http://gizmodo.com/armed-robbers-used-pokemon-go-to-find-9-victims-1783416898
>>
I just downloaded the app. Am I going to be able to find pokemon innawoods or do I have to be in the city? I don't want to road walk. I prefer walking in the woods.
>>
>>812296
C-C-COMBO BREAKER'd
>>
>>812342

If it's random woods you'll find nothing but ratatas, pidgeys and zubats. To find actual good pokes you'll need to be in a recognized public park or similar area.
>>
>>811920
You gotta risk it all to catch 'em all, my nigga
>>
not soon enough
>>
>>812311
Criminals are resourceful, I'll give them that. They probably got caught because they were greedy and lazy and didn't go to another poke stop.
>>
got gps spoofing working

it's one thing if you're in a dense city area with tons of locations, but it's hardly worth it to be going across town every day for an imaginary item

shortly it will be taken over like any other game by morons willing to waste money on things that do not exist, if only to hinder the efforts of other people trying to play

I'll take actual nature over it any day
>>
>>812533
How did you spoof? I have an app that I've used before but I don't want to get b&
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.