[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone manage and REI or an MEC outdoors store here? I was thinking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 20160430_180549.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20160430_180549.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Anyone manage and REI or an MEC outdoors store here? I was thinking of putting my resume in, just curious what I might be getting into. I have worked at bike shops/retail before, so I am not a complete idiot.
>>
>>800687
Outdoor hipsters
>>
File: 20160430_150559.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20160430_150559.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>800690
thanks.
>>
>>800687
There are atleast 2 rei employees that post here but I don't think they are managers. If you check one of the archives you can probably find an ama.

The jist of it iirc is that the rei employee discount is sick but they are sort of a cult.
>>
>>800687
lots of Quebecois at MEC, if you can't speak at least French you might as well not apply m8
>>
You will have to deal with a bunch of dumbass's who have no clue what they are looking for. Conclusion if you get the job learn your shit. Nothing pisses me off more then when someone doesn't even know what they are selling.
>>
File: hella roughin it brah.jpg (679 KB, 1024x583) Image search: [Google]
hella roughin it brah.jpg
679 KB, 1024x583
>>800687
>I am not a complete idiot
sorry, then you're not qualified to work at rei
>>
What's wrong with REI? I'm getting into /out/ shit, bought my backpack from them. Anything bad with their stuff?
>>
>>800828
overpriced (have to make up for muh dividend!) and employees know fuckall but think they're god's gift to the outdoors. i just go there to try shit on then buy it online for 30-40% less.
>>
>>800828
If you want something TODAY then rei is great. But most of their shit is overpriced. They have pretty good priced store brand tents and sleeping bags. And if you need some caribeeners and iso cans and some random /out/ gear rei is a solid place to look for a physical store.

The physical store model and is still relevant. And the poorer americans get the more relevant it will become. Ordering things online is cheaper but who knows if it will fit, what it will actually look like, and you need to have a physical address to even get it.

Rei is actually a very good model. Club distribution centers are a good model. It is imo a better model than blindly buying shit online.
>>
>>800828
Rei is great for the 1 year no questions asked returns. A lot of the stuff is overpriced unless you get it on sale though. But they have a sale like every other month.

I've noticed certain items are impossible to find cheaper than rei (like osprey packs) but god damn a lot of it is like 30% more than online.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.