[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
cooking a steak perfect?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 37
File: IMAG3251.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1840) Image search: [Google]
IMAG3251.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1840
I feel like a smu/ck/
Did I overcook my steak?
Does a steak have to be bloody to be considered perfectly cooked?
The steak was room temp when it went on the grill. would keeping the steak in the fridge cold until putting onto the grill make it stay bloody in the middle?

trying to get it right for the summer...
thanks
>>
File: IMAG3253.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1840) Image search: [Google]
IMAG3253.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1840
>>
File: IMAG3254.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1840) Image search: [Google]
IMAG3254.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1840
>>
File: IMAG3256.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1840) Image search: [Google]
IMAG3256.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1840
>>
File: afterburner_steaks.jpg (16 KB, 167x233) Image search: [Google]
afterburner_steaks.jpg
16 KB, 167x233
I like to get the coals super duper hot and put the steak on when it's still chilled (or even still slightly frozen inside †bh ƒam) so I get a nice carmelized delicious crust onna outside and the inside borders one rare/medium rare.

These little cha'coal chimneys do a great job for this sorta thing.
>>
>>805702
Looks okay to me anon.
>>
>>805702
fuck... sorry meant to post to ck.....dammit. mods feel free to kill thread

thanks guys
>>
>>805711
never thought of that...good one anon
>>
File: 1458151813458.jpg (49 KB, 728x813) Image search: [Google]
1458151813458.jpg
49 KB, 728x813
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdnQ0nO3AcY
>>
>>805702
Only a 16 year old autist would tell you a steak needs to be "bloody" in the middle in order to be "perfect."

>1) There is no "perfect" steak
Everyone prefers their steaks cooked in a different way. Not to mention the fact that the word "steak" refers to HOW the meat is cut, not which specific cut it is. A filet mignon would do well cooked medium rare, while a top round would be best cooked through in a stew, steak or no.

>2) It's not blood
It's water + protein, a substance called myoglobin. Anyone who calls it "blood" may as well just be LARPing.

>3) The reason medium rare is typically seen as "perfect" is because it's the lowest temperature where all the fat renders.
When you have a good marbled steak, you want the fat to render off into flavorful juices. If your steak is too cool, it will just be a white chewy mess. Some tougher meats have cartilage and collagen, which will become soft gelatin when cooked for a long period at a low temperature (see top round above).
>>
>>805743
>this
>>
>>805702
Rare is best because juice and texture. That said, well done or even overcooked steak is still fuckin awesome.

>can't get enough of that wonderful cow flesh
>>
>>805702
>Did I overcook my steak?
not at all

personally I would have gone a little longer, more of a medium

I don't get why people cook a steak at all if they want it to be basically raw inside....the point of cooking it, is to cook it

>The steak was room temp
you shouldn't be defrosting meat outside of the fridge, it needs to be kept cold right up until cooking for food safety reasons
>>
>>805702
The only acceptable way to cook steak is to roast it for atleast 45 minutes over full flame, then drench it with ketchup
>>
>>805702
There's nothing wrong with actually cooking your meat, I think it tastes better than trying to chew your way through the raw center
>>
>>805764

Wrong

You take it out and let it reach near room temperature before you're going to cook it

That is common knowledge among chefs
>>
>>805787
maybe chefs who were never certified in food safety or don't care to practice it
>>
>>805785
>trying to chew your way through the raw center
Buy better filets
>>
>>805808

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmC9SmCBUj4

Again, wrong

But feel free to talk out of your gapingly loose ass more
>>
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 509x566) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 509x566
>>
>>805878
yeah pretty much this imho
>>
>>805872
still waiting for a link to an actual governing authority stating raw meat should be allowed to well exceed the maximum safe storage temp before cooking
>>
>>805702
perfect stake recipe:
prepare prime aged steak by salting and peppering it just before cooking
1-1.5 minute each side on searing hot pan add some butter and garlic
preheated oven at 180C 3.5 minute each side you can slosh the garlic butter on it it's even better
rest 5 minutes loosely covered
>>
>>805726
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YxTOU_ry3g
>>
>>805898
This is fucking d'licious. I do this all the time. To elaborate, what I do is put my cast iron skillet inna oven and preheat it to 550ºF/280ºC. When it's hot, I take the skillet out (DON'T FORGET YOU NEED OVEN MITTS 100% OF THE TIME OR YOU'LL LOSE YOUR FUCKING HAND) and put it on the stove burner for another 5mins or so, until it's smoking and emitting ridiculous visible heat waves. Slap the staik on there and listen to it scream for 90secs. flip it over for another 90secs, then toss it in the volcano-hot oven for ~2mins (depends how thick it is), flip it for another ~2mins in the volcano). Take it out and let it rest for about 10mins, this is a good time to plop your garlic butta on it if you're into that shit.

