[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats those boat?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7
File: 20160620_134027.jpg (1 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
20160620_134027.jpg
1 MB, 1080x1920
Whats those boat?
>>
File: 20160620_134001.jpg (1 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
20160620_134001.jpg
1 MB, 1080x1920
>>
File: 145 skiers.jpg (173 KB, 964x641) Image search: [Google]
145 skiers.jpg
173 KB, 964x641
>>798053
>>798054

Some kinda Master Craft water skiing boat, the "rollbar" is for attaching the tow line and storing skies and boards.
>>
>>798053
Water-skiing and wake-boarding boat. They usually cost 3x as much as you think. The one in the pic is probably like 80-100k new.
>>
>>798066
>>798054
>>798053
I hate these things. This one little lake I fish at a lot, there are a few wakeboard boats that are out there all the time. A pontoon boat goes by and you get 3 seconds of tiny waves. A speedboat goes by and it's 15 seconds of medium waves. Wakeboard boat goes by and there's big ass waves for 5 minutes after it passes.

When I had my Waverunners, it was fun to follow them and jump the wakes.
>>
>>798066
Also, all boats pretty much cost 3x what you would think. There are some $100mil boats that hang around Ft. Lauderdale
>>
>>798053
the meme boat for meme boarding
>>
>>798100
>wakeboarding is a meme
I'm sure you're alot of fun at parties
>>
>>798115
Wakeboarding is the southern version of skiing. Its a spoiled rich kid sport. Or middle aged man sport.
>>
Yeah i know what they are but im looking for the exact model i wanna buy one like those
>>
>>798115
Yea its really fun when your sitting in a bay and some faggot in his boat starts going around and round with some fag on the back throwing wakes everywhere. truly a joy!
>>
>>798125
cause its really hard to figure that out huh? took me literally 30 seconds

http://www.mastercraft.com/boat/detail/x10
>>
>>798128
yeah im sure he's having a blast
>>
>>798124
Wouldn't be the equivalent of snowboarding? Although it's way more fun.
The fun order (ignoring novelty items)
Skateboarding
Surfing
Wake boarding
Snowboarding
Long boarding/penny boards
>>
The "roll bar" is called a wake tower.

Wake board boats throw more wake because they're designed to. They often have ballast systems that load tanks with water, so there is more wake behind the boat. Basically makes a bigger "jump" for the wake boarder.

You can put a wake tower on almost any boat, so many boats with wake towers are just regular fiberglass boats, not specifically wake board boats.
>>
>>798124
Uh. It really doesn't cost that much if you've got a boat.
Just gotta buy a board and pay for gas and maybe a cheap aluminum tower. Sorry you're a broke bitch neet.
>>798128
Sounds like he's having more fun than you.
>>
>>798252
im having a blast nailing large mouth on weed beds but when a faggot like that comes and throws a wake and your standing in a bass boat it is not enjoyable especially when there is a whole main part of the lake that they could be doing that
>>
>>798270
And they probably think "here's some fisherman blocking the nicest part of the lake for wake boarding" goes both ways.

The calmest part of the lake is the best for wakeboarding. Any rough water spoils it quite a bit. You want smooth as glass water everywhere except the wake you create. Smooth water leads to a consistent wake.
>>
>>798200
No. There are tons of snowboard bums, no such thing as a wakeboarding bum. Snowboarders also have to be more in tune with nature and out in the wilderness that wakeboarders.

In order to wake board you have to have a wake board and a $15,000 boat. In order to snowboard you have to have a $50 pass.

Wakeboarding is for spoiled rich kids.
>>
>>798316
>goes both ways.
That's not "it goes both ways", that's being an entitled asshole.
>>
>>798332
And some guy fishing thinking he should have that space to himself isn't entitled?

God you're stupid.
>>
>>798326
You can wake board behind an $800 Jet ski. I have.

I wouldn't call it a rich kids sport. I was pretty poor growing up but my parents got a used old maxim boat for $1000 and we learned to ski/wakeboard with it. My dad rebuilt the outboard himself, and repaired the hull, grandma redid the seats with new vinyl, towed it with the old farm truck.

Snowboarding isn't cheap either. $50 just to go one day, more if you need to rent, or buy a snowboard, boots, bindings, ect ect.
>>
>>798316
>The calmest part of the lake is the best for wakeboarding
so you just want to take your loud ass boat to the most serene part of the lake and fuck it all up for everyone else?

>>798339
fishermen just take up the small area around them. this faggotry would ruin the whole lake for everyone who's not behind the boat.

seriously, how can you be "that guy" and not feel like a total fucking asshole?
>>
>>798349
It's easy -- he's "that guy" and, as such, does not even notice.
>>
>>798053
These are used more for wake-boarding/skating/surfing than actual skiing.

They're specially built to make big ass waves and blare loud ass music. Those speakers on the wake tower are pretty standard.

Basically it's a lot of fun if you're on one, but hell for small boats around you.

A new wake-board boat (depending on length) can be anywhere from $70k to easily over $130k, so if you own one, you probably don't care what the john boat peasant father and his son think of you.
>>
File: 2013 xstar.png (768 KB, 814x481) Image search: [Google]
2013 xstar.png
768 KB, 814x481
>>798053
This looks like a MasterCraft x20

>>798054
Looks like an x45

>>798084
Shut up faggot.

