[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/out/ movies, tv shows, podcasts and books
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 9
File: AkJVrPo.jpg (32 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
AkJVrPo.jpg
32 KB, 400x300
For the upcoming month I won't have much chances to go innawoods. So I'm looking for some other sources I could get my outdoor fix from. Preferably something I could download and have it ready for the evening.

What are /out/ recommended tv shows, movies, podcasts and books?
>>
>>796891
could watch history channel's alone
>>
>>796891
Not a very long movie but I'd recomend 'The Road From Karakol'
Just a guy cycling through Kirgistan and climbing yet unclimbed mountains.
>>
Watch the show Mantracker
>>
>>796891
Unbranded is a documentary on Netflix about these guys that travel from Mexico to Canada with 10 horses
>>
>>796891
What is up. With that bird.
>>
File: 1382.jpg (3 MB, 4000x3000) Image search: [Google]
1382.jpg
3 MB, 4000x3000
Books:

Ian Frazier - Great Plains, Travels in Siberia, The Fishes Eye

Steven Rinella - American Buffalo, Meat Eater

Dan Flores - American Serengeti, Coyote America

Edward Abbey - Desert Solitaire, Fire on the Mountain, The Journey Home

John McPhee - Annals of the Former World, Encounters with the Archdruid, Coming into the Country
Steven Rinellas Meateater Podcast is primarily a hunting/fishing show but lots of episodes have conservationists, ecologists, natural historians and general /out/ professionals.
>>
File: 314.jpg (4 MB, 3000x4000) Image search: [Google]
314.jpg
4 MB, 3000x4000
bump
>>
File: PEvuUad.jpg (121 KB, 1102x967) Image search: [Google]
PEvuUad.jpg
121 KB, 1102x967
>>798203
>you will never have a meerkat lovingly laying at your feet
>>
File: 315.jpg (4 MB, 4000x3000) Image search: [Google]
315.jpg
4 MB, 4000x3000
>>798215
Meerkats don't do anything lovingly, except maybe when they mark you with their anal glands.
>>
File: 12018594045_04395780b5_k.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1363) Image search: [Google]
12018594045_04395780b5_k.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1363
movies:

first blood

the way back (i think that is what it's called).

the revenant

the wickerman counts I guess

tv shows:

ray mears everything

bear grylls (yes, it's fake, but there are a few valid tips

live free or die

mushishi (anime) pretty relaxing, and has really nice stories in it
books:

LOTR

edward abbey books
>>
Movie: Old Joy
>>
The revenant

The edge (ESSENTIAL out film)

The grey
>>
>>796905
Well worth while.
>>
File: 460-_8405538.jpg (138 KB, 460x460) Image search: [Google]
460-_8405538.jpg
138 KB, 460x460
>>796891

The trail show - http://thetrailshow.com
This podcast was sugested to me by someone from here, I'm very thankful to this day. Trekking, tru hiking, camping, stories, gear.... and beer.

Yeah you probably seen the show Alone, but if you haven't check it out. I don't watch a lot of TV 2bh, but I was so surprise I had to stop and watch this. Sure it's not perfect. But it's /out/y fun.

While your at it check out Seasons 2's Larry Roberts YouTube channel. The guy is really humble and real.

As someone said here already Ray Mears Bushcraft series. Yep he is the godfather. And fuck Bear Gryls, unless your the takticool kid that talks about carring guns to the the wilderness, jumps into cold rivers and do reckless over-the-top shit just to impress whoever is with you you can live a happy life without him.
>>
Stalker
Dersu Uzala
Happy People: A Year in the Taiga
>>
Survivorman is pretty great, as for movies Jeramiah Johnson and The Revenant are based.
>>
>>796891
Read a Sand County Almanac if you haven't already.
>>
>>797408
Just watched this, That Jonny guy is such a dick.
>>
File: Springwatch-2016.jpg (65 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Springwatch-2016.jpg
65 KB, 640x360
I really enjoy watching Springwatch.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b007qgm3
>>
>>796891
>Touching the Void
Book, film

>Canyons of the Colorado / The Exploration of the Colorado River and its Canyons
Book

>The Kon-Tiki Expedition
Book, film

>Kodoku: Sailing alone Across the Pacific
My favourite book of this list. Starting in 1962, over 94 days, Kenichi Horie sailed solo from Nishinomiya in mainland Japan to San Francisco in a 19-foot (5.8 m) sailboat.
>Book, film
>>
File: Nyctibius_jamaicensis (1).jpg (88 KB, 784x916) Image search: [Google]
Nyctibius_jamaicensis (1).jpg
88 KB, 784x916
>>797416
They're called Potoos...and they pretty much look like that all the time
>>
>>800555
second
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.