[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Army Poncho
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (104 KB, 449x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104 KB, 449x700
I scored a free military poncho like pic related. It's Vietnam vintage and in decent shape but it has several pin sized holes in it.

Can I patch all these? If so what with? Would it even be worth it?

Thanks.
>>
>>807894
> can I patch holes
> how
> is a ponch that doesn't leak worth it

Yes.
Silicone.
Yes.
>>
>>807894
it's a versatile piece of kit. rain gear, pack cover, shelter, quasi-bivy, ground sheet, ponchos are the shit. You could use tenacious tape or high quality duct tape. I personally can't attest to silicone, but it seems like a good call.
>>
>>807897
> is a ponch that doesn't leak worth it

I know it's worth it. I was wondering cost of a new one versus labor to fix it.

How would I go about using silicone? Just dab it on there or use it as an adhesive for some rubber patches?
>>
>>807894
although heavier, these are far superior to the later style issue ponchos...good score.
it's always worth taking care/maintaining your equipment.
>>
>>808009
> how

Here's a question: how fucking retarded are you that you can't firgure out silicone?
>>
>>808009
> .vs labor

Are you also factoring in the amount of time spent asking retared questions on 4chan and adding in the price of a fucking tube of RTV in addition to the 38 seconds it will take to dab several holes?

Because "internet labor" time out of your valuable schedule might just push this over the top!
>>
File: image.jpg (291 KB, 1649x1029) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
291 KB, 1649x1029
>>808104
You better cool your fucking jets pretty boy, don't make me doxx you and find where you live and come and fuck you and your girl. Would you like that? Would like me fucking your girl as she screams in ecstasy over my very large and succulent pee pee? Would you look at it just as admirably as she did? Well that makes you gay pretty boy. You big homosexual. just remember, don't ever argue with a master sniper who can snipe your blue balls from a different planet and live off the land for a century. Don't ever reply to me again please.
>>
>>808104
>>808109
Why reply? Does it honestly bother you that somebody asks questions? If you don't like the thread then just hide it.
>>
>>808095
That's what I figured, which is why I wanted to fix it. Thanks.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.