>>798129
It has a picklefork bow. The x10 is a standard bow.
>>
>>798349
>Waves on a lake

>Ruins it

A fisherman takes up a spot for hours, a wake board boats is moving and take sup a spot for a short time.

It's a lake and public place. If you don't want others using it, then get your own lake.

The wake board boats is allowed to be there just the same as you are.

You are an entitled idiot.

Didn't your mom teach you to share?

Sometimes water has waves. Sometimes it's made by boats. This is simple. Stop complaining about it.
>>
>>798252
>doesnt cost much if you have a boat
>boat costs 20 grand
Yea go fuck yourself

These are nice boats but the drivers are usually dicks. I kayak and have nearly been tipped a few times because of guys whipping by me
>>
>>802821
You can buy a boat or jet ski for much less and wakeboard. You don't need an expensive boat to wakeboard.

I bought a $1K jet ski years ago and have wake boarded behind that.
>>
>>802828
No. I know what it takes to wakeboars and you need a fairly large motor. I refuse to believe a jetski could handle that, especially a cheap one. And i know for a fact that anything less than a 40 hp motor wont get even close to towing one because ive tried. You probably need close to 80 or 100, and a decent outboard 80 horse will run you at least 5 grand alone.
>>
>>802832
i have two 800cc jet skis and they tow people just fine (water skis, wakeboard, tube, etc..) and that also includes the second passage on the back spotting
>>
>>802832

So what you're saying is that you have no idea how much horsepower jet skis have?

My 1994 Polaris 750 SLT was bought for $1000. It has about 80 horsepower. It's not even considered powerful for its age.

Now keep in mind that 80 hp doesn't have to haul around a big boat eother. Just a little fiberglass jet ski and 2 passengers. It'll run 50mph all day with the trim up and one person on board.

Even the cheapest, slowest jet ski will pull a wakeboard as long as it can seat a few people.

We had a 1990 Maxim 18ft boat with a 90hp Force outboard that was more than enough to pull a wakeboard. The whole boat didn't even cost $5K with the outboard.
>>
>>802552
Here's a story about a typical wakeboarder
>be me in high school doin high school thangs
>kid everybody hates, his dad has some expensive wakeboard boat
>kid thinks he's a jock but really a complete doucher
>drives a Jeep with no doors, has Monster stickers on everything
>hear that people are drinking on doucher's boat, head over because nothing else to do and girls I know are there
>kid can't stop bragging about his dad's boat, calls it "tits"
>tfw not even a good boat to party on
>loud and onnoxious as always, doucher tells everybody "be careful, you get drunk twice as fast on a boat"
>I explain to him that the boat isn't evrn in the water, it is lifted out on one of those hoists on the dock
>dude is super embarassed and pissed off at me for making him look as dumb as he is in front of girls who don't like him anyway
>drink more of his beers and go home

All people with wakeboarr boats are the same.
>>
File: xstargtfo.jpg (290 KB, 800x535) Image search: [Google]
xstargtfo.jpg
290 KB, 800x535
>>802918
>be me
>multisport athlete
>never invite people onto my parents' boat
>hate when jelly fags like you bitch about being poor
>more gas for me to wakeboard with
>>
File: hxisbestx.jpg (8 KB, 288x167) Image search: [Google]
hxisbestx.jpg
8 KB, 288x167
>>802832
Bruh, you are wrong. 85 horses in the rotax 717, which is the second-smallest sea doo motor.

Outboard motors and their price are terrible metrics to base boat price and ability on. A direct drive boat with 300+ horsepower will run you about $10k if it isn't a shitbox. A 300 horse outboard motor alone will cost you $15k to 20k. An i/o with around 300 hp will run you around $5k. But a jet ski with 85 hp and a 140 mm pump can easily pull a skiier if it is in good condition. That ski will run you anywhere from $1000 to $3000, and a much newer and nicer rxt-x 300 will hit $15k out the showroom door. The only issue jet skis have when pulling a rider up is the lack of torque (actually thrust).

>>802912
The only issue with pulling skiiers on a pwc is that it is impossible to hold your line if the skiier is cutting hard, and cavitation with smaller pump sizes. Another issue is that you really can't wakeboard. Sure, you can ride a wakeboard, but there is no wake. It is cool if you have a few rails and floating kickers or you are wakeskating, but it gets old fast, and most people are too inefficient in getting up on a board or ski for one of the smaller skis to get them up. And most people are incapable of getting up without a tower pulling them upwards.

Scrubs are nigh-impossible to pull behind an older two stroke ski with a sub-155mm pump and no dock start. The ski won't bite hard enough.
>>
File: 1459232471545.jpg (15 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1459232471545.jpg
15 KB, 400x400
>>802680
>The wake board boats is allowed to be there just the same as you are.

I am allowed to be there just the same as wake board boats are.

You are an entitled idiot.
>>
>>803303
I wouldn't say most people can't get up without a tower pulling them up.

We taught a least 2 dozen people how to ski and wakeboard behind our last 2 boats that didn't have a wake tower. Never have had anyone NOT be able to get up after some practice.

Except Brett, but he was kinda heavy and gave up early. God damn you Brett.
>>
>>802680
hahahaha.... you're unbelievably dense.
I laughed in real life
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.