[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Millennials hike / millennials die
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3
What is behind this wave of suicidal behavior?

Should millennials need a permit to go /out/ to prevent them from clogging up the trails with their corpses? Do they not care about the environment?

http://www.grindtv.com/nature/4-hikers-die-weekend-record-arizona-heat-wave/#zJUPuKfGZ1O4lyYw.97
>>
Lel white people

Waitto piggus go homu
>>
>>798796
Unless you're older than 34, you're likely a "millenial" too. Stop making this a generational thing, when cases like these are more or less examples of individual foolishness.
>>
>>798811
But it is a generational thing (mostly the result of overprotective parenting and not enough unsupervised free time spent outdoors as kids, plus bullshit postmodern educational theory, that adds up to a lack of basic life skills).

>>798796
Millennials shouldn't be allowed outside at all without a handler.
>>
>>798829
So what you're saying is it's the prior generation's fault for not knowing how to raise their kids?
>>
This happens every year in Arizona, always has always will.

>>798829
Not really Generational because people have been dieing of heat in Arizona before it became Arizona
>>
>>798852
Why can't you millennials into math? Is your mom a gen x? Not sure you had a dad to ask you about him
>>
>>798796
>millennials
>66-year-old woman
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/27/us/missing-hiker-geraldine-largay-appalachian-trail-maine.html

Also AZ has had a record setting 120F heatwave.
>>
>>798931
You're the one who blamed it on the parents of millennials, millennials didn't spawn from pits in Yosemite only to now return, they're the product of gen x. I can't even tell if we're disagreeing or not.
>>
>>798796
the fuck are you talking about you nigger?
you can find utter idiots in every generation.
>>
>>798796

>only 90's kids will get this ded XD
>>
>A 2009 report from MetLife described Millennials as those born between 1977-1994

Most of 4chan are millennials. Instead of shitting on your co workers, school mates get them to go out with you. Show em whats up instead of mocking them.

Being out is a timeless thing, every generation likes it
>>
>>799238
But then we wouldn't be able to bitch and complain instead of doing something about it.
>>
>>799260
i don't honestly care for other people dying.
natural selection is good for humanity.
>>
>>798796
i now this is going make me sound like a curmudgeon but people who didnt grow up hiking and camping don't respect nature. they see potential for facebook stories or an excuse to drink booze during the day.

when i was younger scouts drilled into me that your water dictates the length of your travels nothing else. i know i am preaching to the choir but if you are not 50 percent done with your trip and you are at 55 percent water turn around and go back to your car. also why the fuck would you hiking in 100+ degrees if you are not a regular.

i feel bad for these kids. very avoidable death.
>>
>>798808
Expel the barbarians, revere the emperor
>>
>>799361
>All the rest of you do is masturbate over knives, hammocks and bug out bags
and hatchets, youtubers, and out "reality" shows
>>
>Should millennials need a permit to go /out/ ?

If more millennials went /out/ they wouldn't fucking kill themselves, the outdoors is a great source for hope and joy.

Source: I'm 18 myself.
>>
>>798829
>being punished for the mistakes of others
God dammit.
>>
>>798796
Jesus, that is bad... don't just NOT dig for water....
>>
Where did you worthless wastes of space even come from? A few months ago this was barely happening at all and now we have these threads popping up all the time

Bitching about 'millenials' as if they were some monolithic block is something no intelligent person ever has or ever will do. Being born in the 80's and 90's does not render you incapable of carrying water or staying off of the internet for a whole day.
>>
>>799361
Let me guess, you set the set off at 82 since it's when you were born right?
>>
>>799479
/pol/ & /b/ seem to have a tendency towards destroying any decent boards. /out/ was one of the last strongholds.
>>
There is literally nothing wrong with being a millenial.
>>
Maybe the 'wave' of these young kids going out and dying on hikes is due to the fact that it's summer, and school will be out soon or is out.
>>
>>799587
It's just summer. I don't mean in the normal it's summer. But it's when most people go or think about going oit and this board speeds up significantly.
>>
>>798931
>>798968
My parents are Boomers and I am Gen Y, making me a Millennial.
>>
>>798796