Steakhouse good, every time. Not good to do on hot days, the house will potentially be filled with all kinds of oven exhaust and smoke as well (I always have to remove the smoke detectors, as they tend to go off before I even put the steak in!).

That's innahouse though and this is /out/... so, whatever.
>>
File: tWWnpGy.jpg (11 KB, 613x247) Image search: [Google]
tWWnpGy.jpg
11 KB, 613x247
>>805893
You are a massive faggot if you need a governing authority to tell you how to cook
>>
File: 1310408441466.jpg (4 KB, 251x251) Image search: [Google]
1310408441466.jpg
4 KB, 251x251
>>805893

>has 3 michelin stars
>isnt a governing authority

You are an absolute faggot
>>
>>805915
>>
>>805916

Michelin throwin' down tires and steaks since '89
>>
>>805908
>>805915

right...cause who needs to make regulations to make sure people keep raw and cooked foods separate, or wash their hands after using the bathroom, or bother to clean work surfaces...infringing on peoples' freedoms is all that is

in other words, you cannot provide a single valid source to backup those claims (despite that apparently many chefs practice it), while I can provide plenty, among them the FDA and the National Restaurant Association
>>
>>805929
>>805929

5 star restaurants/chefs are held to the highest scrutiny when it comes to health standards.If resting meat was even an issue, you wouldn't hear the best chef in the world telling you to do it.

Also, you'd hear about it more in the news, and it would be a huge topic of discussion.

You're a fucking moron
>>
>>805961
>best chef in the world

>You're a fucking moron
>>
Lots of good, and not so good advice ITTY. I like to keep it simple.

Get a good cut of steak. I like Ribeye. Look for lots of marbling, white streaks through the steak. USDA choice is a label to look for, USDA Prime even better.

Let it get close to room temp before cooking.

Salt and pepper before cooking. A little bit more salt than you'd expect to use. Sea salt works best, with the coarse crystals.

Grill on high. Make sure the grill is hot, real got before putting it on.

Now throw the steaks on. I keep a 1.5 inch steak on for 90 seconds, rotate 90 degrees, and another 90 seconds. (Rotation makes the nice grill marks), flip and repreat. Makes a nice medium rare.

Next step, this may be the most imprortant. Take steaks off grill, and let them rest. Don't touch them. The juices are circulating and still cooking. This rest should last as long as the steak was cooked. This allows the juices you settle. You won't ever get that red juice seeping out with a proper rest. The juice will thicken and taste like glorious butter.

Now after the rest, enjoy.

To recap:

Salt and pepper before on meat.

Room temp steaks on hot grill.

3 minutes a side (for 1.5 inch thick)

Let rest 6 minutes.

Enjoy.
>>
>>805808
>Food safety
Does it trigger you that I never wash my hands after handling raw meat? Does it trigger you more that I've never gotten sick from it?
>>
>>806002
Beef is pretty safe though, right? Especially steaks and real cuts, not ground beef as much.

But the FDA is a bunch of pussies anyway.
>>
>>806002
>Beef is pretty safe though, right?
Not him but yes, yes it is. The biggest reason meats are considered volatile is because of the processing - chikens are rife with e.coli and salmonella because it thrives in their cloacas and shit and pens, and by extension their skin and feathers. it's almost impossible to slaughter a chicken (certainly not at the industrial farm level) without wholly contaminating the meat with the guts and gizzards and shit of the chicken. pork is a lesser risk but same thing - they're dirty animals and when you make shit like pork sausage a lot of "undesirable" parts get ground-up in there and the sausage MUST be kept cold and cooked thoroughly.

Beef doesn't have any of that - cows aren't rife with bacteria the way chiggins and pigs are, but even then the slaughtering process for beef doesn't have the same risk of contamination. Any meat left "warm" will grow cultures of bacteria, but beef is actually pretty much the safest if handled and cooked reasonably. Even wild caugh fish can be eaten as sushi even at room temperature because the lack of contamination (so long as it's handled properly and not cross-contaminated). Farm fish and long-term "frozen" fish stocks are riskier.

