[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
weather thread?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: weather.png (24 KB, 782x445) Image search: [Google]
weather.png
24 KB, 782x445
I got a baaaad feeling on this one there, Fats.
>>
File: 1402265388502.png (687 KB, 610x808) Image search: [Google]
1402265388502.png
687 KB, 610x808
>natural disasters are kind enough to avoid the borders of Virginia
>>
>>798499
When?
>>
>>798513
that's for tomorrow (weds) through thurs morning

heavy rain, large hail, strong winds, possible tornadoes

I would not be surprised in the least bit for widespread power outages
>>
>>798499
Is this headed for New England?
>>
File: day3prob_0730.gif (26 KB, 815x555) Image search: [Google]
day3prob_0730.gif
26 KB, 815x555
>>798555
it is moving east, but likely not going to be nearly as strong
>>
>>798499
NC here, It hasent rained in like 3 weeks where I live, Looks like we might be in drought conditions soon.
>>
>>798564
I really want at least one good t storm this summer that will light up the night into day and shake my house.
>>
>>798651
I enjoy a good rumble down under as much as the next guy, but tornadoes are where I draw the line

there was a spectacular storm, I think it was last summer, where the lightning was literally constant...standing outside it was almost like day with the lightning lighting up the clouds
>>
File: swo_sm_201606221053.png (369 KB, 572x600) Image search: [Google]
swo_sm_201606221053.png
369 KB, 572x600
it's still coming

pay attention tonight people
>>
>>799267
can you keep the thread updated with shit? Over here in the UK we barely get storms, let alone ones you guys get.
>>
Fuck, I am driving from Denver to Indy starting this afternoon.
>>
>>799267
About time we got some rain here in Michigan
>>
>>799289
well, I've been trying to update as the predictions change and warn people; with what they're forecasting, the people in the red region could see tornadoes, winds of 70mph+, and baseball size hail

the storms are supposed to form very quickly this afternoon and tonight, joining into squall lines

if there's damage, I'll be sure to share....although I'm not confident there will still be power

the actual great lakes themselves can cause some strange weather stuff (like lake effect snow, which I believe doesn't occur anywhere else), but more often than not, I think it helps to diffuse storms a bit since it looses the heat when coming over the water....although with this system it seems that the amount of moisture in the air is going to play a large role....

this region is not particularly known for these strong of storms like they get down in tornado alley, however, while not as "dire", it's still worth watching carefully....because of the differences in topography, sometimes one county will get a ton of damage and others will come through with practically nothing

>>799295
haven't minded not mowing the grass every few days, but it's been unbearable to go outside
>>
File: storms.png (40 KB, 1094x276) Image search: [Google]
storms.png
40 KB, 1094x276
current outlooks for today

it should go without saying, stay the F out and off of the water later today
>>
>>799318
where can I get maps like these for western europe
>>
>>799323
I have no idea...whomever is responsible for weather forecasting over there?

in the US these maps and forecasts are updated every 4-6hrs by the national weather service, which is a part of NOAA (national oceanic and atmospheric administration)

the NWS also issues local warnings/advisories/alerts
>>
There was supposed to be another one of those storms in Sydney last weekend but it didn't happen. Fucking ripoff, listening to windows rattle and trees fall in the distance was excellent.
>>
>>798656
>tornadoes are where I draw the line
Seems logical lol

>>799323
I think you guys have a version of our NOAA using European Space Agency satellites.
>>
Well looks like we might get some rain and a bit of lightning here in the Twin Cities, nothing severe. Good luck on Michigan Ohio.
Have you guys not been getting storms there? Last Thursday-Sunday it felt like it was with hot and humid or thunderstorming, such is June
>>
>>798499
We need a good clean anyway.
>>
>>799445
oh it's been really hot and humid, but any storms that were supposed to be for this area seemed to fizzle or be real hit and miss
>>
(let's try that again)

reporting back in...

so far at least the storms sunk down south and more westward...have not gotten any strong wind or hail, just a lot of rain

apparently there were tornadoes in Illinois though, and still might be some strong stuff into indiana and ohio

my guess if that the development being slow until late in the evening helped them be not as severe as predicted, thankfully
>>
>>798499

>be me
>live in lake county Indiana
>lost barn to storms two years ago
>finally got it rebuilt this winter
>go on week long trip to Wisconsin to fish
>can't sleep, decide break my one rule and take out my phone
>go on /out/
>see this thread

I swear to god if I lost another barn while I was gone... anyone know how the southern half of the county is doing?
>>
>>799857
hope everything turns out okay...I hate that feeling of not knowing what's going on

with the storms I saw heading into indiana there was a buttload of lightning being detected, but even with the stuff being shown on radar that came by (and looked like it could have been serious), it didn't do much of anything
>>
>>799857
>Be me
>2 or 3 years ago.
>Storm Spotter in La Porte county.
>Never have skywarn nets.
>Major storm begins
>4 people on the net.
>Emergency Management sounds sirens.
>20 more people start monitoring.
>MFW only 3 people actually reporting
>MFW the fuck are we doing.

Shit is still as bad as it was then.
>>
>>798499

Here's a livemap for you weatherfags. Includes an updating doppler of the U.S. and active storm chasers. If you click on the chaser, it'll link you to their live feed.

http://builder.zoomradar.net/zoomradar_weather_map/weather_page.php?&key=NBtMX94AyuzcYHF
>>
>>799908
Chaser nation also has one of these.
>>
>>799999
Wonder who got this
>>
>>798656

I sat on the back porch and watched a tornado tear down my barn from about 20 yards away, it was actually really calming until after I realized what happened.

>>799865

Just got off the phone with my neighbor, said lost a tree, but every thing else is fine. Thanks for your concern.
>>
>>800016
well that's good to hear, it could have been a lot worse
>>
cincy ohio fag, was at work about 10miles outside the 275 loop. mass lightning started at about 0230 coming from northwest, sporadic sever winds and rain till about 0330. drove south to go home at 0400 lightning the whole time almost no rain then same as above at 0430 inside the 275 loop. heard about a tornado in i think williamsburg. storm was in mid south ohio/ northern ky at about 0700. lots of power outages and downed limbs in cincy.
>>
>cold and rainy throughout most of the year so far
>suddenly short """heat"""wave with highs of 32°C and lows of 20°C the last few days
>supposed to go back to rainy and 22/12 by Saturday
Really weird shit yo, it's 12:40am now and still 24°C, 70%rH, will sweat like a pig again during sleep. Well at least the hot weather and 16 hours uniterrupted sunshine helped my heat-loving stuff like tomato, bell pepper, fig, pomegrenade and watermelon to get a good growth spurt
>>
>>800306
Fuckin going to camp with a bunch of ham ops for field day. Saturday is supposed to be thunderstorms. Thank god there is a 200 foot tower next to us with big metal antennas. right?
>>
>>800306
...and I guess the two days of summer were nice, now only 11 months and 29 days of aut*mn till the next one!
Fucking 40mm came down in a single storm at around 5am, and several more waves now (currently standing at 48mm so far), we might break the 52mm single day record from 1999
I think my tomatoes and bell peppers have already caught potato blight, nice.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.