[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
am I going to freeze to death, /out/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1464625537489.jpg (72 KB, 640x617) Image search: [Google]
1464625537489.jpg
72 KB, 640x617
Do you guys think I'll be okay if I just don't bring my sleeping bag or pad to a 3 day camping trip in northern California?
The temperature is expected to be around 45 to 50 degrees farenheit at night.
I'm hoping the combination of wearing my gorka, long underwear, wool socks, and a fleece beaner will be enough to keep me warm, with a thick Israeli wool blanket on top.
Will I die?
>>
Probably. You'll also look like a nerd.
>>
>>799922
Hmmmm well can you suggest a cheapish, lightweight sleeping bag that I can get by tomorrow that also stuffs very small in a stuff sack?
I honestly feel like I would've been fine without it.. have you ever worn long underwear in a gorka?
>>
Story on monkey plz
>>
>>799927
gang violence
>>
45 to 50 is so comfy. Can't wait until fall.
>>
>>799925
I use an inner bag from rei that i use solo down to a little over that temp. I don't remember what it is called but it was the rei brand and cost like 40 bucks.
>>
>>799921
You will live. You might want to die, but you won't.
>>
>>799921
You won't die, you will definitely be uncomfortable without at least a pad to keep you off the ground. The ground will act as a heat sink and make your back cold, even with your slavaboo gear.
>>
>>799921
You wont get freezed to Death but you will prolly miss your cosy sleeping-pad. I was outside for 2 weeks with Little under your temprature, Felt blessed when I realized how Little pain in the back I had for sleeping on small rocks and roots. I felt them but my 180gram-blowup-sleepingpad sealed that deal...
I wish you the best of luck and IMHO, allways bring a sleeping-pad, it's light so you can strap it on the outside of your backpack.
>>
>>799925
Any fucking thing works, Just Think of the volume. Stuff that's in the store is there cause it sells. Buy the cheapest thing you find. I found my gear in a numerous dumpsters. Weighs just over 4 kg all-over and includes most cooking-/sleeping-/hiking-/estetic-gear I need when I hitchhike.
>>
>>799951
Are you talking about a sleeping bag liner? What do you mean by solo down?
>>
>>800067
Yes it is sold as a summer bag. I use it as a liner in winter and solo in tempatures down to right abve what op mentioned.
>>
no, but you'll probably be really uncomfortable.
bring a cheapo foam pad to sleep on. not only will it cushion you, but you'll be leaps and bounds warmer vs bare ground. you might be OK with just your slav mulsurp if you have one of those
are you, by chance, camping near Quincy?
>>
>>800106
No we'll be just south of Klamath
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.