Beef cuts are pretty safe, processed/ground beef less so, fresh cuts of pork fairly safe, processed pork not safe, fresh cuts of chicken/poulty not safe.

As far as the FDA does, red tape is red tape but the FDA decrees the right thing 90% of the time. If we all farmed our own food the rules would be different but we trust factory farms to do it so rules is rules.
>>
>>806006
whüps this goes to >>806003 of course
>>
>>805764
>I don't get why people cook a steak at all if they want it to be basically raw inside
Because you add a bit of flavor while not ruining the taste

>you shouldn't be defrosting meat outside of the fridge
Okay so you're an idiot who doesn't know about steaks. No wonder you eat all your steaks medium.
>>
>>806006
FDA regulations also aren't updated very quickly. Pork, for instance, used to carry trichinosis, which is why your mom still cooks it until it's so dry it sticks. That's what the FDA told her to do. In reality, you have less than a 1 in 150 million chance of contacting trichinosis from undercooked pork due to modern farming techniques. I cook my pork tenderloin medium rare with some butter and thyme, and it really gives filet mignon a run for its money at a fraction of the cost.
>>
>>805787
this is so true...advocating cooking very cold or frozen steak is pure retardation
>>
File: images.jpg (3 KB, 125x121) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
3 KB, 125x121
>>805808
mfw the last restaurant you went to the chef scratched his bare balls before handling your steak
>>
>>806011
Yup - this is definitely true, at least from everything I've seen and read about it. I literally fight my mom (not with fists) to this day to allow me to cook po'k to ~140ºF and she insists on like 180º. I made a really beautiful (and expensive) po'k roast once for her and the internal temp was over-the-top at 155º and she wouldn't eat it - she put in the fucking microwave bllllaaargh!!

Anyway, yes - the FDA is a bureaucracy and the responsibility they have is vast, so they're always on the cautious side. Even so... pic related
>>
File: 1311947915015.jpg (56 KB, 285x298) Image search: [Google]
1311947915015.jpg
56 KB, 285x298
>>805992
>Get a good cut of steak. I like Ribeye. Look for lots of marbling, white streaks through the steak.

mfw sc/out/ suggests buying fatty beef (likely steriod-pumped from a grocery store) instead of hunting your own meat and cooking pure lean and clean venison tenderloin steaks
>>
>>806016
Yes, it's now lowered, but by 2011 trichinosis had been eliminated from pork for at least 20 years. Probably much longer.
>>
File: venison-tenderloin-medalions.jpg (193 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
venison-tenderloin-medalions.jpg
193 KB, 1024x768
>>805702

with venison it's a crime to cook more than medium rare and rare is better
it doesn't have the fat content to go more than that
1.5-2 min per side max depending on thickness
>>
>>806021
yup, prolly
>>
File: geeps_kh.png (23 KB, 261x195) Image search: [Google]
geeps_kh.png
23 KB, 261x195
>>806022
†bh nobody cares how you cook your stinky garbagemeat, anon
>>
>>806016
this is the truth.
however, don't do this with bear meat where the risk of trich is much higher
>>
>>806025
Fuck you, I care.

>>806022
Got any venison recipes, anon? I've been trying to get a few ready for deer season later this year.
>>
File: anon is a giant faggot.jpg (34 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
anon is a giant faggot.jpg
34 KB, 413x395
>>806025
>venison
>stinky garbagemeat
>/out/

kek

>>806038
Yes indeed, too busy atm but I'll start a new thread for this later tonight. Good idea!
>>
>>805702
how is this /out/, who cooks steak while /out/

I go vegan while out.
>>
>>806025
venison is not forgiving but it is amazing...you just proved you don't know how to cook
>>
>>806048
I think this thread is pretty much in the realm of /out/, it's certainly /out/ in comparison to the overall context of 4chan, because it's all about barbecues and cooking outside, and by extention it dovetails nicely with the hunters and fisherminn that fill this board. Don't be narrow anon, this is a good thread.

