[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What food to you make to take innawoods? I've been baking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6
File: Bread5.jpg (75 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Bread5.jpg
75 KB, 640x480
What food to you make to take innawoods?

I've been baking beer bread and wrapping it in a bandanna when I go out, but I'm looking to mix it up.
>>
File: 13276431.jpg (64 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
13276431.jpg
64 KB, 480x480
>>796517
I make pic related (they have many varieties - all d'licious) and wrap it up flat in foil so i can heat it up on a rick by the farr. It's really nice on a cool night innabush.
>>
File: french toast.jpg (93 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
french toast.jpg
93 KB, 500x332
french toast.

bread + egg + milk = god tier /out/ food.

fry it up in extra butter for bonus goodness.
>>
I bring a thermos full of soup, usually cream of mushroom, French onion soup, cheddar broccoli, and cream of turkey. it's maximum cozy.

>>796517
you throw any seeds or nuts in the bread?

what kind of beer do you use?
>>
>>796530
You make it before you go /out/? How long will it last?
>>
File: hotpeppercheese-4oz.jpg (95 KB, 1000x520) Image search: [Google]
hotpeppercheese-4oz.jpg
95 KB, 1000x520
>>796517
Put meat and cheese inside the bread.
>>
>>797348
at least 3 days. i've always run out before it goes bad.
>>
>>797352
>no one has ever tried these
It's a WV staple. Definitely get one.
Fresh, deli style, ham and hot pepper cheese is my preference but there are at least 10-12 varieties.
>>
>>797395
It is just a type of calzone/stromboli minus the sauce. Lots of Italians in WV and coal towns too. Makes sense they'd come up with something like that.
>>
>>797524
It's dank stuff though they won't fry/cook the pepperoni so I always go for ham.
>>
>>797539
But OP is making his own so he can make it how ever he wants. Also, the pepperoni is cooked when the dough is baked. I prefer mine pre-fried though, indeed.
>>
File: pepperoni_bread.jpg (175 KB, 1000x562) Image search: [Google]
pepperoni_bread.jpg
175 KB, 1000x562
>>797395
>>797524
>>797539
>>797545
Oh man pepperoni bread! 'roni, cheese, encased in bread. One of my mom's coworker's makes this stuff and like 15 years ago when she found-out I loved it she makes it for me several times a year. Seems most people don't bother refrigerating it because the bread insulates the meat and cheese so it just sits out a few days until it gets eaten. Perfect fucking /out/ food, if you're not treating it like long-term lembas bread or something.
>>
>>797545
They barely cook. It's toxically greasy/slimy.

I throw them right in a frying pan for a minute before using them for anything, except pizza where they cook fine.
>>
I picked up a dehydrator from a thrift store, so I dry some food and pack it in some plastic bags. Throw it in a small pot with a bit of boiling water and let sit for a few minutes, sometimes i add herbs that i find innawoods.
>>
>>797552
hnnnnnnngggggg
>>
>>796517
you might want to try making bannock, premix at home and then add water at source. Pretty good substitute for bread and it means you can make it fresh.

I usually go:

Breakfast: Porridge + tea + fruit

Lunch: water based meal, pasta, rice, noodles, anything like that because it's a 1 pot dish and quick

Dinner: More elaborate. I'll usually take meat for the first night or two, always take chorizo or similar anyways. Roast veg works well.
>>
Try backing bread while out
>>
>>797553
You mean you overcook them. Cooking meat only needs to reach about 160F. Beyond that and you are overcooking it. Fried pepperoni is like frying bacon though, some people like it crispy. Regardless, enjoy your cancers from that and the nitrates.

>>797552
>Seems most people don't bother refrigerating it because the bread insulates the meat and cheese so it just sits out a few days until it gets eaten

No, that isn't the reason. pepperoni is a type of sausage. Normally, it can be stored at room temperature. It is packed full of preservatives.
>>
porridge is the staple innawoods food. Just oats, water, pinch of salt, stir until it's done then add whatever.

nothing beats taking some bacon, eggs, sausages and beans with you though and having a fry up when you wake up
>>
>>797745
>Cooking meat only needs to reach about 160F
Kys. Soon.tm
>>
>>797830
Depends directly on the meat type. See image.
>>
>>797902
What a way to ruin most of that food, those temps are ludicrous.
>>
>>797946
You were merely uneducated.
>>
>>797946
FYI: the internal temperature of bread is 190F-200F, far above that of most internal meat temp lows.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.