[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm going to be moving to Omaha from Hawaii for college
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 600x333) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 600x333
I'm going to be moving to Omaha from Hawaii for college I really like fishing and was wondering if anyone could give me any tips about what to get and where to go. I've been watching some videos about bass fishing and stuff to try and learn but I realize it's going to be a lot different then the salt water fishing I do here. Any suggestions?
>>
>>802390
There is a fishing general
>>801312
Next time check the catalog
>>
>>802397
Yep lots of freshwater fishing folks in the general, ask there
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>802397
>we should only have 4 threads on /out/

I'm just gonna bump this for anon in hopes that another Hawaii anon sees it. The fishing thread is a lot of freshwater people, a couple NE anons, and a guy in Ohio who think he knows how to saltwater fish.
>>
As far as any area specifics, I can't help, but my suggestions for equipment would be a medium action rod with 8-10 lb line. As far as tackle is concerned, I tend to have most luck with soft plastics on Carolina and Texas rigs, google those if you don't know them. Get a selection of colors (nothing crazy but some light and some dark, use the opposite of what the water is). For shore fishing I tend not to use crank baits as I usually pull up more tree branches than fish when using a crank bait from the shore. Is there anything specific you want to know?
>>
>>802390
Going to Creighton?
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.