But I'm curious - what is it you do to be vegan /out/? Legit want to hear about it actually...
>>
Gotta be warm on the outside and colder on the inside. Any other way is shit.
>>
File: salami_hi_five.png (25 KB, 493x402) Image search: [Google]
salami_hi_five.png
25 KB, 493x402
>>806051
confirmed necrophiliac
>>
>>806048

Don't talk about being a vegan. It isn't /out/ related you twat

Back to cooking the bounty of our hunt, medium rare all the way cunts
>>
File: worms-in-apple.jpg (60 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
worms-in-apple.jpg
60 KB, 640x480
>>806067
>bounty of our hunt, medium rare
do you cook wild hare/rabbit medium rare? can you do that? Don't they have little worms and bacterioids and shit?
>>
>>805702
Well done all the way. But I rarely eat steak, shit destroys my bowels everytime I eat it. The more rare it is the more pain I have to endure. Well done surely helps cut down the pain.

>inb4 ruined
>inb4 nigger detected.
>>
File: image.png (212 KB, 1305x892) Image search: [Google]
image.png
212 KB, 1305x892
>>806128
You ruined it you fucking nigger
>>
>>806128
what kind of shit rancid diseased steak you eat?
>>
>>806018
Venison is fucking orgasmic.

I can't fucking get it anywhere in my town, fuck QLD.
>>
>>805915
>>has 3 michelin stars
He has like 15.
>>
File: smug.jpg (135 KB, 1600x990) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
135 KB, 1600x990
>>805872
mfw my gf makes better steak than gordon fucking ramsay does
>>
>>806154
he is very close tho i will give him that near perfect.
>>
>>806148
3 is the maximum, buddy
>>
>>806148

He himself has 3

His restaurants have like 15
>>
>>806148
>He has like 15.
Divided by like 45 restaurants.

"Total Michelin stars for Gordon Ramsay Holdings Ltd." is a meaningless metric.
>>
File: JUICY.jpg (83 KB, 1280x674) Image search: [Google]
JUICY.jpg
83 KB, 1280x674
I really like this outdoor cooking channel, everything they make looks so good. Fuck I want to eat that steak so bad.
>>
>>806713

oops here is the link, its like food ASMR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtSSsu9u5YY
>>
File: 1463359140133.jpg (213 KB, 814x294) Image search: [Google]
1463359140133.jpg
213 KB, 814x294
>>805787
>>805872
>>806012

Absolutely incorrect.

Food safety shit aside, there is absolutely no reason to 'let a steak sit at room temp' before cooking it because it would take an absurdly long amount of wait to let the whole piece of meat warm up to 70F from the fridge (we're talking hours or more, not 10+ minutes).

Maybe you should learn to cook before lecturing others.

See related,

http://www.seriouseats.com/2015/05/food-lab-how-to-grill-steak-cuts-of-steak-marbling-salting-charcoal-technique-resting-tips.html

>Q: I've heard people tell me to pull my steaks out and let them come to room temperature before cooking them. Is there any merit in that?

>A:...I found that with a thick steak, even after two hours of sitting out at room temperature, the center of the steak had risen by a measly 19 degrees or so, not even 15% of the way to its final target temperature. Not only that, but when cooked side by side with a steak straight from the fridge, the end results were completely indistinguishable.

>Here's the issue: Steak can't brown until most of the moisture has evaporated from the layers of meat closest to the surface, and it takes a hell of a lot of energy to evaporate moisture. To put it in perspective. It takes five times more energy to convert a single gram of water into steam than it does to raise the temperature of that water all the way from ice cold to boiling hot. So when searing a steak, the vast majority of energy that goes into it is used to evaporate moisture from its surface layers. Next to that energy requirement, a 20, 30, or even 40 degree difference in the temperature of the surface of the meat is a piddling affair.

>The Takeaway: Don't bother letting your steaks rest at room temperature.
>>
>>806783
That's why you take it out at lunch when you plan on coming it for dinner, newb.

Do you only plan 10 minutes in advance for things?
>>
>>806792

>the end results were completely indistinguishable.

I don't commute home from work to remove a steak from my fridge for no reason, so no.
>>
>>806792
*Cooking

Phones suck to shitpost on.

Not to mention cooking it isn't simply browning the surface. Cooking a steak involves rendering the fat into delicious juices, which is MUCH easier when the meat is at room temperature.
>>
>>806793
>He eats red meat and steak every day of the week.

This is a Saturday meal, friend. Or better yet, an /out/ meal.
>>
>>806794
>>806796

>the end results were completely indistinguishable.

