[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok its time for a new pack. My old pack is from the 80s and lost
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (7 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
7 KB, 480x360
Ok its time for a new pack. My old pack is from the 80s and lost in my storage unit somewhere.

There is a retired outfitter in Santa Fe NM who sells gear for cheap out of his house but it is all at least ten or more years old and much of it 20 years old.

What improvements am I missing out on if I get one of his older used high end packs?
>>
oh good, just what we need, a 527th active pack thread

look in the catalog you stupid useless fucking faggot

>inb4 umad?
goddamn right i'm mad
>>
>>810062
This is about used packs and older tech.
>>
how about the flextrek 27,000,000,000,000 WHIPSNAKE edition?
>>
>>810076
This is a topic that has not been discussed here anon.
>>
>>810084
old pack v new pack has ABSOLUTELY been discussed here you fucking retard. over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

and no matter how special you think you are and how minutely different this op is from another op this conversation belongs in one of the 9001 existing pack threads. so i repeat FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK OOOOOOFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>810085
This is used packs anon.
>>
>>810086
>used vs new
>civilian vs military
>modular vs nonmodular
all still packs vs pack you numb cunt

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK OOOOOOFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>810086
The other one is right. Not every minute change in question allow for a new thread.

You're just snowflaking.
>>
>>810000
>>810018
>>
Op thank you! Don't listen to fags.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (15 KB, 464x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15 KB, 464x360
>>810087
>used vs new
The others you mention I have seen but this one ? No.
In three years on this board I have never seen a used vs new backpack thread.
>>
>>810283
then you're blind, forgetful, or aren't here as much as you claim because i have seen it many times.
>>
>>810293
Really , a dedicated thread about buying used backpacks?
Never have I seen that
>>
>>810098
> givzn the quality of /out/...

OP, you have degraded NOTHING.

If any of these posers were truely outdoorsmen they would be on atv.com, backpackinglight.com, 4x4.com or any number of truely dedicated sites that are serios focal points of true users.

I only come here to shitpost anymore.

/out/ was special, but now people get called autistic for actually using thier gear and posting about it.

Even serious threads are deleted by mods that I HAVE NO DOUBT don't go /out/.

> this is a shit thread on a shit board
> shitpost away
>>
>>810297
I believe they've even involved this exact same gear refurbisher. unless there are multiple retired adventurers living in new mexico well known for doing that. it also comes up in almost every long backpack thread. and other used gear generals. it certainly doesn't deserve a thread of it's own.
>>
>>810299
>I only come here to shitpost anymore.

or you could be proactive and start working to bringing /out/ back to the way it was. but it'll mean being mean to dumbfucks for a while until the paradigm here has returned towards real questions, a board not flooded with redundant threads, and productive sharing of info and oc.
>>
>>810303
> proactive

I've done that, youngling. The /out/ I knew is as doomed as the America I knew.

But stay in denial.
>>
File: 6481_26453_485.jpg (33 KB, 485x341) Image search: [Google]
6481_26453_485.jpg
33 KB, 485x341
Ok , I get that people are mad that I made this thread and I must have missed a ton of used backpack threads.

Is there is chance that we can still have a discussion about used back packs say about 15 years old?
Does anyone have a pack from around 2001 that they just love?
>>
>>810329
> a chance

Not if I can shitpost about it.
>>
>>810329
>Is there is chance that we can still have a discussion about used back packs
yes.
in the backpack thread you stupid fucking cocksucker.
>>
>>810335
I think you have made your point by now my friend.
>>
>>810329
I've got a MEC Weeping Wall daypack from around 1991 that I absolutely love. Not just because it's been around the world with me in my 20s but because I love the design. Don't really like most modern packs, everything's either overspecialized with minimal attachment points or it's completely covered in molle.

I was thinking of asking about restoring it (mostly cleaning off what's left of the peeling coating so I can re-coat it with silicone or something) because otherwise it's still in decent shape. But after seeing how this thread went I don't think I'll bother
>>
>>810359
clearly i haven't, since all these fucking mongs like >>810397 keep flocking here.
>>
>>810397
>>810397
>cleaning off what's left of the peeling coating

This could be tricky , probably a combination of solvent and mechanical action but figuring out the right solvent could be really tough\impossible
>>
>>810402
>one guy
>he flocked here

I was thinking about flocking over to /fa/ where I hear they have an outdoorsy fits thread.
>>
>>810082
Personally I use the sidewinder I series

But flextrex is is top of the line. I don't buy into the newest fads that's why I always buy the newest flextrek product.
>>
>>810478
How is that I-series holding up?

Anybody own the french wedge?
>>
>>810299
I go to backpackinglight.com and http://www.summitpost.org/
As well as a plethora of dedicated forums in my first language, I also hit out.

How you use this board is your choice. You choose to shit in it and complain for the smell?

Sure, it's not the best for getting advice if you're a very experienced hiker, but plenty of newbies come here, more than any other board I've attended. I choose to help them out when I am able.
>>
>>810483
Lee crevasse? Pretty hard to pull off if your no Steve Climber
>>
>>810515
Mother Teresa is that you?
>>
>>810059

There have been no significant improvements in packs in at least 15 years.
If you find a nice used one , then get it.
>>
>>810565
This isn't true.

Mine has straps and buckles and is different and better or they would all be the same.

Btw, mine's not for sale, so get stuffed.
>>
>>810558
Yes my child.
>>
>>810573
What pack do you have?
>>
>>810578
How the fuck am I suppposed to know?

It's 15-20 y/o and fits all the op criteria and I'm taunting op for being a stupid head.
>>
File: download.jpg (7 KB, 213x236) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7 KB, 213x236
>>810478
I only need to haul some clothes and snacks.
Dont really need to humiliate the environment.
I feel a lesser pack would be just fine for me.
>>
>>811017
How many french wedge© le crevase™s do you need?

I only eash mine once every french week (24 days)
>>
So instead of a semi-redundant but on topic thread we have yet another shitposting fest on the first page. It's like you want the frogposters to win.
>>
Newer packs seem to have a lot more compartments.
>>
>>811144
My experience is exactly opposite.
I guess it depends on which kinds of packs you're looking at, which brands and what price ranges.
>>
>>811151
I am looking for the biggest pack I can get.
I want to be able to use it for a 4 day trip or have it as a checked bag for a trip to london.
>>
>>811232
Rhen get a 140+ liter duffel bag and stop being a faggot.
>>
>>811151
One nice thing about an older pack is the cordura material that lasts forever.
The new packs are lighter but not as durable.
>>
>>811274
That's true. Still the non UL modern packs are durable enough for my needs. Guess it's a matter of priorities.
>>
Where can you get used packs?
>>
File: 2014-02-26-macadamea-nuts.jpg (137 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
2014-02-26-macadamea-nuts.jpg
137 KB, 1024x1024
>>811273
I am looking at 70 to 90 liters
>>
>>811279
What price range are those and what do they weight more or less?
>>
>>811891
Ultra light packs are essentially a tiny duffel made of egshells.

Milsurp fags enjoy gear that was made 40 years ago but don't care
>>
>>811895
Would you say that cordura is right about in between those two?
>>
File: 18.jpg (39 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
18.jpg
39 KB, 720x480
>>811151
What packs have you seen with the MOST possible pockets?
I really like pockets.
>>
>>811324
Craigslist
Ebay
Play it again sports
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.