[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I own some woodland property now with a murky stream on it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_0585.jpg (63 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0585.jpg
63 KB, 400x300
So I own some woodland property now with a murky stream on it. Years ago, the army core of engineers used to dredge it out but now that I own it, they don't do it and obviously I don't have the kind of equipment necessary to get rid of all of the bullshit and sediment thats compounded over years of fall weather. Basically, if you wade into it, you sink 5-6 feet into rotten leaves and sediment before hitting a clay bottom. All kinds of black nasty shit gets stirred up and the only thing that lives in it are snapper and painter turtles.

I wanna regain some life to the stream, maybe one day have fish in it or something. How the hell do I take care of all the leaf litter though?
>>
What other streams & rivers does it connect to? Are you sure there are not already fish? How fast does it flow?
>>
>>804492
flows extremely slow, its hooked up to a meadowland which drains out into a bay, which then leads out into the atlantic. but it's freshwater/slightly brackish where i'm located. it was used as a place to pump excess meadow water in to when flooding occurred, however i've never seen it run dry since so i'm assuming it's fine. I've never seen fish, only turtles
>>
>>804484
That's normal. It is what streams are supposed to do in your area. There are fish in it. They are what the turtles live on. Without proper machinery you shouldn't be doing it.
>>
Pour about 400 gallons of bleach in it
>>
You just need to plant a marshy wetland upstteam to filtet the water.

Do some research on permaculture streams
>>
>>804517
lmao
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.