Your 500 degree grill / cast iron pan doesn't give a shit what temp your steak is at.
>>
File: 1464363313862.jpg (197 KB, 600x709) Image search: [Google]
1464363313862.jpg
197 KB, 600x709
http://www.seriouseats.com/2013/06/the-food-lab-7-old-wives-tales-about-cooking-steak.html

>After two hours, I decided I'd reached the limit of what is practical, and had gone far beyond what any book or chef recommends, so I cooked the two steaks side by side. For the sake of this test, I cooked them directly over hot coals until seared, then shifted them over to the cool side to finish.* Not only did they come up to their final temperature at nearly the same time (I was aiming for 130°F), but they also showed the same relative evenness of cooking, and they both seared at the same rate.
>>
>>806797
From one anecdote to another, it does.

Also, you don't cook a fucking steak at 500 degrees. Butter burns at 350.
>>
>>806800

>implying you cook your steak in butter

Again, you prove you don't know shit about cooking.

If you cook a steak in a pan, you cook it with a high smoke point oil like canola until it's just about done, and then you finish with butter so that it doesn't burn.

It's like you don't know shit about anything involving meat.

Are you a chef? No? Then you have no leg to stand on.
>>
>>806803
You're a goddam retard. Classic French method is to cook in butter, basting constantly, covered in salt, pepper, and thyme.

What the fuck am I even engaging you for? You obviously have no idea what you're talking about, and get your information from gearfag Shun wankers.
>>
>>806803
Seriously. Show me a French chef who takes canola fucking oil seriously and I'll fuck my own mother.

Fuck, you're stupid. Holy shit.
>>
>>806804
This, watched Chef Gordon Ramsay do just this on YouTube today.
>>
>>806804
>>806805

If you want to cook at low temp and get a shit sear like in the OP, then yes, you can cook in butter for the whole time.

Show me one of your great steaks, on wait, you can't. :^)

Who should I trust, some morons on a hiking board who jerk off over some fancy knives their mothers bought them, or legitimate sources backed up by my own personal experience?
>>
>>806807
>Insult him with the Shun meme
>He doesn't get it and tries to do it back
Confirmed for cooking on an electric range with Teflon
>>
>>806803
Red Seal chef here, you are a fucking retard. I'd run you right the fuck out of my kitchen.
>>
>>806806
It's like the first lesson you learn in culinary school. This anon thinks he's hot shit for using rape seed oil under the name of Canadian Oil.
>>
>>806809
>>806810

>implying I buy shun

Look ma, I can name brands too, see, wustof!

You still haven't shown me any pictures of your shit steaks.

I bet you poke the steak with your finger instead of taking the temp with a thermometer too, just like gordon ramsay lel.

Maybe I should start taking cooking advice from guy fieri too, he's on TV so he must be legit.

>>806811

>going to culinary school

fucking LOL
>>
>>806803
Not a chef, just some schmuck who knows you're a faggot.

I bet you drench everything in EVOO because "antioxidants".
>>
>>806811
Red Seal chef here, I season my cast iron and steel skillets with canola and don't use it for much else
>>
>>806813

Nope, but I bet you use """"""""""""""""""""""italian"""""""""""""" olive oil because you think it's legit.

Still waiting for a picture of your shitty steaks, my friend.
>>
>>806812
Where are your Michelin star restaurants located your magnificence
>>
>>806815
>Implying anyone is going to go buy a steak and cook it at 1am on July 4th weekend to win an internet on 4chan

You keep saying that as though you think it means you're more legitimate. All it really does is make you seem autistic.
>>
>>806818
Lol, kekkled
>>
>>806816

>implying I'm retarded enough to work in a restaurant

I value my free time and don't enjoy being poor, thanks.

It's CURRENT YEAR, anybody can read enough cooking theory online to become sufficiently skilled to cook a good steak at home.

>>806818

>implying I meant you needed to cook it now

I think you're the one with the autism, friend.
>>
>>806818
>>806816

Still waiting for a pic of your steak that you let thaw for 12 hours cooking in a 200 F pan with butter.
>>
>>806815
This is the equivalent of, "ASK MY MA!!!!!??!!" Good grief you are embarassing
>>
>>806823

Do you have proof your method is legit?

No?

Because I linked proof with actual evidence, all you have is anecdotes.

Please attach pic of steak cooked via your method of allowing 12 hours of thaw followed by butter in 200F pan.
>>
>>806821
Ohhh, I get it. You're one of those "people" who range pictures of every halfway decent meal they've ever prepared because Instagram needs them.

