[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you even been somewhere on land where no other person in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
Have you even been somewhere on land where no other person in history has been?

Bonus points for North America or Europe
>>
>>804679
>somewhere on land where no other person in history has been
doesn't exist
>>
File: IMG_0246.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0246.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
I actually was somewhere I had never been. I was hiking along a river and it widened out and I could see the bottom. I hiked across and barely got my feet wet. Problem was I couldn't find where I crossed so I went for it and crossed here. The water was just below waist high but it was glacial so it was pretty cold.
>>
>>804682
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gangkhar_Puensum
>>
File: IMG_0249.jpg (94 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0249.jpg
94 KB, 640x480
>>804683
And when I got through for some reason other hikers I came across wouldn't talk to me. "daddy that man went to the bathro..." "come on son, don't talk to that man"
>>
>>804689
what
>>
>>804684
>In 1998 a Japanese expedition secured permission from the Chinese Mountaineering Association to climb the mountain, but permission was withdrawn because of a political issue with Bhutan.

That's pretty insane to see Japanese / Chinese cooperation, only to have it washed away by locals who think walking on top of a mountain is going to piss off their gods. Makes me wonder if there have been any "non-legal" climbs told between mountaineers that never made it to the books.
>>
>>804682
there's about 10 mountains that haven't ever been summited. probably some islands, especially in the south pacific, where no one's ever been.
>>
>>804682
Even if you walk like 500 meters off a trail in some remote location, chances are you're standing where nobody has ever stood.
>>
>>804878
Jesus what a special snowflake you must think you are
>>
>>804689
Ladies and gentlemen... Miles Davis.
>>
>>804878
That doesn't count
>>
>>805227
>Moving the goalposts, the post
>>
>>804679
I'm pretty sure I'm standing in my yard where no one ever been since a tree use to stand there
>>
>>804679
>on land

No

>somewhere where no other person has been

Plenty of places on the seafloor nobodies ever seen or explored. So yeah.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.