[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm going to be camping on festival site crew for 30 da
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: Capture.jpg (125 KB, 857x609) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
125 KB, 857x609
I'm going to be camping on festival site crew for 30 days in July and I want to be comfy.

Problem is I can only take what I can carry as I've no vehicle and I want to make a nice cosy camp.
Last year I was in a coffin-like 1-man tent in the blazing sun on perma-wet ground with all my shit outside under a tarp. I'm never doing that again.

Considering the time of year I'm thinking big tarp with a mosq net + making a bed like Mike in pic related video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAlFy67h-0k) in the shade, and I'll make a bench/table, maybe even walls, out of the hazel around me.

What would you bring and how would you set up, considering food/water is taken care of, to set up camp in one place for 30 days in order to be as comfy as possible, if you could only take one bag?
>>
Hammock, or if no trees, one of those fold out cots. Big tarp for lots of shade cover.

Log beds aren't comfy dude.
>>
>>796182
With a ton of soft brush and a foam mat it might be.

I agree, hammock and tarp is a go, plus the hammock is like a porch swing during the day.

I've done long festival stretches and I know the value of just having your own comfy space to escape to. Do you know the site you'll be staying in? Thats a plus and you can plan for it, make a beeline for trees and shade. Just set up a bush camp, impress all the hippie bitches with your woodmanship.

Make a log thing if you want, could be a seat/storage space.
>>
>perma-wet ground

Tentsile, our lord, our saviour.
>>
>>796182
I have made one before, its great to be off the ground but takes way too much effort to have it any good. Finding proper branches, sawing, getting rid of sharp spots, constructing, realinging. Took me a whole day.
>>
>>796174
Well the key to hot ass weather is have like 2 tarps plus your tent. Put one tarp so high you can stand up under it. Then another tarp that goes over top of your tent keeping about 5 inches away from lle outside of your tent. Airflow is the key too. Try to setup your area in a way that the breeze comes from the most. If you can get up on high ground.. You can dig a 1 foot dirt hole the size of your tents footprint and drop your tent in it. The coolness from the earth will help cool the inside of the tent down.
>>
>>796174
>pic

Someone needs to learn how to split trees and hewing planks to make boards. You can use far less material that way. All you need to do it is some wooden wedges and something to hammer them with (sledge, axe, another log, etc). You don't even need to square them off, if you don't want to. Just split them down the middle.

>>796841
Indeed. Though speed and stamina come through practice. Making 1 is hard. Making 20 is easy.
>>
>>796174

2 person backpacking tent and sleeping bag and you'll be pretty comfy. you can fit those two in pretty much any pack considering you dont have to worry about food or water.
>>
>>796870
>dig a 1 foot dirt hole
Way to LNT ahole.
>>
>>796870
>>797957
Then it rains and you have a waterbed.
>>
>>796174
>covered hammock
>large tarp
that's pretty much everything important
>>
>>798042
Sleeping in a hammock for 30 days? Man I don't know if I could do that. Sometimes you just wanna lay on the ground y'know?
>>
>>797957
Most of us are not LNT assholes buddy boy but he can fill it in with trash when he leaves if he gives a shit
>>
>>798049
>LNT assholes

People who litter and fuck up the area are the assholes, anon. Trash caches are asshat-level.
>>
>>797957
>digging a hole is so damaging guys
No, fuck off. It's not like he's building a damn log cabin of fresh wood.
>>
>>798049

>most of us are not LNT

so you're mostly douchebags
>>
>>796188
... and then, there was wind.
>>
>>798049
I am an LNT asshole. Fuck you bro
>>
>>798213
>>798114
>>800110

Fuck it. If you lefties are going to flood the environment with 45 million illegals you can't pretend to be good people just because you pack out your shitpaper and bottles. I will scatter mine around everywhere I go because a never go the same place twice. Feel free to cleanup after me, you cuck
>>
File: meat_cheese.jpg (23 KB, 480x316) Image search: [Google]
meat_cheese.jpg
23 KB, 480x316
>>800243
What does LNT have to do with lefties and illegals...?
>>
>>800243
I'm not a lefty in the slightest, buddy.
>>
Lol, this shit got fucked quickly.
>>
>>798044
then take down the tarp and lay on the ground one night you know it won't rain. IMO, hammocks are easily as comfortable as beds. If it sags too much, you can adjust the ridgeline. You have options with a hammock that just aren't there with a tent
>>
>>800270
Lefty hypocrites support both
>>
>>800757
>>>/pol/ is that way, trumptard
>>
>>801037
I thought you said he's was a lefty
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.