Got it.

Sorry, bud, I don't have any ebin steak pics saved on my iPhone 3g s.
>>
>>806822
You're talking to more than one person chum, and we cook in Celcius here you fucking sperg
>>
>>806825

>using an iphone 3G

I wouldn't take pics of my steaks if I had to eat them on paper plates with plastic silverware, either.

>>806826

>implying unit of measurement matters

Look ma, I can use strawmans to distract from the point that I'm wrong too.

Still waiting for pics of your steaks.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-03-00-59-03.png (131 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-03-00-59-03.png
131 KB, 720x1280
>>806824
You linked a fucking anecdote, dumbass! And are you really so dense to think you're only taking to one person?
>>
>>806829

I linked evidence, he used thermometers and proved resting doesn't matter worth shit because it would take an absurd amount of time to come up to room temp.

I don't know if that guy did it in that article, but he often does blind taste tests as well, which is a hell of a lot more evidence than you have.

You don't even have a pic of your steak, do you?
>>
>>806828
>He took the iPhone bait
Anon... I use the cheapest Android crap the cheapest cell provider give me. Do you exclusively go /out/ in a camper with a hook-up and wifi?
>>
>>806824
Ask my ma!!!! She'll prove it!!!
>>
File: cl.png (108 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
cl.png
108 KB, 228x221
>>806807
>>806812
>>806815
>>806822
>>806824
>>806828
>requests pics of other anons' steaks 6 (six) times
>offers no pics of his own steaks
hmmm...
>>
>>806830
>Incorrect use of the term "resting"
Now I know you're full of shit. If you really think you can get the equivalent of a culinary school education by reading blogs by single moms, I suggest you hit wikipedia a few more times. Good grief.
>>
>>806830
I earned a Red Seal, you did not. Accept that you are wrong. But you will not.
>>
>>806831

>I-I WAS ONLY PRETENDING TO BE POOR
>implying I bring steaks when I go camping

I don't """""""""""""""""""""""""""camp"""""""""""""""""""""""""" in an RV, so I don't cook steaks when I'm outside.

What does that have to do with cooking technique, anyways?

Steak pics?

>>806832
>>806833
>>806834
>>806833
>>806836

Steak pics?

>>806834

>implying you can't use the term resting to discuss a steak sitting out before, or after, cooking

Steak pics?
>>
File: TOPKEK.jpg (4 KB, 240x144) Image search: [Google]
TOPKEK.jpg
4 KB, 240x144
>mfw this entire thread
>>
>>806838
Honestly...
>>
File: 1459892808525.jpg (2 MB, 7680x4320) Image search: [Google]
1459892808525.jpg
2 MB, 7680x4320
If you guys can even come up with a single blog post written on tumblr with more evidence proving that resting steak matters worth a single shit than articles I linked using actual evidence, I will cede defeat, until then, steak pics?

I'll check back tomorrow now that I've shitposted this shitty thread to death.
>>
>>806837
Still using that term incorrectly, I see.

And I'm not so sure admitting to buying literally the cheapest option counts as "pretending to be poor" after baiting you with Instagram.

Go tweet to your three followers (mom, dad, and your cat, whose Twitter account you "ironically" created)
>>
>>806840
Is this really your eighth request for a picture without providing any of your own? Tsk tsk.
>>
>>806830
>>806837
>>806840
steak pics?
>>
>>806842
9th (or 11th, if you count >>806837 as 3)
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 482x356) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 482x356
>>806843
Plebs
>>
>>806840
Because normal human beings rely on blog posts and shitty serious eats writers for technical cooking technique and theory.
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 480x360
>>806845
Forgot my timestamp, sorry guys
>>
File: 1447447497998.jpg (442 KB, 1279x1706) Image search: [Google]
1447447497998.jpg
442 KB, 1279x1706
Medium well or well done, only.
>fucking white people
>>
>>805702
Looks raw
>>
>>806849
THE HORROR
>>
>>806859
Fucking this, I don't even know how else to respond. I feel sick now. Fuck I want to die. I will never get that out of my head.
>>
File: cmi-laughing-earth.jpg (70 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
cmi-laughing-earth.jpg
70 KB, 320x240
>>806868
>>806859
>being pussies
I bet you don't even perform cunnilingus on your gfs when shes on the rag, but you're quick to eat raw meat. fuck off cunts.
>>
>>806889
I never said to eat it raw (pic is nowhere near medium, which OP is slightly short of) but that would be far less disturbing than ketchup on banana next to meat that has been turned to shoe material