In AZ most of the people who die during heat-waves are tourists who just had no idea how much water you need to survive extreme temperatures and overheated then died because they couldn't recognize the signs of heat exhaustion and then heat stroke. If it was this hot all the time, we wouldn't need a Trump wall.
>>
>>798968
>>799753
I'm glad you all agree that it's the boomers and not gen X that were your shitty absentee patents
>>
>>799479

>Being born in the 80's and 90's does not render you incapable of carrying water

And yet four of you died in one weekend. And none survived. I have to conclude that yours was not an argument.
>>
>>798796
>What is behind this wave of suicidal behavior?

Natural selection
>>
>>799554
Nah m8 I was born in the 60s. Cmon you are embarrassing your generation
>>
>>799913
kill yourself dad
>>
>>799914
I will soon. Growing up I saw man land on the moon. Now all I see is faggots clamoring to be Brazil 2.0
>>
>>798955
>120 F

And I'm LOVING IT!
>>
>>798796
I've done work there in august in the superstitions. obviously with shitloads of water and trucks with AC. Why would you intentionally go out in those temperatures doing physical activity? what were you expecting to happen?

I mean the one girl headed out with friends who were doctors for christ's sake. You'd think one of them might realize that going out in that heat might be a dangerous proposition. WTF are american med schools now on par with mexican ones?
>>
>>800376
Med schools will take any minority or female except Asians . If you value your life seek out a male Jew, white or oriental doctor
>>
>>798955
Fugg, I was planning to hike that section of trail
>>
File: 1448215491345-1.png (680 KB, 612x457) Image search: [Google]
1448215491345-1.png
680 KB, 612x457
>>800764
>let any minority in for the sake of being a minority
>discriminate against better non-minority people

America is so racist that they actually try to fight racism with racism.

Silly america, you can't just solve all problems with racism.
>>
>>801074
You should see all of the "democracy isn't fair because it counts white people the same as others" going around on facebook and such after the Brexit referendum.
>>
>>801095
Heck, that's on CBS, NBC and ABC. White faggot pundits dismissed the brexit supporters as non people because they were ethnic English
>>
>>799983
Because you never leave your house, you old shit. Nobody cares about you.
>>
>Boomer dad: I worked hard so you could have a better life than me
>quit full time job in an ice box to take some time off and search for something not-as-miserable (aka better myself)
>Boomer dad: That's not gonna fly, anon. I worked in an ice box, so I'm disappointed you quit your icebox.

Boomers are literally delusional.
>>
>>798829
These people died in a very intense heatwave. They had no business trying to do outdoor activities in such inclement weather. I'm a millennial by definition and knew not to try to hike in 115 f degree weather.
>>
File: IMG_5543123.jpg (970 KB, 1463x976) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5543123.jpg
970 KB, 1463x976
>>799361
tfw born in 1995 and love out.
Where the conservative pragmatic rationalist hot bitches at senpai?
>>
almost all fatalities are baby boomers rather than millennials.
>>
>>798829
> not enough time spent unsupervised outdoors
> should need a handler to be outdoors
Uh huh
>>
>>801385
A nunnery perhaps
>>
>>799361
>baby boomer getting his knickers in a knot over over baseless claims
'92 here and I bet im /out/ more than you tbqh you filthy pensioner
>>
>>801764
There are no boomers here limey. I'm sure you go /out/ all the time to the kebab shop or to get your dole on but if you went on a hike you would die.
>>
>>801385
Extinct
>>
>>801373
It's all the lead. During their infancy there was the perfect storm of tetra ethyl lead in gasoline (perfectly aerosolized lead after combustion, pretty much the most easily absorbed form of lead) and a surge in car ownership.
Their retardation is even holding back things like building codes because these idiots are nostalgic for tar paper and think the way their grandpa did things was the best.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.