[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Aarn Packs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: Fruntpack.jpg (88 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Fruntpack.jpg
88 KB, 600x450
What does /out/ think of this kind of pack? Ultra-Marathon runners use basically smaller versions of this, why not hiking? I want to find a problem with it, but so far all I've got is that it's hideous. Does anyone know of other brands/have ideas about how to make one easily?
>>
...Anonymous
07/07/16(Thu)10:21:50 No.810062
oh good, just what we need, a 527th active pack thread

look in the catalog you stupid useless fucking faggot

>inb4 umad?
goddamn right i'm mad
>>
>>810052
Honestly I can't come up with a real criticism for why that kind of pack wouldn't work for backpacking. It would be hot and sweaty on your torso, but that's just a comfort thing really. Seems like it would balance better. Harder to get on and off. Easier to access a map and water bottle on the go. Just spitballing here
>>
>>810068
>It would be hot and sweaty on your torso, but that's just a comfort thing really.

That's a real concern and far from a comfort only thing. In cold weather sweating while active means freezing while you stop for a rest.

More sweat = drinking more water, which means you carry more, especially in hikes where water is not abundant.

From the looks of it my guess if that the forward weight burdens the shoulders much more % wise than the back one. Since you're leaning forward while hiking with a pack, less of the weight can be transmitted to the waist.

Makes actions like bending down to pick up something or tie your shoes clumsier, the same with taking a piss for males.

Blocks the view of where exactly you're setting your foot, in some terrain that's outright dangerous.

Hinders your ability to climb/scramble using your hands.

In fact using your hands for anything becomes uncomfortable, opening a map, eating a sandwich or a chocolate bar...

Smaller rigs that just take some maps and a camera are acceptable and have few of the above listed problems.
>>
>>810078
sold. I'm done contemplating this pack.
>>
>>810064
>goddamn right i'm mad
Cause you own the place, sperg ?
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.