[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was the most dangerous encounter you've had with w
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: dsd.jpg (15 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
dsd.jpg
15 KB, 300x300
What was the most dangerous encounter you've had with wildlife?
>have to walk 1/2 mile through a desolate swampy trail to get to my fishing spot
>listening to my iPod, wasn't paying attention, see movement to my left
>see two piglets about 10 feet to my direct left
>"awww....I wonder where their mother is-"
>SNORT
>directly to my right, about 15 feet, was a 200+ pound hog
>I accidentally wondered between this fucking beast and it's piglets
>stared at each other for a couple of seconds
>arched it's rear legs like it was about to charge
>sprint like a faggot
>piglets looped around in front of me
>hurdled over one like a goddamned track athlete, can hear the sound of mommy behind me
Didn't chase me for long, but still, holy shit, I need to go a CWP
>>
>>796703
>suburban townhouse
>brown recluse and I meet
>damned near put me in the hospital

I would have gone too had I realized what had happened. No other wildlife has almost killed me.
>>
Most dangerous animal.
>trying to cut a bull out of some cows.
>bull not very happy
>keep trying because I can't be fucked bringing the whole mob in to the yards
>bull snaps, charges my atv, gets head under the front and flips the whole thing over backwards.
>I jump off and in what seems like two steps I'm at the top of nearest tree.
>bull snorts around for a while before heading back to his cows.

Most dangerous wildlife
>wake up in the middle of night for a piss
>step on giant toad
>half slip, half freak out, full fall flat on my face
>cut cheek on sharp stick.
That toad was 2cm from blinding me.
>>
>Walk in dry stone area with friend
>See something lying on a stone think its shit
>Get like 3 feet away from it see it is a rattlesnake
>Friend to close to notice push me from behinde
>Snake is right under me
>>
>>796703
Ticks.
>>
eating dodgy mushrooms dont count as wildlife right? othere then that, i got stung by a bee once ..
>>
Walk 30 miles, have to sleep. Lay down poncho, get on it, 5 minutes later smell of death approaches. Hear a low roar 10 feet away. Hand alarm activated. Creature leaves. Pick everything up and run.
I got chased out 3 times that night by bucks and bears, had to walk 15 more miles to get some sleep.

Thank fuck I thought to pick up that alarm at the dollar store.
>>
File: image.jpg (989 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
989 KB, 3264x2448
>>796703
I had a black widow living on my handtruck at work for about 2 months. It was inches away from my leg most of the day. She was pretty chill tho.

Lots of black bears at my old neighbor's cabin in Northern Wisconsin. We were driving down the little dirt road to get there and there was a pair of black bears running across the road. The first one crossed, and the second was still right on the other side of the road when we stopped the car in the middle of them and rolled all the windows down to look. It wasn't a mom and cubs though, probably a male and female.

He has had some crazy experiences with the bears when I wasn't there though. They had some family up there for the weekend once and they were staying in this mobil home building right down the hill on the lake. He hears knocking on the door of the cabin and thinks it's family members. When he answers the door, it's a mama bear with her cubs scratching at it. Ran and grab the shotgun and just shot it into the air to scare em off.

You always keep a gun with you up there. Don't need anything crazy because black bears, but at least something to scare them off.
>>
I almost stepped on a jellyfish once
>>
Rested my arm on puss caterpillar for longer than I should. Didn't really notice the pain at first as I was preoccupied with something else. Started to notice a burning sensation that reminded me of getting fiber glass suck in your skin, so i took a look and found the little bastard on the piece of wood I was leaning on.

Realizing I had been poisoned I looked up what the caterpillar was, then attempted to remove any spines with some duct tape and scrubbing them out. Felt pain shooting from my finger tips and up to my chest, and took about an hour to subside.

Most of my outdoor injures are self inflicted so that's the only time I could say I was in any real danger from wildlife.
>>
Ex trapper Here and a hunter for 16 years. I am not going to type them out if noone is going to read them. Just say if I should
>>
>>798612
Go ahead
>>
>>798612
I would listen. Stop if you get bored.
>>
Got bitten by a timber rattler in the middle of the night, alone, 10 miles from any civilization.
I was 16 and i sat down and cried because I realized I was going to die.
Luckily, he chose to give me a dry bite. I was totally fine.
>>
>>797184
Pretty squatchy
>>
>>798612
Yes pls
>>
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 259x194
>actually live innawoods
>for a couple years now, most things knocked, but a permanent address for the DMV is a lingering pain in my side
>work for huge corporatey corporateness
>sneak in two pieces of mail over months
>roll into DMV, register new to me car and ahem license renewal

Walked out good to go for four years, still under the radar for jury duty I believe. Walkin on sunshine.
It was a fuckin war in there though...
Scary shit
>>
>>797187
>I had a black widow living on my handtruck at work for about 2 months. It was inches away from my leg most of the day.
>2 months
m8... why
>>
>>796703
Time i checked some dubs
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.