[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats the most recent thing you've done /out/side? >pic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2510x2510) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2510x2510
Whats the most recent thing you've done /out/side?

>pic related: fire pit
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
About got fucking killed kayaking in the ocean because I overestimated my abilities
>>
File: image.gif (472 KB, 226x309) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
472 KB, 226x309
>>799082
Go on...
>>
File: Camping.png (417 KB, 591x571) Image search: [Google]
Camping.png
417 KB, 591x571
>>799075

Took my CJ down the Baja Coast and camped on my own at the edge of a cliff with a slope a few meters away that gets you down to the shore. Fun times
>>
File: BillyBobLobster.png (746 KB, 596x593) Image search: [Google]
BillyBobLobster.png
746 KB, 596x593
>>799126

Made a friend too
>>
>>799082
Man, are you really gonna keep us hanging like that?
>>
>>799126
That's fucking dope bro, wish I could do that sometime. Married here with chores and whatnot so kinda jealous
>>
File: 20160621_081821-1.jpg (4 MB, 2830x1767) Image search: [Google]
20160621_081821-1.jpg
4 MB, 2830x1767
Got back yesterday from an overnight stay in the Everglades. Never going again during the wet season.
>>
>>799101
>>799137
I was kayaking over to a distant island that I heard was private and I wanted to check out. It was a very calm day but it was 110° outside. It was a sit-on-top kayak I had rented. I made it to the island after almost completely exhausting myself and using up most of my water. There was no one there, just a bunch of run down glorified shacks. On the way back my arms started to feel like lead and I was rationing my sips of water out. Still had about five miles left to go. Weather picked up, waves got choppy and got thrown out of the kayak multiple times, which took a lot of my energy to climb back inside of with waves crashing over me. It was everything I could do to just sit upright in the kayak at that point but I kept forcing my body to paddle forward. Once I got within half a mile I got my second wind and paddled like hell for the shore, pulled the kayak up onto the sand and just fell back into the sand and slept until the tide had brought the water up to my feet.

I felt like I was eventually just going to completely run out of energy and not be able to pull myself into the kayak and drown from exhaustion. Your body can summon strength you didn't know you had when you get scared of dying.

Oh, and I knew what I was doing was stupid before, during, and afterwards, so no need to educate me on that. I just did it anyways.
>>
File: 20160531_190627.jpg (2 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
20160531_190627.jpg
2 MB, 4160x2340
Went fishing at a nearby lake.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.