even if it's a lousy piece of meat, turn it into jerky rather than do that to it

respect the meat...
https://vimeo.com/45346598
>>
>>806135
Its not about eating rancid steak. My body just can't handle a lot of "common" foods. Like I said. I RARELY eat steak. If there is fish or chicken choices, I go there first. I even will admit to you that I hate the way pork and turkey taste too. (turkey always taste dry as fuck to me no matter how 'juicy' the cook thinks they can make it.) and fucking lamb is nasty too.
>>
>>806902
learn to cook then faggot.
>>
File: ScreenHunter_315 Jul. 03 10.07.jpg (39 KB, 950x309) Image search: [Google]
ScreenHunter_315 Jul. 03 10.07.jpg
39 KB, 950x309
>>806845
i remember when you posted this on /ck/
>>
>>806128
Sounds like Crohn's disease, see a doctor.

>source

Friend of mine has it and can't eat rare meat, gets the same symptoms.
>>
>>806016
>po'k

The fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>807128
Kek, somebody really posted the same pic? I have never even been on /ck/.

I remember when somebody took an OC pic I posted on /o/ and was posting it all over /b/
>>
>>807294

>implying im not looking at the source of your saved pic right now
>>
File: 442007_15050_0.gif (16 KB, 156x118) Image search: [Google]
442007_15050_0.gif
16 KB, 156x118
>>807286
my mother's from a shit suburban city outside Worcester, MA. i grew-up pronnouncing everything wrone, which i eventually unlerned before passing into adulthood. however i now use her words/pronnunciations ironically. sorry, i know it's an inside joke that nobody would get.

pork = pock
corn = cawn
saturday = sadday
might as well - mazzle
...and so forth
>>
>>807332
So you typed out your accent on an anime board?
>>
>>807895

kek
>>
File: anon has.jpg (10 KB, 295x171) Image search: [Google]
anon has.jpg
10 KB, 295x171
>>807332
>>
>>806902
>I RARELY eat steak
>I hate the way pork and turkey taste
>lamb is nasty

shit taste in food confirmed
>>
>>807895
>>807926
>>807957
don't me sma't anons
>>
>>807957
Are you jealous?
>>
>>807332

Is your mother retarded?
>>
>>807960
>enjoying lamb

Goat fucker confirmed.
>>
>>809126
Shit palate, m8
>>
>>805702
ok so it looks basically right but my only concern is that it is not really seared on the outside which is why it looks sort of dry on the inside. Did you by chance flip it several times when you were cooking it or something? I'd say you ended up at about medium but it just looks like it was cooked for a longer period by flipping back and forth to achieve that end result. The right way to cook a steak is pretty simple. You need fairly high heat. get some montreal steak spice and coat both sides liberally. cook one side until basically it's browned and then flip it over and do the same to the other side. Generally the higher the heat the more pink the inside ends up as it has less time to penetrate inside before it browns outside. In the end you should end up with a really juicy steak. I also suggest tenderizing the meat just prior to cooking it. Cook it in a skillet, cook it over open flame, it really makes no difference if you follow these steps. With a skillet or BBQ it's actually a little easier since the heat is more constant than over a wood fire.
>>
>>805702
Grill/pan not hot enough.
>>
>>809055
kinda but don't be mean about it anon :s
>>
File: IMG_20160629_085514311.jpg (931 KB, 1456x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160629_085514311.jpg
931 KB, 1456x2592
Bemis
>>
>>806783

>trusting seriouseats over gordon ramsay

Is this bait?
>>
>>805711
>still slightly frozen inside

Don't fucking do this.
>>
>>812582
yumadtho
>>
File: IMG_20151013_163302.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151013_163302.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
here is an a steak cooked /out/ ... woodsmoke adds a nice flavor
>>
I hope all you autists get gassed.
>>
its so hard to cook a great steak. every time i cook one, it's either too cooked or too raw. its so hard to get them juicy red in the center.
>>
>>813123
It literally isn't
>>
>>813124
i dont use those needle thermos that you stick in the steak though. i just try to eyeball it and guesstimate.
>>
>>813123
>>813126

paying attention to size and time would be a good idea
Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.